1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

3D-detection and BF2

Discussion in 'ATITool' started by marceli7, Jun 25, 2006.

1. marceli7 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have strange problem with my new x1900xt (Asus) and ATITool.
    ATIT 3D-Detection changes 2D and 3D profiles without problem when I start some apps like 3DMarks, rthdribl.exe (windowed also!), Riddick and BF Vietnam. But BF2 is a problem. As soon I run this game ATIT goes to 3D profile and stays with it but moment later real core clock drops to strange 399 MHz value (instead dedicated 650). I can see it reading RivaTuner hardware monitoring window. I’ve removed opening movies from BF2 thinking it could help but still no go. Force 3D-Detection in ATIT for BF2 and still the same effect. When I disable 3D-Detection and set 3D profile manually core clock behave like it should and does not drop to 399MHz playing BF2. Any thoughts?

BTW: I can stand ATI “overdrive” thing but I have to use ATITool to bump up fun speed somehow because my temps are to high (near 90C) with default fan speed settings.

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. marceli7 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Am I the only one with this "problem"? :cry:

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. Stinger_PY New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's kind of similar to my problem explained here:
    http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=13397

Read my last post, because it's based on this post of another user of this forum (i forgot the name):
    Just use Catalyst 6.3 until a new version of ATITool comes out.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. marceli7 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank You for replay!
    Strange is that I see it only with BF2. It is not a problem with Riddick intros for ex. I am worry that if it is "inside driver thing" it could stays with us forever. :ohwell: Hope I am wrong.

10 Year Member at TPU