1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

760i or swiftech H20 220

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by lookitznite, Apr 26, 2008.

1. lookitznite New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys I just recently purchassed the 760i like yesterday. I think I made an irrational buy after reading all the recent post. I just want to confirm that everyone thinks the swiftech H20 220 is much better then the BW 760i right ? I'm absolutely new to water cooling and I have been wanting it soo badly. I'm willing to invest $350 or so into it. I really would like to build my own custom WC loop and whatnot. But I figure I start off with a premade kit. So anyways can someone tell me which they think is better? If swiftech H20 220 is better then I better contact them and put in a cancellation lol.

2. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    10 Year Member at TPU
  3. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    definately the swifty over the bigwater760i

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. lookitznite New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks alot for your quick response. I just cancelled the 760i, I will look at your post before I purchased the swiftech. I'm willing to spend the money, I just don't want to break anything in the process :p I'm very new to the WC. But I will check it out now, thank you again for your help :D

5. Megasty New Member

Thanks Received:
    The general consensus around here is that you're just in for trouble if you go for the BW garbage, i.e. failing pumps & cracked rads. Swiftech isn't perfect either as it is prone to leak if the tubing fittings aren't 'latched' all the way. I actually have a H20-220 running on one of my rigs as well as a thermoelectric icer custom system on the rig I use everyday. Neither of witch gave me any problems whatsoever but I've been watercooling for ages now & I even started off with a pre-config kit :D

6. lookitznite New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just cancelled my order for the BW on newegg. I was wondering if someone can help me decide should I get the Swiftech h20 220 or the reserator xt. I know the XT is pretty expensive but I don't mind, I just want to know if its worth it. I really would like to build my own but I think it would be awfully alot of trouble. I know nothing about building them. Even after reading the thread the user post above I'm still quite clueless. So my options now are the swiftech or the zalman reserator xt

7. Grings

Grings

Thanks Received:
    I got the swiftech 220 apex ultra kit rather than the compact, its a kit sure, but uses all good quality parts, and any part can be swapped out independently as with a custom setup,

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    the reserator is not very good at all.

if youre looking specifically for a kit swiftech is pretty much the way to go

10 Year Member at TPU
  9. Megasty New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just what do you want to cool. CPU, GPU, NB, etc. If you're just going for the CPU then you're completely wasting your money on the XT. Just go for the H20-220. It will give you an idea of what good temps are & you can take the money you save from buying the XT & get a custom loop later.

10. lookitznite New Member

Thanks Received:
    I plan on doing the cpu for first step then later on get a gpu as well. I'm about to purchase the H20 220 right now. Was wondering do I need to add anything to my cart before I pay for it ? Like does it come with everything I need? I read somewhere that it said I have to mix 2 liquid or something??

11. lookitznite New Member

Thanks Received:
    Where can I buy the swiftech apex ? Only one on newegg is the 220 one.

12. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    try and get the ULTRA220 kit as it has everything (pump/block) seperate, kit comes with everything except distilled which you will have to mix with the supplied HYDRX

have a look in my sig and check the link ATIDOM gave ya ;)

10 Year Member at TPU
  13. lookitznite New Member

Thanks Received:
    So Don't get the apex 220 but get the apex ultra 220 right? Also where Can I get it? And is there a way I don't have to mix liquids?

14. lookitznite New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ive pretty much went to d-tek / frozencpu / tetras. All the good stuff were sold out. I had planned on building my own loop on my first water cooling but I got soo frustrated and just gave up, now I just want to get a kit.

15. Megasty New Member

Thanks Received:
    The cheapest you can find it is here: http://www.jab-tech.com/product.php?productid=3198

I wouldn't recommend buying pre-mixed stuff. All you have to do is mix the HYDRX with a half liter of distilled water that you can buy from any store. Distilled water is by far the best liquid for WC.

16. lookitznite New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow $220 thats soo doable!! Ok, I'm filling out the order form now. Just want to make sure again this is a good product right? Easy to install, Take note that I'm completely new to Water cooling..

17. lookitznite New Member

Thanks Received:
    Also another note, is there anything additional that you would suggest me to add to my cart while I'm at that site?

18. lookitznite New Member

Thanks Received:
    Congratulations ! Your order has been successfully placed.

Thank you for your using our store. An order notification has been sent to your e-mail address , if you did not receive an email notification please check any filters, spam settings and that you correctly entered your email address.

Alright thanks for everything man, I greatly appreciate your help. When I recieve the product I will definitely message you. I was wondering if perhaps if we can live chat on aim or msn . I could definitely have the sense of security of someone that knows what they are doing to help me. Thank you again for everything. I'm glad I met you guys and that I cancelled my Thermatake 760i BW kit.

19. Megasty New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nope, that's the beauty of a 'kit' like that. Its basically a starter custom loop that comes with everything plus it can accommodate additions as necessary in a custom loop :toast:

20. lookitznite New Member

Thanks Received:
    Its all purchased and ordered. I hope it comes withing the same time I bought my other parts from new egg. I bought some ram / vid card / psu / and the thermal compound. I recently bought an asus mobo there as well as the q6600, those 2 are sitting on my desk, just waiting to get all the parts to come in and put it together. I'm very excited and very nervous, tryin to not kill the system lol with the WC. So all I need to get is to buy the distilled water right? I appreciate the help!