• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TEAMGROUP Launches T-FORCE CARDEA A440 Pro Special Series M.2 SSD Unlock the PS5 Expansion Slot and Unleash Your Gaming Spirit

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
At the end of July, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) announced the specifications and guidelines for expanding the console's built-in internal storage and confirmed that the PlayStation 5 (PS5) will now support M.2 SSDs for users to expand storage for game files and applications on the PS5. Today, TEAMGROUP's gaming brand, T-FORCE, is unveiling the T-FORCE CARDEA A440 Pro Special Series M.2 PCIe SSD with the industry's first-ever white graphene heat sink. The latest M.2 SSD, made specifically for expanding storage and will be available for gamers around the world on major e-commerce platforms in October, 2021.

The T-FORCE CARDEA A440 Pro Special Series M.2 SSD is being announced today by TEAMGROUP and is equipped with the industry's first-ever white graphene heat sink. The M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD, created specifically to expand PS5 storage, can reach read/write speeds of up to 7,400/7,000 MB/s and offers storage capacities of up to 8 TB. The T-FORCE CARDEA A440 Pro Special Series M.2 SSD meets the specifications for the PS5 in heat sink size, read/write speeds, and supported capacities, allowing PS5 gamers to install it easily and get the storage they need instantly.

The unique graphene heat sink technology (Taiwan Patent No.: I703921 & China Patent No.: CN 211019739 U) is an innovative patent technology researched and developed by TEAMGROUP that integrates products of different characteristics and was recently awarded a U.S. Invention Patent (US Patent No.: US 11,051,392 B2). The T-FORCE CARDEA A440 Pro Special Series M.2 SSD being announced today is equipped with an all-white graphene heat sink to compliment the PS5 aesthetics and deliver an exquisite visual and gaming experience.

For gamers looking to expand their PS5 storage right now, please check out the T-FORCE CARDEA A440 M.2 PCIe SSD launched by TEAMGROUP in 2021 Q2. The T-FORCE CARDEA A440 M.2 PCIe SSD has outstanding read/write speeds of up to 7,000/6,900 MB/s and offers 1 TB/2 TB capacity options for gamers to choose from. Simply install the graphene heat sink and insert the SSD in the expansion slot for perfect compatibility with the PS5 console. With patented technologies and strong specifications, TEAMGROUP aims to help gamers build up a gaming database and become a gamer's best partner.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
Buy your $2000 SSD for your $600 console to play the latest shooty mc bang bang open world slog today!

Sabarent's QLC 8TB drive is only $1299, and I can take a pretty good guess that these teamgroup drives are QLC. If it's TLC then the 8TB model may be much more interesting....

Yet-another expected Ludicrous Speed SSD that's only in there becausde Sony was too cheap on memory to quadruple it over PS4.

I think that using the same smart memory caching with SATA 3 6.0 Gbps SSDs on PCs would have given them about the same overall load times (with much more console longevity, especially when you consider the main memory bandwidth is 448GB/s, so easier to just keep twice the capacity full between frames, and perform MORE DETAILED EFFECTS.),

whereas this trash will always be restricted to whatever it can stream over 8GB/s, and will hit that 16GB memory wall quite quick. I do think that they could have afforded 32GB GDDR6, if they had compromised on a 6Gbps QLC ssd (same read rates as a TLC).

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)
Cooling Corsair iCUE H115i Elite Capellix 280mm
Memory 32GB G.Skill DDR4 3600Mhz CL18
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 3070 Ti TUF Gaming OC Edition
Storage Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF
Case Corsair iCUE 4000X
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D2X
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Platinum
Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2 - Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K70 MK.2 Low-Profile Rapidfire
Software Microsoft Windows 11 Pro (64-bit)
*Enters post*
*Checks price*
*Exits post*

:roll:

System Name Jamesbondosaurus
Processor Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75ghz PBO
Motherboard MSI B550i MPG Gaming Edge MAX Wifi
Cooling Arctic Esport Duo White / Black
Memory Patriot Viper Steel @ 3733 C16
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070
Storage 120GB PNY CS900. 1TB Crucial BX500. 1TB WD Blue M.2. 8TB WD Red HDD.
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Case Phanteks P200A PE
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III
Mouse G305
Keyboard Some cheap mechanical keeb
Software Windows
Benchmark Scores Like 5 FPS if I play Dying Light 2 at 8K.
LOL price

At last time when I read reviews of high class SSD m.2 to pcie 4.0 X4 somewhere with latest firmware updates I see that two models exceed above 100MB/s read speed of random small files in CrystalMark...I forgot website name, but was one of famous in list with sites for hardware. Is possible TPU(Wizzard) to make big review with many models SSD's something new models and older too, retested?