• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Quick Look: ORICO M2PAC3-G20 NVMe Enclosure

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
With its 20 Gbps interface, the ORICO M2PAC3-G20 aims to be a functional enclosure that is fast enough to get the most out of mainstream PCIe 3x4 NVME drives. With its simple but effective design, the housing will also act as a heatsink to keep the drive cool under heavy loads, all while targeting an affordable price point.

Show full review

Test setup to use the adapter card made me die a little inside to see. Fully functional, but hell of a compromise to make for 20Gbps USB-C. You could use this nicely a Samsung Galaxy S20+ with it's USB-C connection, but I can't really think of a practical use for the speed or storage capacity and the latter is covered pretty well by the microSD slot. The former is kind of covered pretty nicely by the internal storage as well that's fairly quick.

Looks nice for laptops with a USB-C 20Gbps output though. Paired with squid cache you can have a pretty portable internet. I wonder how well you might get by entirely with a active internet subscription in such a scenario and just use WIFI hot spots.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX
Cooling Stock
Memory Crucial Ballistix 16GB (2x8) 3600 MT/s 16–18-18-38
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB + WD Caviar Green 1TB
Display(s) ViewSonic XG2401
Case Phanteks Eclipse P400A + P12 rear + P14 on top
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm
Power Supply Antec EAG650G Pro
Mouse Razer Viper Mini
Keyboard Magicforce 69 (PBT Dye Sub + Gateron Red)
Software Windows 10 Pro
Do you know the temperature of the SSD during benchmark? I’m interested about it.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
Great to see another USB SSD case that doesn't use the thermally catastrophic slide-in mounting method, but rather lets the drive have actually useful contact with the case. Speeds look good too!
Test setup to use the adapter card made me die a little inside to see. Fully functional, but hell of a compromise to make for 20Gbps USB-C. You could use this nicely a Samsung Galaxy S20+ with it's USB-C connection, but I can't really think of a practical use for the speed or storage capacity and the latter is covered pretty well by the microSD slot. The former is kind of covered pretty nicely by the internal storage as well that's fairly quick.
I doubt many people will be using that in an ITX system, but for testing you use what you have. The speed will be useful for anyone working with photos and video, as transfer times (and especially working on a library stored externally) are crucial there. Depending on the drive and file sizes you might be bottlenecked by NAND performance, but at least that's better than being further bottlenecked by the drive enclosure. Not much else though - it might speed up load times for an external game library fractionally, but it's unlikely to be noticeable at all.