• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lexar Announces New Professional 1066x microSD UHS-I Card SILVER Series

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Lexar, a leading global brand of flash memory solutions, today announced the Lexar Professional 1066x microSDHC/microSDXC Cards SILVER Series.
Designed for your action cameras, drones, and Android smartphones, the Lexar Professional 1066x microSD UHS-I Card SILVER Series lets you quickly capture and transfer high-quality photos, including Full-HD and 4K UHD video2 with speeds up to 160 MB/s read, and up to 120 MB/s write. The card is U3, V30 and A23,4 rated for high-speed performance. This card gives you the speed and storage you need to capture more adventures on the go.

Capture high-quality images and extended lengths of Full-HD and 4K UHD video with write speeds up to 120 MB/s. This card is Class 10, UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) and Video Speed Class 30 (V30) giving you the performance you need to shoot faster and longer. With Application Performance Class 2 (A2) rating3, the Professional 1066x microSD UHS-I Card SILVER Series is also great for use with applications on your Android smartphone. Quickly run and store apps directly on the A2 memory card using an Android Adoptable storage enabled device.

"As action cameras, drones and smartphones become more essential for content creators, it's our goal at Lexar to continue creating solutions that customers demand in order to create high-quality images and stunning 4K video. And with high-capacity options up to 512 GB, users can rest assure they will have sufficient space to capture what they love most," said Joel Boquiren, General Manager of Lexar.

Lexar Professional 1066x microSDHC/microSDXC UHS-I cards SILVER Series is available this month for purchase online at an MSRP of $19.99 USD (64 GB), $34.99 USD (128 GB), and $59.99 USD (256 GB) with 32 GB and 512 GB to be announced at a future date.

For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

According to B&H photo listing there seem to be full sized SD cards as well. Also this Lexar is not under Micron but rather a Chinese firm who has bought the brand name.

WARNING: Marketing headlines information contains misinformation, these can't do 120 to 160MB/s in camera's & other non-Lexar devices.
.. it's in the small print ..

These conform to the SD UHS-I spec which has a limit of 104 MB/s interface speed (half duplex).
These don't seem to conform to the UHS-II spec 312 MB/s max (half duplex).
Transfer speeds higher than 104MB/s are only available when using the Lexar card readers doing non-standard SD transfer frequencies.

Why do they even bother with UHS-I and go all out to do UHS-III (Feb 2017) with the backwards compatibility for slower specs? Even UHS-II was early 2013.