• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 13 Keyboard

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Today, we take a look at a Mad Catz keyboard; yes, they make those too. The S.T.R.I.K.E. 13 is a 96-key unit that fits the full-size form factor into a smaller, more efficient typing experience. Mad Catz pairs this with an aluminium frame, per-key RGB lighting, and plenty of software and onboard customization options.

Show full review

Processor 9600k
Motherboard MSI Z390I Gaming EDGE AC
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5
Memory 32GB of G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600MHz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI 3080 Ventus OC
Storage 2x Intel 660p 1TB
Display(s) Acer CG437KP
Case Streacom BC1 mini
Audio Device(s) Topping MX3
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse R.A.T. DWS
Keyboard HAVIT KB487L / AKKO 3098 / Logitech G19
VR HMD HTC Vive
Benchmark Scores What's a "benchmark"?
This could have been perfect. I like the small keyboards but I need my numpad. I just find the red switches, be it original CherryMx or whatever off-brand ones Havit uses on the KB487L, annoying to type on, and that's most of what I do with my keyboard. Give it brown switches, a volume roller and I will pay whatever you ask for it. I'd probably get three or four just to future-proof myself. Or I'll just buy this, a bag of brown switches and get to soldering one long, summer night.

Cooler Master has done this layout before and it was my daily driver for quite some time. Moved on to much smaller mechanical keyboards now but the Cooler Master CM Storm TK+ with brown switches will always have a place with me. It is nice to Mad Catz producing some decent peripherals because honestly, back in the day, they never impressed me much.

Reactions: VSG