1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

3R System M-Station HT-4000

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    3R System offers a full range of cases and quite a few HTPC variants. The newest such case is the HT-4000, which is a mid tower. This may be quite unusual for high quality HTPC cases, but everything found in such cases can also be found here - including the LCD, card reader and remote control. 3R System has managed to create a great, fully featured, beautiful and rock solid home theater case.

To read this review go to: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/3RSystem/HT-4000/

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2016
    10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    i was excited about this case until i realized it probably gets very hot in there. plus it isnt screwless.

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. Darksaber

Thanks Received:
    Well actually:

1. It does not get hot at all, the two fans do a great job, as does the air duct. The CPU cooler user in this case is a standard one, and we have seen temperature drops of a few degrees after moving the hardware into the new case. Also do not forget, that the air duct can be replaced with a fan!

2. While I agree, that a screw-less system would have been nice, there are certain things to consider:
    • The HDDs need direct and solid contact with the heatsinks, thus a rail system or clip system cannot be used! The implementation for the hard drives is actually one of the best i have ever seen - period.
    • The only place where screw-less may have been a viable options are the two optical drives, but the rails still help when installing them, as they only need to be secured by 4 screws instead of 8 and the plastic should absorb a lot of the vibration.
    • Even though the PCI slots are not using a screw less design, I welcome the traditional implementation of the HT-4000, as this case is very solid, a screwless and thus plastic design would have been ill placed.

I can by all means recommend this case! It is the one and only real mid tower, LCD based HTPC case with the quality I know of.

I hope this helped!
    cheers
    DS

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    wow. thanks for that. so it is being marketed as an HTPC but its a mid tower?

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Darksaber

Thanks Received:
    Exactly :D

cheers
    DS

10 Year Member at TPU