1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

5850 and radeon bios editer

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by derr12, Dec 4, 2009.

1. derr12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    has anyone had any luck changing clocks/fan speeds with the radeon bios editer yet?

2. ShRoOmAlIsTiC

ShRoOmAlIsTiC

Thanks Received:
    ive been wondering that too and if they had anyluck adjusting stock clocks with it.

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. derr12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah, the reason im interested is because im on a dual moniter setup and i got the bug where when non-stock clocks are set the power save mode goes into a clock too low to drive two moniters properly. As a result i get screen tearing. the stopgap was to create a 2d clock profile with stock clocks, but i get screen tearing in game menus still.

so, waiting on a driver fix or an updated bios editer so i can just trick the card into pretending its stock clocks are higher, like a factory overclocked card.

4. Fahim

Thanks Received:
    Its fairly easy, I have done it before to keep my radeon cooler than normal with slight increase in temperatures...

Time to do that again with my 5850....

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. ShRoOmAlIsTiC

ShRoOmAlIsTiC

Thanks Received:
    I braved it and edited my 5850 bios, actually i edited the msi unlock bios to be stock 800/1000 and it worked fine. I didnt mess with fan settings yet, that will be next. I just wish there was voltage settings for 5850. I would like to up the 3d voltage so I can do 900 core without msi afterburner.

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. wolf

wolf Performance Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    very interested in this for my 5870 too