• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

6850 voltage register mod

bmxfelon420

I did a bit of searching on the site as well as google and from what I can gather, I cant change clockspeeds in my HIS 6850's bios using RBE. But from what i can gather in a few other threads, I can increase my voltages via the "GPU Registers" option in RBE. I had a few questions before I try this:

1. Is that the only place I change the voltage? Do I leave all the voltages in the clockspeeds themselves be?
2. Does this require a different hash? Or does that only apply when changing the clockspeed?

I removed my clockspeed limit using Afterburner so i have no issues setting clockspeeds using CCC, i just wanted to bump my voltage up since i'm on water.

EDIT:
Hmm i'm skeptical, i didnt see the CHIL chip on the card when i looked and its also not like this

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/HIS/Radeon_HD_6850/images/front.jpg

It's the same color, and came with that same heatsink, but the vrms didnt have a heatsink on them. If it cant be modded i guess i'm not heartbroken, at 1030/1230 and it seems to be stable so far.

Last edited:

bmxfelon420

Bit of an update, I had to do a repair install the other day and afterwards my clocks werent stable. After checking the profiles.xml that CCC uses, i noticed that profile 3 was only set to 1.1v. Sapphire Trixx let me set it to 1.150. I modified the CCC profile to 1.15 and the previous overclock of 1020/1230 was stable. Another point of interest is that the 1 and 2 profiles were both also set to 1.1v. I backed them down to .95 to match what the bios has listed. Everything is working properly. If anyone has insight on the way this works, i'd appreciate it.