• We've upgraded our forums. Please post any issues/requests in this thread.

9700NP Softmodded to 9700PRO... How do you Make Core & Mem Speeds Permanent?

I really need help, I saw somewhere quite a while ago that you could change the Memory and Core Speeds with a software and make them permanent.. Right now I've got a 9700NP @ 9700PRO, at least thats what i was told from previous owner, and of course Windows Detects it as a 9700PRO, but the thing is the stock speeds are 275/270, Im Currently Running Stock 9700PRO Speeds 325/310, No artifacts at all i was able to go quite a bit higher.. But What i really want is those speeds to be permanent, in other words I dont want to have to set them again using a software..Basically I want this to be a 9700PRO.. Any Ideas?

Please let me know Thanks! Will Appreciate it greatly! :D

Vasot

formalentity said:
I really need help, I saw somewhere quite a while ago that you could change the Memory and Core Speeds with a software and make them permanent.. :D
Not with a Software exactly...
with a Bios modification but it's more risky from using a OC tool

Nothing is guaranteed
There is a chance that you may damage your card permantly

I still suggest you of using a OC tool instead of tweaking your Cards bios

System Name MIGHTYNITO | MIGHTY_MINI
Processor Intel Core i5 3570K | Intel Core i3 3220
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe | Gigabyte H77N-WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool Gamer Storm Gabriel | Intel Stock HSF
Memory Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866 8GB (4x2) | G.Skill Ares 1600 8GB (4x2)
Video Card(s) Zotac GT 640 Synergy Edition | Palit GeForce GT 640
Storage Intel 330 180GB + WD Scorpio Blue 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 500GB
Display(s) Samsung P2250 | Samsung S19A100N
Case Jonsbo U1 | Coolermaster Elite 120
Audio Device(s) On-Board Realtek ALC898 + Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 | On-Board Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Silverstone ST45SF-G | Silverstone ST50F-ES
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP1
Vasot said:
Not with a Software exactly...
with a Bios modification but it's more risky from using a OC tool

Nothing is guaranteed
There is a chance that you may damage your card permantly

I still suggest you of using a OC tool instead of tweaking your Cards bios
yeah i agree, just use an OC tool... usually it reverts back to stock speed upon restart... but i think ATITool has an option to load a certain profile upon start up? did not try it though because i prefer to be in total control and OC only when i want to(i.e. playing games)...

Alright Thank you for Feedback I will just use an OC software.. using ati tool right now and it works great^^ Thanks again! :D

ViperJohn

Radeon Mod God
formalentity said:
I really need help, I saw somewhere quite a while ago that you could change the Memory and Core Speeds with a software and make them permanent.. Right now I've got a 9700NP @ 9700PRO, at least thats what i was told from previous owner, and of course Windows Detects it as a 9700PRO, but the thing is the stock speeds are 275/270, Im Currently Running Stock 9700PRO Speeds 325/310, No artifacts at all i was able to go quite a bit higher.. But What i really want is those speeds to be permanent, in other words I dont want to have to set them again using a software..Basically I want this to be a 9700PRO.. Any Ideas?

Please let me know Thanks! Will Appreciate it greatly! :D
Use ATIflash to save the bios from the card. Use RadEdit 1.1D to Edit the bios clocks of the saved bios then save it and flash the card with it.

Viper