• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

QNAP Launches Dual-port 100GbE Network Expansion Card

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
QNAP Systems, Inc., a leading computing, networking and storage solution innovator, launched its first dual-port 100 GbE network expansion card - the QXG-100G2SF-E810. Featuring an Intel Ethernet Controller E810 and PCIe 4.0, the QXG-100G2SF-E810 provides up to 100 Gbps bandwidth for QNAP NAS or Windows /Linux devices to attain optimal performance in a wide range of applications and services. It is a perfect match for unleashing the full potential of QNAP's TS-h2490FU NVMe all-flash storage that can be paired with high-speed switches for high-performance, low-latency data centers.

"The QXG-100G2SF-E810 redefines ultra-high-speed networking with 100 Gbps connectivity," said Stanley Huang, Product Manager of QNAP, adding "Users can also configure network redundancy to achieve network failover via the switch for continuous service and high availability." The QXG-100G2SF-E810 is ideal for I/O-intensive and latency-sensitive virtualization and data centers, and boosts network efficiency with the support of iWARP/RDMA and SR-IOV (coming soon). When used in a server or workstation, it supports Windows Server (2016 or 2019) and Linux platforms (Drivers required).

QNAP's flagship 24-bay TS-h2490FU NVMe all-flash storage features a PCIe Gen 4 x16 slot that allows the QXG-100G2SF-E810 to fully realize 100 Gbps performance, helping to overcome bottlenecks in modern data centers, virtualization, multimedia, and mission-critical backup/restore tasks.

The QXG-100G2SF-E810 is available from QNAP Accessories Store.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor 5900x
Motherboard Crosshair 8 Impact
Cooling Air
Memory Hynix C-Die 3200MHz @CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Lots
Display(s) Many
Case Something that protects my innards
Power Supply Seasonic 850FX gen2
I like how the heatsink fins at the ports face against the airflow of that fan :-D Attention to detail saved for another product I guess.

Jokes aside, I'm trying to imagine a scenario where 100gbps would be necessary and for some reason the names I think of within are dellemc and hp, not qnap. Are they actually used in such enterprise like settings? I have always thought of qnap as a consumer level brand.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
I like how the heatsink fins at the ports face against the airflow of that fan :-D Attention to detail saved for another product I guess.

Jokes aside, I'm trying to imagine a scenario where 100gbps would be necessary and for some reason the names I think of within are dellemc and hp, not qnap. Are they actually used in such enterprise like settings? I have always thought of qnap as a consumer level brand.
QNAP has been trying really hard to expand into that market for the past decade, starting with the development of a FreeBSD based OS, that they unfortunately messed up, like so many other things they try to do in-house.
So now they're backporting everything to their own OS...
No chance of any security issues there...

They seem to be doing better with their switch products, but they're of course "limited" to 10Gbps today.

So now they're backporting everything to their own OS...
No chance of any security issues there...
Funny you mention this as I am currently testing an Intel-based, still supported, QNAP NAS and it doesn't even have any microcode mitigations beyond Meltdown available. There is no supported way to install a separate intel-microcode package nor there is a BIOS update.
But they do have a built-in antivirus and antimalware app! ;)

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Funny you mention this as I am currently testing an Intel-based, still supported, QNAP NAS and it doesn't even have any microcode mitigations beyond Meltdown available. There is no supported way to install a separate intel-microcode package nor there is a BIOS update.
But they do have a built-in antivirus and antimalware app! ;)
Yeah, they don't allow any kind of user control of things like that, never have.
Had a guy contact me from some Canadian government department when I worked there, as part of my job was to handle their forums.
He'd found some pretty serious issues and couldn't get anyone at the support team to deal with it.
Turned out the support manager was away for CeBIT (don't ask me why) and the other guys didn't want to touch it.
I have a feeling those issues were never resolved and I presume they didn't get any business from the Canadian government.

It's really a shame that the Taiwanese "hardware" companies have such little regard for keeping their software up to date, especially when they're the ones making the software.

I've built a custom NAS that performs better and cost less than the equivalent hardware from any of the NAS makers. Admittedly I did reuse some "old" bits, but that's also the advantage of being able to do your own build, besides the fact that it's being kept up to date software wise.

QSFP28 100ge doesnt require active cooling, having that airflow near it is enough. Besides, this can also be connected with a QSFP28 DAC cable which doesn't require cooling at all.