• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AGON by AOC Unveils G3 Series 1000R Curved Gaming Monitors with 165Hz Refresh Rate

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
The world's number one gaming monitor and IT accessories brand AOC has rebranded its entire gaming segment to AGON by AOC. AGON by AOC will cover all gaming-related products in AOC's portfolio, from gaming monitors to gaming headsets, mechanical keyboards, gaming mice, mouse mats and more for gamers of all levels in three categories.

The very first models to be launched under the new name will be from the G3 series as part of the new AOC GAMING category. The five new G3 displays range from 27" (68.6 cm) to 32" (80 cm) to 34" (86.4 cm) diagonal, with all models boasting an aggressive 1000R curvature, a 165 Hz refresh rate as well as a sleek, 3-side borderless design. The curved G3 series will complement and improve upon (with higher refresh rates) but not replace the award-winning G2 series.

"With the rebranding of our gaming portfolio under the "AGON by AOC" umbrella, we're going to elevate our comprehensive gaming portfolio to be more coherent and streamlined. From casual and core gamers, to hardcore, competitive and esports players, we're also visualising an epic fantasy world where gamers will come together and showcase the best of their abilities enhanced by the products that match them best," says Stefan Sommer, Head of Global Marketing at AOC.

The new AGON by AOC league is here and growing in numbers. The battle is ahead, war horns are trumpeting and it is time to get the gear and leave the comfort zone for the adventures ahead. Adventurers are ready to blaze their own trail, stray from the beaten path, and follow their heart. After all, one does not experience the wonder and beauty of unexplored worlds, if one doesn't venture out, right? - Unless… you do it from the comfort of your home with a brilliant, immersive window to virtual battlegrounds.

Immerse yourself in adventure, discover your destiny
In gaming, the playing field has completely changed in the span of a few short years. In pursuit of increased performance and connectedness, allowing gamers to feel immersed in the game and to be the best of the competition, high refresh rate gaming (144 Hz+) and curved displays now define the "PC gaming experience".

AOC's G3 series continues to carry the torch from the beloved G2 series to offer gamers what they need to get ahead of the game.
"The G2 Series became one of our most popular monitor series very quickly and we are very thankful to our customers for their trust. That's why we're proudly and excitedly launching the G3 Series and we are confident we've created a worthy addition to the AOC GAMING lineup. You have to experience this 1000R curvature in person to appreciate the absolute immersion in the game you play," says César Reyes Acosta, Gaming Product Manager / IT Accessories & Touch Monitors Team Leader at AOC Europe.

The G3 series employs a tighter 1000R curvature in all models, surrounding the user from the sides, compared to the subtler 1500R curvature in AOC's G2 series. For games played from the first-person perspective, such as single player action/FPS titles, RPGs, racing and simulation titles, this aggressive curvature transforms the monitor to more than simply a window to the virtual worlds. Gaming on 1000R curvature displays, which envelop the peripheral vision entirely, is similar to having a VR experience at a desk but without the negative aspects of "disconnecting" completely from the real world.

All models of the G3 series are equipped with VA panels, offering a 165 Hz refresh rate, levelling up from the common 144 Hz standard in gaming monitors. Moreover, the Motion Blur Reduction setting reduces pixel response time to just 1 ms (MPRT), so gamers will experience fast visual feedback without distracting artefacts such as ghosting. The monitors come equipped with Adaptive-Sync support, offering gamers smooth and tear-free visuals. Furthermore, all models have very low input lag, so users' actions can be seen on the screen almost instantly, without any noticeable processing delay.
The new G-Menu software allows gamers to adjust their monitor settings with simple mouse clicks without touching any buttons on their monitors. Also, the Low Blue Light mode and FlickerFree technology help gamers to maintain their eye-health.

Visually, the VA panels produce saturated, popping colours with an exceptional contrast ratio and deep blacks, great for watching movies or playing games with dark scenes, while their wide viewing angles of 178°/178° mean friends and family can join the fun.

Specifically suited for simulation and racing gamers, the AOC CU34G3S uses a 34" VA panel with a 21:9 aspect ratio. The sharpness of the ultrawide WQHD (3440 x 1440) resolution combined with the 1000R curvature fills the users' peripheral vision and creates an encapsulating, immersive experience. The height, swivel, and tilt adjustable stand offers ergonomic use for long gaming sessions, while the two 5 W speakers produce a rich sound.

For FPS, action/RPG or any other genres, AOC also offers two 31.5" and two 27" G3 series monitors, both sizes come with Full HD and QHD resolution variants each.

The 31.5" AOC CQ32G3SU and the 27" CQ27G3SU are both equipped with a panel with QHD (2560 x 1440) resolution, which offers great clarity and sharpness, with the more common 16:9 aspect ratio. The sturdy and sleek stand doesn't take much space on the desk and has a cable management hole for a clutter-free setup. It is also height, tilt, and swivel adjustable for ergonomically correct and healthy gaming sessions. The 31.5" model comes with two 5 W speakers, while the 27" version comes with two 3 W speakers.

Further monitors from the G3 series are the 31.5" C32G3AE and the 27" C27G3U, both offering Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution. Depending on the games played and the users' equipment, gaming on Full HD resolution might just be the optimal choice. Not all games require the highest resolution possible to enjoy them or be competitive at them. For some gamers, speed is much more important and achieving high framerates on a QHD resolution and above is also a hard task for low/mid-tier PC setups. Boasting a 165 Hz refresh rate and 1 ms MPRT, with tear-free gaming thanks to Adaptive-Sync technology, these models are the most affordable of the bunch and perfect for budget-conscious gamers intending to improve their loadouts. The larger 31.5" C32G3AE comes with a basic stand with tilt support and two 5 W speakers, while the 27" C27G3U comes with an ergonomic, height adjustable stand and two 3 W speakers.

The first model of the G3 series, AOC CU34G3S, CQ32G3SU, C32G3AE, are already available at RRPs of £539.99, £329.99, £279.99 respectively; while the other models - CQ27G3SU, C27G3U - will be available from September 2021 at RRPs of £319.99 and £257.99 respectively.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Can we please stop with these kind of stupid stands that takes up an insane amount of space on the desk?
It seems like every monitor maker is trying to come up with the worst possible version of this with the widest spread and the least actual surface that supports the display.

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Can we please stop with these kind of stupid stands that takes up an insane amount of space on the desk?
It seems like every monitor maker is trying to come up with the worst possible version of this with the widest spread and the least actual surface that supports the display.
sloth no GIF

System Name My Addiction
Processor AMD Ryzen 7950X3D
Motherboard ASRock B650E PG-ITX WiFi
Cooling Alphacool Core Ocean T38 AIO 240mm
Memory G.Skill 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XTX
Storage Some SSDs
Display(s) 42" Samsung TV + 22" Dell monitor vertically
Case Lian Li A4-H2O
Audio Device(s) Denon + Bose
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Glorious
VR HMD None
Software Win 10
Benchmark Scores None taken
Stands are my least concern, but why these resolutions?

I bought my 32", 144Hz, 1440p monitor (AOC) in 2017 and there are still no viable option to upgrade.

I need 32", 4K, 120Hz+, FreeSync with at least VA or IPS panel. Is that such a big deal to manufacture?

There are literally the same -almost exact- sh!t every year since 2017 as the new product line...

Yeah, refresh rate went up to 165Hz, the curvature from 1800 to 1000 and the stand first just turned to black, than flattened to save at least some space.

My only joy in the fact above is that it is impossible to get a GPU that can drive a 4K/120+Hz display at decent price nowdays...

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
I bought my 32", 144Hz, 1440p monitor (AOC) in 2017 and there are still no viable option to upgrade.
I need 32", 4K, 120Hz+, FreeSync with at least VA or IPS panel. Is that such a big deal to manufacture?
There are literally the same -almost exact- sh!t every year since 2017 as the new product line...
Yeah, refresh rate went up to 165Hz, the curvature from 1800 to 1000 and the stand first just turned to black, than flattened to save at least some space.
My only joy in the fact above is that it is impossible to get a GPU that can drive a 4K/120+Hz display at decent price nowdays...

"Is that such a big deal to manufacture?"

nope, but hey, if you can just trickle the updates out, that means more money and less development pressure/cost for you.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v

Trust me, you don't want their 4K screens. Had one and it had the weirdest issues I've ever experienced with a display.
I got a line going down the first two or three rows of pixels on the right hand side now and then, it would power off randomly and the only way to power it back on was to pull out the power cable and wait a few seconds. Then there was the screeching noise from the speakers that would start at random at full volume and all sorts of other random glitches where it would start flashing for a few seconds.
Contacted support, sent it back and they supposedly updated the firmware, no change. Got a new graphics card, no change.
Had to get on to the consumer rights organisation here to get a refund, as AOC said there was nothing wrong with the display...
On top of that, someone I know had the same model, same issues, different country.
Not a brand I would ever touch again.

The stand thing was not specifically against AOC though.

Processor 5800x
Motherboard b550-e
Cooling full - custom liquid loop
Memory cl16 - 32gb
Video Card(s) 6800xt
Storage nvme 1TB + ssd 750gb
Display(s) xg32vc
Case hyte y60
Power Supply 1000W - gold
Software 10
its only reason i went do dell monitors, cuz stand like this or Samsungs taking far to much space on desk

D

Deleted member 24505

Agree on the stand, i have a 100 vesa desk stand that i use for every different monitor i get. The big V type stands are ducking stupid.

I don't have a 1440p, still running puny 1080p, but totally sympathize, I want a new monitor for the long haul but everyone is still iterating the same crap from years ago with minor "upgrades" like slightly higher refresh rate, barelly hdr sticker or only hdr600, no hdmi 2.1, etc.

Samsung just announced the new G9 with mini led and quantum dot, maybe they'll launch a 4k G7 with similar tech next

I do own that 34"G3S ultrawide 165hz since Nov 2020...this is an amazing monitor. very solid. great in everything.

but I do agree with you that the stand/feet are a bit too invasive, almost interfering with my mouse territory. that the only negative point imo. still its a great monitor.

Agree on the stand, i have a 100 vesa desk stand that i use for every different monitor i get. The big V type stands are ducking stupid.
What's the alternative? a big rectangular block that sits on the desktop that covers more surface area though with a smaller footprint on the desk? also, they are less sturdy imo, very easy to tilt them backwards cause of the weight distribution/centre of gravity as opposed to a triangular one that juts out the back and the front so the monitor itself is basically pushing down in the middle and on both ends at least that's my experience, tbf don't most enthusiasts/snobs/aficionados prefer desk/wall mounts/arms as opposed to the somewhat flimsy stands that most monitors ship with? it's kind of an odd thing to obsess over on a stand on a gaming monitor rather than the monitor specs themselves :confused:

D

Deleted member 24505

What's the alternative? a big rectangular block that sits on the desktop that covers more surface area though with a smaller footprint on the desk? also, they are less sturdy imo, very easy to tilt them backwards cause of the weight distribution/centre of gravity as opposed to a triangular one that juts out the back and the front so the monitor itself is basically pushing down in the middle and on both ends at least that's my experience, tbf don't most enthusiasts/snobs/aficionados prefer desk/wall mounts/arms as opposed to the somewhat flimsy stands that most monitors ship with? it's kind of an odd thing to obsess over on a stand on a gaming monitor rather than the monitor specs themselves :confused:

You haven't even seen my stand. and as to it falling backwards, lmfao. the stand itself weighs about 5kg+the weight of the monitor+the fact that with the monitor on it, the weight is all towards the front, it would be pretty hard to tilt it backwards. Yo stick with your crappy non raise/lower or tilt standard stand. It's got nothing to do with obsessing about a stand, its about having a mount you can raise or lower, and tilt, turn.

Low quality post by markobrian
You haven't even seen my stand. and as to it falling backwards, lmfao. the stand itself weighs about 5kg+the weight of the monitor+the fact that with the monitor on it, the weight is all towards the front, it would be pretty hard to tilt it backwards. Yo stick with your crappy non raise/lower or tilt standard stand. It's got nothing to do with obsessing about a stand, its about having a mount you can raise or lower, and tilt, turn.
Wow, you got butthurt pretty quick, apologies, didn't mean for that, but yes you're correct obviously, my stand is pretty crap, it does have tilt function but that's about all :( I have overcome this massive injustice by using an adjustable chair and a correctly positioned table upon which my shitty monitor sits on to make sure I don't need to constantly tilt raise or swivel on a daily basis :confused:

it weighs 5kg for the stand alone? I didn't realise people still used CRT as daily monitors these days, well done you my friend, again not sure why you took this as a personal attack but W/E, hopefully you can see how pathetic your angry retort to me is, and no monitors have 5kg stands so you're talking out of your proverbial or you have a 3rd party stand/arm which I did mention in my first post that most snobs/offended would rather use than the standard monitor stand :slap:

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
The stand on my AORUS CV27F is quite sturdy, made entirely out of metal. I'd dare say it has the potential to be dangerous/lethal under the right circumstances, as it's not only made of metal, but the tips are extremely pointy. I sometimes wonder if I should file them down a bit and make them more of a rounded shape.

D

Deleted member 24505

Wow, you got butthurt pretty quick, apologies, didn't mean for that, but yes you're correct obviously, my stand is pretty crap, it does have tilt function but that's about all :( I have overcome this massive injustice by using an adjustable chair and a correctly positioned table upon which my shitty monitor sits on to make sure I don't need to constantly tilt raise or swivel on a daily basis :confused:

it weighs 5kg for the stand alone? I didn't realise people still used CRT as daily monitors these days, well done you my friend, again not sure why you took this as a personal attack but W/E, hopefully you can see how pathetic your angry retort to me is, and no monitors have 5kg stands so you're talking out of your proverbial or you have a 3rd party stand/arm which I did mention in my first post that most snobs/offended would rather use than the standard monitor stand :slap:

Behave, and butthurt :laugh: Yeah i'm using a crt with a massive chunk of metal to hold the massive weight so it doesn't crash through my desk. /s Maybe 5KG was a bit of an exaggeration, not weighed it, but it's heavier than a crappy stock stand. What is snobby about using an arm? does that offend you so much that some people actually want a good stand for their monitors.

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit

Behave, and butthurt :laugh: Yeah i'm using a crt with a massive chunk of metal to hold the massive weight so it doesn't crash through my desk. /s Maybe 5KG was a bit of an exaggeration, not weighed it, but it's heavier than a crappy stock stand. What is snobby about using an arm? does that offend you so much that some people actually want a good stand for their monitors.
I'm specifically calling out you two. Behave. Be Civil. Be On Topic. Or get points.

Processor Ryzen 5700X
Motherboard Gigabyte AX-370 Gaming 5, BIOS F51h
Cooling MSI Core Frozr L
Memory 32GB 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Trio
Storage Crucial MX300 525GB + Samsung 970 Evo 1TB + 3TB 7.2k + 4TB 5.4k
Display(s) LG 34UC99 3440x1440 75Hz + LG 24MP88HM
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG Galaxy Silver
Audio Device(s) Edifier XM6PF 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750 G3
Mouse Steelseries Rival 3
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Lite Stormtrooper Edition
1000R is an instant turn off for me... nope

System Name My Addiction
Processor AMD Ryzen 7950X3D
Motherboard ASRock B650E PG-ITX WiFi
Cooling Alphacool Core Ocean T38 AIO 240mm
Memory G.Skill 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XTX
Storage Some SSDs
Display(s) 42" Samsung TV + 22" Dell monitor vertically
Case Lian Li A4-H2O
Audio Device(s) Denon + Bose
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Glorious
VR HMD None
Software Win 10
Benchmark Scores None taken
Trust me, you don't want their 4K screens. Had one and it had the weirdest issues I've ever experienced with a display.
I got a line going down the first two or three rows of pixels on the right hand side now and then, it would power off randomly and the only way to power it back on was to pull out the power cable and wait a few seconds. Then there was the screeching noise from the speakers that would start at random at full volume and all sorts of other random glitches where it would start flashing for a few seconds.
Contacted support, sent it back and they supposedly updated the firmware, no change. Got a new graphics card, no change.
Had to get on to the consumer rights organisation here to get a refund, as AOC said there was nothing wrong with the display...
On top of that, someone I know had the same model, same issues, different country.
Not a brand I would ever touch again.

The stand thing was not specifically against AOC though.

I use AOC AGON since 2017, no problem.

Here where I live, there are a few dedicated monitor/display shops. Those have something called "Pixel Failure Guarantee" which goes beyond what stands in the manufavturers'. After purchase, they do an extensive 24-48h stress-test to bring out such panel problems and after that, you have 1-3month to report any kind of pixel/panel-related anomaly and they replace the monitor for you without question. Beyound that, there is the manufacturers' guarantee which you can also extend by 1-3 years.

You can also get calibration for yout display too.