• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

noblechairs EPIC Compact Gaming Chair

The noblechairs EPIC Compact gaming chair is ideal for narrow spaces and short players, including children, of course. Don't let its small dimensions fool you, however. This chair is built to last the test of time. While pricing is stiff, you do get what you paid for with the noblechairs EPIC Compact.

Show full review

People are still getting taken for rides by the 'gaming chair hype train"....?

$400 is can get you into a proper chair from the companies that make their business making office chairs with good ergonomics, and way better build quality. Or look some of Ikea's options that look they have some decent ergonomics going on, build quality is probably similar.

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
People are still getting taken for rides by the 'gaming chair hype train"....?

$400 is can get you into a proper chair from the companies that make their business making office chairs with good ergonomics, and way better build quality. Or look some of Ikea's options that look they have some decent ergonomics going on, build quality is probably similar.

How come EVERY chair review on this site has to have the usual parroted "Gaming chairs suck! You can get an office chair for that much!" comments and the like? I mean, I get it already, some people don't like these types of chairs and that's fine. But seriously, enough with the parroting.

System Name His & Hers
Processor R7 5800X/ R9 5950X Stock
Motherboard X570 Aorus Master/ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
Cooling Corsair h150 elite/ Corsair h115i Platinum
Memory 32 GB 4x8GB 4000CL15 Trident Z Royal/ 32 GB 3200 CL14 @3800 CL16 Team T Force Nighthawk
Video Card(s) Evga FTW 3 Ultra 3080ti/ Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090
Storage lots of SSD.
Display(s) LG G2 65/LG C1 48/ LG 27GP850/ MSI 27 inch VA panel 1440p165hz
Case 011 Dynamic XL/ Phanteks Evolv X
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro + gaming Dac/ Corsair sp 2500/ Logitech G560/Samsung Q990B
Power Supply Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 1000w/850w
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed/ Logitech G Pro Hero.
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum/ Logitech G Pro
How come EVERY chair review on this site has to have the usual parroted "Gaming chairs suck! You can get an office chair for that much!"

I don't understand either, I have both a WorkPro 12000 highback and a Secretlabs Titan and while they are both excellent chairs the Titan is hands down better even though they cost about the same. I've had friends come over and prefer the Workpro and buy it and vice versa though so to me buying a chair is a very personal purchase don't buy one without sitting in it at the very least. I feel it's also important to not criticize somthing you've never sat in.

To be fair though the majority of budget ish less than 200 usd gaming chairs which is probably the budget of most people do suck.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
even many says gaming chair is suck, we have to admit that the market of gaming chair is still up

System Name PC.
Processor i7 2600K 5.0Gh,i7 3770K 5.00Gh. EK, Liqed Coooleng
Motherboard P67A-UD7-B3 Gigabyte T.,ASUS,P8Z77-V PREMIUM,MAXIMUS V EXTRIME..
Cooling Liqed Cooleng ,EK Suprime LTX Nickel,EK for Motherboard,Aqua computer (WGA), Thermaltake .... 0i,
Memory G.SKILL F3-17600CL7-2GBPISG. 16GBSkill Sniper F3-17000CL94GBSR on 2400Hz 10-12-11-29 1
Video Card(s) GTX590 ,SLI ,POV TGT best 691Hz ,LiqedCoold,GTX480.....GTX1080MSI SeaHawkEK SLI
Storage OCZ-REVODRIVE 3-240GB,2xCrucialMX100.512.R-0,1x LMT-32L3m,3x 1TB-WD,1x;1x2TbSEAGATE1x2Tb Seagate
Display(s) DELL-U2412Mb,Samsung Synkmaster245B,HP ENVY 34c
Case Thermaltake, NZXT SWITCH 810SE
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE BLASTER X-Fi Titanium HD , AUNE T1MK2 TUBE USB
Power Supply ENERMAX Platimax 1500W,Thermaltake 1500W
Mouse VIPER V560,FUNC MS-3, Prestigio, R.A.T.E.7 and 5,LogitechG502,RAZER,Inperator.,dead...a.s.o.
Keyboard Trust ....LogotechG410
Software Windows7 64....
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Fire Strike 21.385 (37.234,11.828,7.176)
The seat is heavily reinforced with thick pieces of metal brackets, which should add to its durability and mechanical sweat is better, but it does not offer enough options, especially in healthy sitting where this seat brings death but blood flow to the legs and varicose veins! For this money you get very good office chairs as others have already mentioned and the standard of endurance is far from covering healthy sitting, and the cheap solutions that are in use here. If you sit properly, the sole must be free and support the partial weight of the legs, the seat must not be tilted back, it must be flat or partially tilted forward for free blood flow, and the spine must rest in its shape. I speak from experience and in a few years we will have serious health problems if you do not focus on the way you use the seat that you use most of the day. Appropriate exercises are not performed by anyone and to take us aside is the only reason to get up, that vices will put us away but this can be greatly alleviated with proper sitting. but sorry for this long explanation happy and healthy play and work I wish for you ! :toast:

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
The erogonomics of this chair suck, but the build quality is there (for a change). Whilst it's true that for $400 you can get very good office chairs and professional task chairs, I'm not sure that the $400 full-ergo adjustable task chairs would necessarily be as durable as this, or come with the product support that Noble are providing as part of the $400 package.

As someone who detests gaming chairs, there's definitely a market for a high-quality product that functions as a basic chair and is mostly about looks. The fact it requires cushions to make it ergonomic says it all really, those wooden school classroom chairs from 100 years ago are comfortable with cushions in the right place! The "I want it to look like a racing bucket seat" market is a valid market I see gaming chairs appeal to, and if you're the sort of person who is fine with long journeys in the unsupportive, unadjustable, flat-backed seating you get on trains/planes/buses etc then this is a chair that will likely work for you.

I still think all gaming chairs are stupid but there's no denying they work for some people and are here to stay, just like tempered glass and RGBLED-everything.
Is this $400 Noble chair good value? No. I added a desk to an alcove in my hallway in April and bought one of these for £90 (~$100 excl. taxes)

1634991911340.png

Aluminium base, metal frame in polished silver and black powdercoat, full mesh, gas height adjust and variable back recline. Made in China and no warranty though - for $100 I'm very pleased with my find but if anything goes wrong with it I'm likely going to struggle to get parts or replacements for it (unless one of the castor wheels breaks, perhaps).

I guarantee that's more comfortable and cooler (in summer) than any gaming chair but what it won't give you is that racing bucket-seat look. If that's what you're going for, there's no alternative to a gaming chair because a real racing bucket seat (I've sat in a few) are neither comfortable nor affordable.

Last edited:
System Name Main
Processor R7 5950x
Motherboard MSI x570S Unify-X Max
Cooling D5 clone, 280 rad, two F14 + three F12S bottom/intake, two P14S + F14S (Rad) + two F14 (top)
Memory 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance bdie 3600@CL16 1.35v
Video Card(s) GB 2080S WaterForce WB
Storage six M.2 pcie gen 4
Display(s) Sony 50X90J
Case Tt Level 20 HT
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar AE, modded Sennheiser HD 558, Klipsch 2.1 THX
Power Supply Corsair RMx 750w
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard GSKILL Ripjaws
VR HMD NA
Software win 10 pro x64
Benchmark Scores TimeSpy score Fire Strike Ultra SuperPosition CB20
@Gmr_Chick
fact is, i can buy IDENTICAL chair at a national office chain (US) for 100-150$,
and the only reasons its "upgraded", as the "regular" design is only good for 200-250lbs, not enough for some overweight folks.

once you compare the spec for dimensions/weight they can carry etc, its the same chair from any other brand offering same design (no matter if gen1 or 2),
and is horrible to sit in if your taller than 5.7.

another chair i decided to "try", is much better, was cheaper (on sale), has much better features (lumbar/headrest/armrests adjustable as well),
and longer warranty.
anyone looking to spend less than 200$, get this (or clone from another brand)
mesh chair

so while cool review, chair is a joke (especially price wise)

System Name Shizuka
Processor Intel Core i5 10400F
Motherboard Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
Cooling Scythe Choten
Memory 2x8GB G.Skill Aegis 2666 MHz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Dragon V2 RX 580 8GB ~100 watts in Wattman
Storage 512GB WD Blue + 256GB WD Green + 4TH Toshiba X300
Display(s) BenQ BL2420PT
Case Cooler Master Silencio S400
Audio Device(s) Topping D10 + AIWA NSX-V70
Power Supply Chieftec A90 550W (GDP-550C)
Mouse Steel Series Rival 100
Keyboard Hama SL 570
Software Windows 10 Enterprise
even many says gaming chair is suck, we have to admit that the market of gaming chair is still up
Perhaps in USA. Here in Lithuania marketing is weak and stores are still full of random chairs. I personally spent 70 EUR during lockdown on new one as old one broke down after more than decade. New chair has full leather, full metal construction. As expected is assembled a bit like Chinese is blind and has dementia, but eh it's reasonable value purchase.

How come EVERY chair review on this site has to have the usual parroted "Gaming chairs suck! You can get an office chair for that much!" comments and the like? I mean, I get it already, some people don't like these types of chairs and that's fine. But seriously, enough with the parroting.
Because anything that is 100% form over function sucks?

A racing bucket seat which is what these gaming are designed after are designed for doing this.
1635175622031.png

An office/desk/gaming (whatever, is all the same thing) chair is designed for this.

Annotation 2021-10-25 103550.jpg

They have features intended for completely different use cases. You might be fine using gaming chair if you are fit and don't have any pre-existing issues but that dosen't mean they are poorly designed for their intended purpose.

if you compare chair without Headrest, gaming chair are indeed inferior to office chair. If you start to include chair with headrest, it's become less obvious. It also all depend how much you want to pay. Office chair at 1000+$ are incredible with headrest, but in the 300$ price range, there are very few office chair with headrest that have that level of quality.

The buckets format on most chair is also overstated. they don't have the profile of real sport/race seat but they are much closer to standard comfort car seat that is perfectly fine. The main thing that bug me about those chair are the stupid pillow hanging. This look bad, this look cheap. Main reason why i am not buying those. But i have sat on few of them, some really suck (like some office chair suck) but some are pretty good.

if you compare chair without Headrest, gaming chair are indeed inferior to office chair. If you start to include chair with headrest, it's become less obvious. It also all depend how much you want to pay. Office chair at 1000+$ are incredible with headrest, but in the 300$ price range, there are very few office chair with headrest that have that level of quality.

The buckets format on most chair is also overstated. they don't have the profile of real sport/race seat but they are much closer to standard comfort car seat that is perfectly fine. The main thing that bug me about those chair are the stupid pillow hanging. This look bad, this look cheap. Main reason why i am not buying those. But i have sat on few of them, some really suck (like some office chair suck) but some are pretty good.
You typically don't really need a headrest for proper posture support unless you have neck or shoulder issues. The headrest exists on cars for safety and in high performance driving to support your head and neck during hard corning so you aren't wasting energy keeping your big floppy head in place, reducing fatigue, and making you a better driver (potentially). So you shouldn't really need a headrest but if you do I would think it would be pretty critical that its adjustable which it never is on gaming chairs. The pillow is the there to compensate for the complete lack of lumbar support that all ergonomic office chairs, its a tacked on after thought and exists because the design is compromised from the start. The seat on this one looks alright and better than a lot of other gaming chairs that are completely flat but thats always the least offensive features of these types of chairs.

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
Because anything that is 100% form over function sucks?

A racing bucket seat which is what these gaming are designed after are designed for doing this.
View attachment 222346
An office/desk/gaming (whatever, is all the same thing) chair is designed for this.

View attachment 222348

They have features intended for completely different use cases. You might be fine using gaming chair if you are fit and don't have any pre-existing issues but that dosen't mean they are poorly designed for their intended purpose.

Way to miss my point entirely:

I mean, I get it already, some people don't like these types of chairs and that's fine. But seriously, enough with the parroting.

In other words, clam up about it already.

You typically don't really need a headrest for proper posture support unless you have neck or shoulder issues. The headrest exists on cars for safety and in high performance driving to support your head and neck during hard corning so you aren't wasting energy keeping your big floppy head in place, reducing fatigue, and making you a better driver (potentially). So you shouldn't really need a headrest but if you do I would think it would be pretty critical that its adjustable which it never is on gaming chairs. The pillow is the there to compensate for the complete lack of lumbar support that all ergonomic office chairs, its a tacked on after thought and exists because the design is compromised from the start. The seat on this one looks alright and better than a lot of other gaming chairs that are completely flat but thats always the least offensive features of these types of chairs.
Depend

When i play with keyboard/mouse i agree with you, i do not need one, but when i play with a controller, i like to have a footrest under my desk and lay back into my cheer to get more comfortable.

System Name Main
Processor R7 5950x
Motherboard MSI x570S Unify-X Max
Cooling D5 clone, 280 rad, two F14 + three F12S bottom/intake, two P14S + F14S (Rad) + two F14 (top)
Memory 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance bdie 3600@CL16 1.35v
Video Card(s) GB 2080S WaterForce WB
Storage six M.2 pcie gen 4
Display(s) Sony 50X90J
Case Tt Level 20 HT
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar AE, modded Sennheiser HD 558, Klipsch 2.1 THX
Power Supply Corsair RMx 750w
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard GSKILL Ripjaws
VR HMD NA
Software win 10 pro x64
Benchmark Scores TimeSpy score Fire Strike Ultra SuperPosition CB20
@Operandi
lol, glad you know what billions of ppl on this planet need/dont need, when sitting down.
you do realize not everyone has the same height/shape/weight, just to name a few things why ppl might like having one.
and no, you dont use headrests for "racing", unless in road legal cars, adjustable to get close to the head while driving,
to prevent whiplash/injuries when getting in a crash, NOT to rest your head, unless you sleep in your car.
they interfere with the SAFETY HELMET, and the main reason proper racing seats are bucket type with u-shaped support. and as you can see, neither adjustable, nor pillow like.
racing seat, while this is used to keep your head fixed, not a head rest.

these are made by "5" plants in asia (and sold by hundreds of brands), for large countries with smaller population, then put online to have a cheap moneymaker.
anyone taller than 6ft/190cm will have a hard time enjoying it, no matter brand or what support/pillows it has,
as none were made for taller folks.