• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

9800SE HardMod To PRO tips

Denzil

I used the search option and read a lot of threads and guides on modding SE2PRO but still got some "general" questions which I hope you can all easily answer:)
First of all, I have Club3D 9800SE softmodded to PRO and it's working fine..no artifacts whatsoever. There's been a couple of game crashes which required a cold restart but I can't directly connect it to my softmod.. should I worry about this?
Is there a "suggested" time period in which I should use only softmod before proceding to hardmod..in case of errors and better testing of mod compatibility??
Anyway, I'm planning to hardmod it but I wanna know everything there is to know about it first..I'm waiting for my spare PCI vga card to arrive so can't mod it right now. So I was wondering, how often happens that flashing "goes wrong" and I have to use a PCI card to restore the BIOS to the "working version"?? And ih that actually happens, is it possible that I won't be able to restore my BIOS and lose my card for good? Cause that's my worst fear, everything else is bearable..
And I was thinking of editing PRO BIOS a bit just to increase my clocks to 400/350..it wouldn't effect my temp and it would be a small performance boost.. BTW, I'm cooling it with Zalman's ZM80D-HP passive cooler with the side fan attached..and ANOTHER fan on the side of my case is blowin fresh air directly at it so the card is cold enough at all times..
And one of bigger questions, when I finally mod the card: short circuit the resistor and flash the BIOS, in case of an error, and in case I realize that hardmod isn't working and I have to go back to softmod or no mod at all.. is it possible to "inverse" the procedure?
That all for now.. hope you aren't sick of questions about modding 9800SE..and thanks for posting in advance.. :toast:

Denzil

Wow, I find this very interesting.. nobody can type a single word. BEST forum I EVER joined!
What, everybody's preoccupied with their X800 or someting to help out a loser who just NOW got a 9800?!?
gRRRReat :)

SupperAssBASS

Processor Q6600@3.2 1.3v
Motherboard Asus P5K
Cooling Scythe Mugen 2
Memory 2x2GB Kingston HyperX 1066Mhz
Video Card(s) Palit 4850 Sonic 1GB
Storage 640GB WD Blue + 1TB WD Green
Display(s) SAMSUNG 21" 1100p+ CRT :-D
Case Custom with 5 fans
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Chieftech 450W
Software ...

Denzil

Well thanks for the effort, my national friend :), but I knew that already and that doesn't answer ANY of my questins from the first post. Besides, those pictures aren't very "revealing"..a few more pics from different cornesrs/perspectives could be very useful...

Denzil

Just wanna check something, I finally got a PCI video card for backup, removed cooler from a memory chip, and read the specifications..they are as follows:
HYSDU283222
AF-28 340A
KOR 7L4389SC

I didn't manage to find manufacturer specifications on this chip but according to OTHER chips I found, and some logical sense :), I think this is 2.8ns memory.

So, is there a list of somekind where I can check this out to be 100% sure or is this enough?