1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

3 CrossFire MoBo 1155

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by didoop, May 24, 2011.

1. didoop New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi!

I want some advice for motherboard that have enough space between PCI-e for triple CFX. I will use 3x6950 (all twin frozr II, one 6950 TF III unlocked). I mean that cards are two slot and as I can see now with my 1366 board there is NO space between them and when they're right next to each other and upper card got 90 celsius temps (lower 65). So that's why that space (one slot is enough)
    I'm thinking now about ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME - which is probabbly the best in 1155 MoBo market , but there's no space between card 2 and 3 :-/

Thaks

2. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Excuse my question, but why 3 cards?

Most boards have seven slots. With that in mind, what you ask for is near impossible in 1155.

IS what you are after, correct?

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. didoop New Member

Thanks Received:
    Why , I don't know , my father want my Board into his server , so he's going to buy me new board and core i7 2600k it's just , really good processor (with great price/performance).

Anyway, yeah , that's what I'm after, and It's impossible (only that MSI big bang for xxxx$ would be okay).

So , how to cool 3 GPU when they are next to each other (except water cooling) , whitout raising nosie too high ???

BTW I got them now with 2 spaces and it's just even quieter than HD5970 (I mean dual 6950 with TFII) ...

PS: MSI BIG BANG MARSHALL (with 8 slots) cost only 10 euros more than EXTREME IV :)
    PS2: MSI BIG BANG with my setup will only run x16 x1 x1 ...

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  4. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Yes, you mentioned the only real options, board-wise.

Perhaps watercooling videocards shows it's usefulness in this situation?

10 Year Member at TPU