• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

i-Rocks K71M RGB Keyboard

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
i-Rocks makes a colorful return with the K71M RGB, a full-size keyboard that offers a few twists in the form of an angled case and light bar combination as well as a smart wheel that does a lot with Windows 10 programs. Add its sound-absorbing pad between case and PCB and you have flagship features at a wallet-friendly price!

Show full review

System Name Uzuki Toune
Processor AMD RYZEN 7 7700X (ASUS PBO 90C Mode)
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Thermalright Frostspirit 140 White V3 ARGB
Memory 32GB DDR6000 CL36 Kingston (EXPO)(16GBx2)
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 1050TI
Storage 2TB Kingston KC3000 + 1TB Crucial P2 + 480GB Samsung Evo 850 + 480GB Kingston A400
Display(s) Dell U2723QE + Philips 221V8 (Portrait)
Case NZXT H510
Audio Device(s) Auzen X-FI Forte + Onboard Realtek 4080 -> Creative Gigaworks T40II
Power Supply EVGA G+ 650W
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3 (Work) & G103 (Play)
Keyboard iRocks K71M
Software Windows 11 Professional
Bought this after reading the review here. Just wanted to add that I bought it from a Taiwanese retailer that had a listing on my local online shopping platform and it had Outemu Red as an option. I bought red and when it arrived, the keyboard had Chinese secondary legends on the keys, besides that its the same keyboard with Outemu Red switches. Love using and customizing the knob, which is what persuaded me to get this.

System Name Uzuki Toune
Processor AMD RYZEN 7 7700X (ASUS PBO 90C Mode)
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Thermalright Frostspirit 140 White V3 ARGB
Memory 32GB DDR6000 CL36 Kingston (EXPO)(16GBx2)
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 1050TI
Storage 2TB Kingston KC3000 + 1TB Crucial P2 + 480GB Samsung Evo 850 + 480GB Kingston A400
Display(s) Dell U2723QE + Philips 221V8 (Portrait)
Case NZXT H510
Audio Device(s) Auzen X-FI Forte + Onboard Realtek 4080 -> Creative Gigaworks T40II
Power Supply EVGA G+ 650W
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3 (Work) & G103 (Play)
Keyboard iRocks K71M
Software Windows 11 Professional
20211021_143736[1].JPG

Sharing an interesting update. So around 2 months after my purchase, one of my keys started becoming unresponsive. After failing to RMA with the shop I bought it from, which denied they provided warranty even though they advertised 1 year warranty during my purchase, I directly contacted irocks via their website. Their customer service was nothing less than stellar. After explaining my situation, they said they will send me a replacement keyboard and I did not need to return my broken keyboard. But they mentioned due to the pandemic and the ongoing component shortage, they have no idea when will they have stocks to send me a replacement.

Fast forward 2 months, I asked them if they have any update. They replied stating they are changing from Outemu switches to Gateron switches. They said will send me the updated model when it is ready together with a tracking number. What I didnt expect was getting a tracking number message directly from Fedex around 3 days later, stating I will receive my replacement soon. Two days later after that, the above happened. Thank you irocks so much for your wonderful customer experience. Would like to see an updated review posted here one day maybe.