• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

350 watt PSU.

Mr Blonde.

is a 350 watt psu too low for a high end system? i think it is, but dont have any reason to think that, can anyone tell me why?

Processor AMD 5800x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Custom Water Loop
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z neo
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4 NVMEs / SSDs
Display(s) 27" AOC AG271QX
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolve
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster AE-7
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750
Software Windows 10
I'd go with at least a 450 for what you are running. Don't forget tha on most PSU's, when they say "350" thats is the max power it can produce. Most don't even hit that. The more power the better, and you wont get any problems of insufficent power. Go with a OCZ Modstream or Powerstream as they are really powerful and aren't to pricy. Plus when they say 450 or 520 watts and so on, they actually run at that and will have a higher max power when needed.

-Dan

System Name death machine
Processor intel 6600 quad core cooled by scythe mutgen 2
Motherboard dfi lanparty UT P35-T2R
Cooling air
Memory crucial ballistic tracer 4 gb
Video Card(s) nvida 260 gtx
Storage segate baracuta 500 GB , western digital blue 1TB
Display(s) asus 23.6 vh242h
Case lian-li pc-a70 full tower
Power Supply 650 watt Antec Earth Watts
Software windows 7 and lots of other titles
yes i stand with dan he is a good computer guy, and knows what he is talking about.

^DR.Death^

Last edited:

Mr Blonde.

yeh i already knew that i should get one but i was looking for reasons because this guy in work thinks otherwise and i was tryin to convince him, it didnt work though.

Processor AMD 5800x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Custom Water Loop
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z neo
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4 NVMEs / SSDs
Display(s) 27" AOC AG271QX
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolve
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster AE-7
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750
Software Windows 10
350 watt is not very sufficent for a high end system, they are more for the buget system that runs low end components. If your running power stuff, like the 3800+ your getting and a high end video card you will need that extra power. The more power they have, the less work they need to do to run compenents. Most video cards need a least a 300watt psu. The 350 your getting probably produces 350 at peak power. There for it will be pushing to run things and that causes voltage drops and in stability in your power. Its much easier to spend the extra now and get a good PSU instead of having to get one down the road due to power problems. A good PSU is a vital component to a good stable system.

-Dan

Mr Blonde.

thank you, i shall pass on the argument, or just shout at him until he understands. this method of teaching seems to work quite well with most people, lol.
cheers

dave

warluck

hello ,try this link ,gonna give you good a idea on wath you need and think for future update too ,bye
http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/

Just for fun ,my brother in law bought an Enermax 350 watts ok, small list of its components to much remembering everethings ,incredible ,oki lets start .1 :Old but good asus mobo P III 1000 ,2 :4 sdram pc133, 3 : 1 hdd ide , 2dvd writer and 1 cdwriter , 4 : Geforce or tnt2 something 64m , 5: 5 xtra fans with light , 6 : Audigy dont what with all stuff , 7 : Card for raid full 4 sata , 8 : Printer all in one usb , 9 : gamepad midi and usb, 10 : Box with light , wow , anyway i think he got a coffe shop inside too ,loll . All these components run good with a 350 watts Enermax (not a noname ).Take a picture one day .Wish that help ,i read a lot of forum and psu trouble with new mid and high end video card looks popular ;)

Last edited:
Cooling air
thats all funn and games i am runing an intel mobo with a p3 866mhz and a crative sound card and a ati 9250se all on 320 max so beat that

^DR.Death^

Mr Blonde.

DR.Death said:
thats all funn and games i am runing an intel mobo with a p3 866mhz and a crative sound card and a ati 9250se all on 320 max so beat that

^DR.Death^

beat what? what the hell are you 2 on about

Cooling air
never mind

^DR.Death^

warluck

Ho boy , hey just say a good PSU any brand name gonna do the job for a mid and some high end PCs and no need to pay a lot for 600watts, and now good 350 and 400 watts are not expensive (oki not flashy ),that s it , :rolleyes: I think this forum is made to find tips , helps not to prove anything but that :bah ,never mind :D BTW really happy for your 320 watts .And i say like someone i appreciate a lot on this forum who help me for my problem (PSU) keep walking (me : but straight ) :eek:

Last edited: