• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Announces Leadership Changes: Gregory Bryant Leaves Intel

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Intel Corporation today announced that Executive Vice President (EVP) Michelle Johnston Holthaus will lead the company's Client Computing Group (CCG). A 25-year Intel veteran, Holthaus brings a deep understanding of Intel's customers and the client computing business based on her current role as EVP and general manager of the Sales, Marketing and Communications Group, a role she has held since 2017, and her previous experience as the head of global client computing sales. Earlier roles in Holthaus' tenure include leadership of the Microsoft global account team; management of channel products; central marketing and operations for the PC client group; and management of the reseller product group. Holthaus joined Intel in 1996.

"Michelle's track record of success driving global sales and revenue for the last five years, combined with her profound understanding of the client computing business and trusted relationships across the entire industry, make her a natural choice to lead our largest business," said Pat Gelsinger, Intel CEO. "Michelle is a proven leader who embodies Intel's values, and I look forward to partnering with her in this new capacity as we drive innovation and unquestioned product leadership across the client business."

In her new role, Holthaus will be responsible for all aspects of running and growing the client business, including strategy, financial performance and product development for the full portfolio of client technologies and platforms designed to enable exceptional personal computing experiences.

"I am thrilled to take on leadership of Intel's Client Computing Group, an organization with immense talent and long history of delivering leadership products and platforms that create vibrant, open ecosystems," Holthaus said. "We have a tremendous opportunity to build on past successes - and even accelerate our pace as we continue to enable our customers and partners to elevate PC experiences."

Holthaus replaces EVP Gregory Bryant ("GB"), who will leave the company at the end of January for a new opportunity. Since joining Intel in 1992, Bryant has held numerous roles, including most recently as general manager of the Client Computing Group and previously as the general manager of Intel's Asia Pacific and Japan region. He led the teams responsible for co-engineering and delivering Intel's leading consumer and commercial PC platforms, including Intel Evo and Intel vPro platforms.

Gelsinger added: "I want to thank GB for his outstanding leadership and 30 years of service at Intel, which has seen five consecutive years of business growth and, most recently, the successful launch of the 12th Gen Intel Core family. We wish him all the best in his next endeavor."

Holthaus will transition to her new role over the coming months as a search for the new leader of Intel's sales, marketing and communications organization is underway.

Intel Names David Zinsner Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Intel Corporation today announced that David Zinsner has been appointed as the company's executive vice president and chief financial officer (CFO), effective Jan. 17, 2022. Zinsner has more than 20 years of financial and operational experience in semiconductors and manufacturing, including most recently as executive vice president and CFO at Micron Technology, Inc.

"Dave is a proven finance leader, who brings a unique combination of strategic thought, deep knowledge of semiconductors and manufacturing, capital allocation discipline, and a track record of value creation for shareholders," said Pat Gelsinger, Intel CEO. "I look forward to partnering with Dave as we continue to execute our strategy to usher in a new era of innovation and achieve our goal of unquestioned leadership in every category in which we compete."

Zinsner will report to Gelsinger and oversee Intel's global finance organization, including finance, accounting and reporting, tax, treasury, internal audit, and investor relations.

"I am excited to join Intel, a company I've long admired with a storied history of innovation and technology leadership," said Zinsner. "Intel's scale, re-invigorated culture and depth of technical talent positions the company to capitalize on the unprecedented demand for semiconductors across the globe. I look forward to working with Pat and the rest of the leadership team to help drive the IDM 2.0 strategy forward and create long-term value for shareholders."

Prior to his role at Micron, Zinsner served as president and chief operating officer at Affirmed Networks. He also served as senior vice president of finance and CFO at Analog Devices and senior vice president and CFO at Intersil Corp. Zinsner holds a master's degree in business administration, finance and accounting from Vanderbilt University and a bachelor's degree in industrial management from Carnegie Mellon University.

As previously announced, current CFO George Davis will retire from Intel in May 2022 and will remain with the company in an advisory role until then to ensure a seamless transition.

Gelsinger added: "On behalf of the Intel team, I want to thank George for his outstanding contributions during a pivotal moment of the company's history. He has been a great leader and colleague, and we are grateful for the integral role he played on our transformation journey. We wish him all the best in his future endeavors."

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Oh great, anutha round of golden parachutes/bonus payouts/severance/retirement packages that WE get to pay for, through even moar higher priced chips..... gee thanks, Pat :(

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
Oh great, anutha round of golden parachutes/bonus payouts/severance/retirement packages that WE get to pay for, through even moar higher priced chips..... gee thanks, Pat :(
I agree - I can see all the back-patting in this, good thing for me is I don't need to buy anything new for sometime to come and it probrably won't be Intel I'd get anyway if I did.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Intel changes "leadership" like they change underpants.

I agree - I can see all the back-patting in this, good thing for me is I don't need to buy anything new for sometime to come and it probrably won't be Intel I'd get anyway if I did.

I wonder if GB will end up going to AMD, Samsung, or one of the other big tech companies... After 30 years, that guy could easily retire and just leave all that corporate nonsense behind.

System Name Nebulon-B Mk. 4
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7800 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
Another Intel leader who's got nothing to do with the technical side of things. Great. :shadedshu: