• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Releases 600-series Motherboard BIOS Updates to Unleash the i9-12900KS

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Intel made great efforts to prove its abilities as a market leader by releasing the latest Intel Core i9-12900KS Processor for Alpha DIY gamers and extreme enthusiasts who seek the best gaming performance. This special edition processor is based on the robust Intel Core i9-12900K architecture, a halo processor with even more performance with increased clock speeds and power limit.

The current MSI 600-series motherboards natively support Intel Core i9-12900KS Processor, but if you want to unleash even more performance, MSI provides the dedicated BIOS for this power-hungry monster. Currently, you can find the dedicated BIOS for selected Z690 motherboards, MSI will release more 600-series motherboards continuously.

It is obvious that long-term extreme frequency is not an easy performance to achieve. To guarantee the maximum performance released, we strongly recommend you choosing the MSI MEG Z690 series motherboards to match the powerful Intel Core i9-12900KS processor. The MEG Z690 series motherboards feature multiple essential factors to unleash the maximum performance - extreme direct power design, excellent heat dissipation, and great overclocking potential.

MSI is committed to delivering gamers and creators the best experiences. This is why BIOS update is always good for most users. For our users, MSI will continue to update the latest news. Please follow MSI officials and check the product pages for BIOS updates.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

MSI is committed to delivering gamers and creators the best experiences. This is why BIOS update is always good for most users.

BIOS updates are in fact, not good for most users.
If everything currently works as expected - BIOS updates can be very disastrous! :- )

Suddenly things that worked, may not work!

And that which the update offers in exchange, may not necessarily be of any use to you.