• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Elgato Wave:3

Inle

Staff member
System Name Efrafa
Processor Intel Core i7-5960X @ 4,3 GHz
Motherboard Asus X99 STRIX Gaming
Cooling NZXT Kraken X52
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32 GB
Video Card(s) Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 OC Edition
Storage ADATA SX8000 NVMe 512 GB + 5x Kingston HyperX Savage 512 GB
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU
Case Corsair Crystal 460X
Audio Device(s) Audiolab M-DAC
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0
Software Battlefield 1
Elgato released their first audio department products: the Wave:1 and Wave:3, USB microphones for content creators. We tested the more advanced Wave:3, which comes equipped with a high-quality condenser capsule, a digital mixer, and many other useful features.

Show full review

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix B450-I
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock TF 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800
Storage 480GB MyDigitalSSD NVME
Display(s) AOC CU34G2X
Power Supply 850w
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Steelseries Apex 5
Would have preferred it to be a dynamic microphone since it's primary use is to record voice.

I have the same rather... you know.. accent.
And I have the same issue pronouncing '3'.
And thus I avoid voice communications on PC, and avoid the need for an expensive mic.

Kudos for being stronger than I am though. It has many advantages if you can break through such reluctance.

I'd go for something else if I did go for a mic though, something a tad cheaper but still good.

I normally like Corsair products though I might add.

Oh one more thing, on youtube testers would also try an instrument to enable you to hear how it performs with music, and I think it's a bit of an error to not do something like that, even playing some music through a speaker would give some indication I imagine.
Still, plenty of info in this review, lots of pictures too!

Last edited:

chaturanga

Thanks for that nice review. I want to buy that mic for my Zoom lessons and also for offline lesson recordings.

Sometimes I am making my lessons on the board and I want to learn if I left Wave 3 on the table and speak from 5-8 feets distance, will my students here me well?

As you see when I make lessons on the board I just want to be audible.

I have the same rather... you know.. accent.
And I have the same issue pronouncing '3'.
And thus I avoid voice communications on PC, and avoid the need for an expensive mic.

Kudos for being stronger than I am though. It has many advantages if you can break through such reluctance.

I'd go for something else if I did go for a mic though, something a tad cheaper but still good.

I normally like Corsair products though I might add.

Oh one more thing, on youtube testers would also try an instrument to enable you to hear how it performs with music, and I think it's a bit of an error to not do something like that, even playing some music through a speaker would give some indication I imagine.
Still, plenty of info in this review, lots of pictures too!