• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

A+ Case Twin Engine / XCLIO A380

pt

not a suicide-bomber
Processor AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-60 (Trinidad)
Motherboard ASUS F3Ka (ATI RS690M)
Cooling stock
Memory Nanya 2x1GB ddr2 667@5-5-5-15-2T
Video Card(s) ATI Mobility Radeon HD2600 512MB DDR2@ 580mhz/486mhz
Storage 160GB on laptop+250GB external
Display(s) ASUS 15.4
Case Asus Laptop F3Ka chassis
Audio Device(s) on-board
Power Supply 1:30minutes battery
Software "genui xp", 'cause i hated vista
i dont like it,look at this pic,were are the holes for the airflow from the front fan?

that thing is :nutkick: the airflow
my aeroengine 140mm fan has nothing on front or rear of it, so i can have the max cooling of it:)

Sky

Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 OC 3.0GHz
Motherboard Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe
Cooling [CPU]Thermaltake Slient 775D, [GPU]Custom Watercooled
Memory OCZ DDR2 800 2x1GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX
Storage 250GB Seagate, 80GB IBM
Display(s) Samsung 19" Widescreen @ 1440x900
Case Xcilo A380
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Audigy SE
Power Supply OCZ GameXStream 700W SLI Certified
Software Windows XP Pro SP2, Windows Vista Business
will i be able to pop the front open so i can slip in a piece of filter material?

Kazan

Does anyone know what the max clearance from a motherboard to the side fan is? I would like to pair this case with one of the new Zalman 9700's, but it is 142mm high. I have heard that the side fan obstructs a cooler that is 150mm high, but I have hopes that I might squeak in just under the threshold. Can anyone clarify?

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
Does anyone know what the max clearance from a motherboard to the side fan is? I would like to pair this case with one of the new Zalman 9700's, but it is 142mm high. I have heard that the side fan obstructs a cooler that is 150mm high, but I have hopes that I might squeak in just under the threshold. Can anyone clarify?

Well that is going to be a tight fit, but it should fit...As it has a 12CM fan in the back. But the side fan is at least 2.5cm deep. tight, very tight...

cheers
DS

Kazan

Thanks Darksaber, I really appreciate the help!

I think I just might have to be optimistic and try the combo out. If it doesn't fit, well, I guess I'll also get to try out NewEgg's return & refund policy as well. Here's hoping ...

Sky

Case Xcilo A380
please give some feedback when you do. i also want to see if it fits. thanks.

Processor Intel Q9400
Motherboard asus p5q-pro
Cooling Ultra120
Memory 6GB ddr2
Video Card(s) NVS 290
Storage 3TB + 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung F2380
Case Silverstone Fortress FT02B
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi
Power Supply 750W PC P&C
Software win 7 ultimate 64bit
OMG!!! is it really weight 11.7kg??? how can it be that much? i would have to drag it on the floor and ask someone to help me to put it on the table. :)

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
OMG!!! is it really weight 11.7kg??? how can it be that much? i would have to drag it on the floor and ask someone to help me to put it on the table. :)

yea it is made of steel and a full tower. Thus the heavy weight. This is quite normal for big towers which are made of that material.

penguin

Processor pentium 4 s478 3.2ghz 800fsb 512k cache ht
Motherboard mb820 industrial board
Cooling Heatsink
Memory 2x 256mb dual channel ram pc3200
Video Card(s) geforce nividia 6200 agp 256mb custom cooling
Storage ide 40gb seagate,80gb maxtor
Display(s) flatscreen 21.6" hd ready lcd tv.
Case Shoebox case
Audio Device(s) onbord 5.1
Power Supply antec 400w
Software Windows xp home edition
yes there no holes for the air fly thats bad!

Sky

Case Xcilo A380
there are holes for the air flow. i got the case for awhile now. and to answer my own question, yeh i can place a filter in the front ><

Processor Q6600 G0 @ 3.2Ghz
Motherboard Asus p5k-Premium/Black Pearl
Cooling Luna Block, 240mm rad
Memory Patriot Extreme PC2-6400 2x2GB
Video Card(s) Saphire 5850 1GB
Storage 60GB SSD + 2x500GB/1TB/2TB
Display(s) Samsung 226BW and 50" Panasonic S2
Case Silverstone TJ-09
Audio Device(s) X-fi Prelude
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy Dxx 850watt
Software Windows7 32Bit
Benchmark Scores Super Pi 1M 14.333
will i be able to pop the front open so i can slip in a piece of filter material?
yep you can unclip the platic latches holding the front panel on to acess the front fan; my case does the same thing.

The thing about the blocked airway on a case like this and mine is that its just too cool the hds.. the side fan is what really blows air into the case to cool things down, it blows right onto the mobo and graphics card. I cant complain about airflow with my case it keeps everything cool... especially since I got rid of the stock 1100rpm 120mm fans, and put antec ones in... the stock front fan dident do much.

On med front fan setting theres a good breeze going over the hd's that I can feel trough the holes on the other end where my mobo sits so its no problem for me... it does restrict airflow a bit, but air still gets in to cool my hd's. (my case has the same front fan and hd cage setup)

Sky

Case Xcilo A380
anyone that has this case ever tried hiding your cables? its quite difficult for me atm. i dont really want to cut holes out.

djus

Hey hello i find this post on some other forum. So i'm wondering is this true. Can anybody who has tthis case verify that. Can you turn of the LED lights and do the fans then work ??

"hi...I have this chase and it's cool..but there si one problem

if we take side 250mm fan as a example...you have two cables...one is molex and the other one is 3pin connector...if you connect only 3pin connector to tke 5/7/12V your computer will NOT start and if you connect only molex connectors LED will shine and fan will just stand still...

what I'm trying to say...it is not posible to turn off the LED..and that is a problem..

maybe somebody know the way to turn off this LED....?"

Another thing is what i'm wondering is there any chance to find out how powerful are this two 25cm fans. Does anyone know what these are rated for? Will there be able to push much air out. Are there any test on the net. Does anybody know ?

And the last thing i won't to know is how loud are the fans ? Is there any video on the net with this case running so you can hear how load are the fans?

Thanks

Anunnaki

Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.13 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
Cooling Zalman 9500A
Memory 4 GB Mushkin DDR2 1066
Video Card(s) GeForce 8800 GTS Superclocked
Storage 2x Western Digital 250GB 7200RPM
Display(s) LG L206W 20.1'' LCD
Case XCLIO A380 Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Power Supply Thermaltake 700W
Software Windows Vista Home Premium
Hey hello i find this post on some other forum. So i'm wondering is this true. Can anybody who has tthis case verify that. Can you turn of the LED lights and do the fans then work ??

"hi...I have this chase and it's cool..but there si one problem

if we take side 250mm fan as a example...you have two cables...one is molex and the other one is 3pin connector...if you connect only 3pin connector to tke 5/7/12V your computer will NOT start and if you connect only molex connectors LED will shine and fan will just stand still...

what I'm trying to say...it is not posible to turn off the LED..and that is a problem..

maybe somebody know the way to turn off this LED....?"

Another thing is what i'm wondering is there any chance to find out how powerful are this two 25cm fans. Does anyone know what these are rated for? Will there be able to push much air out. Are there any test on the net. Does anybody know ?

And the last thing i won't to know is how loud are the fans ? Is there any video on the net with this case running so you can hear how load are the fans?

Thanks

Yes, I can confirm that. I accidentally left the front fan's LED unplugged and when I tried to turn it on, not only did it short out and turn back off, it fried something on my mobo. I didn't think the unplugged cord had anything to do with it, but now that I read another account of that happening, I don't think it's a coincidence.

My case was probably just a fluke, but yes, I can confirm that leaving the LED unplugged causes problems, 'cause after my mobo fried, I checked all my cords; everything was plugged in correctly except the front fan's LED. I plugged it back in, and whala, it stayed on, nothing burned, fans were working, etc. Although, I now couldn't get any video.

Although, I'm positive that as long as you leave everything plugged in, you should have no problems.

Another problem with this case, though, is that--for me at least--the first time I turned on the computer, the front fan's guard was stopping the fan from moving. It was scraping along the edges of the inside of the guard. And now, as a result, all my fan's blades' tips are scratched, and some have fragments chipped off--although, that is partly my fault for taking too long to turn it off. They're not noticeable unless you really look at them, though, so it's no big deal. It's a fairly easy fix, though; I just unscrewed the fan, took out the guard, put the fan back in. And, if you wish, you can bend the edges all the way down and stick the guard in the front. It'll stay there like that, but it'll be loose, so if you want it to be firmly on there, you'll need to attach it with something.

All this said, I think it's a fairly decent case. Lots of airflow, plenty of room to work with, and I love the tool-less design. However, if you're not willing to do some minor modding, or have the front LED on, I'd suggest a different case.

scarslilpyro

This case don't do nothing for me. Taste is subjective but to me this thing is really UGLY and over-priced. With the fastest CPUs and 15,000 RPM drives I've never had any fan noise or cooling issues even with highly overclocked CPUs. If you like it buy it, but I wouldn't allow something that looks like that in my home or office.

It's a LAN party case, not a home or office case...

Processor Intel Q9400
Motherboard asus p5q-pro
Cooling Ultra120
Memory 6GB ddr2
Video Card(s) NVS 290
Storage 3TB + 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung F2380
Case Silverstone Fortress FT02B
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi
Power Supply 750W PC P&C
Software win 7 ultimate 64bit
It's a LAN party case, not a home or office case...

Sure... if you are hosting the party, because carrying that thing will not be easy.
but i would take it as a home PC, for looks and cooling :)

jjmaia

Hi there.

I'm buying a new PC, and i didn't know which case to buy.

I've sow the case in a online shop, i i liked it. I've searched for it, and i sow this review.

I have no more doubt's, this case is for me. A little to big, but besides that, is perfect. It just have one defect. The side fan. Since i'm going to use WC, i would like to see the interior of the box, but if i get the fan out, i'm not going to see it tha same.

I want to thank you for the review. :)

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard Asrock Taichi X370
Cooling NH-C14, with the AM4 mounting kit
Memory G.Skill Kit 16GB DDR4 F4 - 3200 C16D - 16 GTZB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 OC 4 GB
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 850M 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
Software Ubuntu 19.04 LTS
Just got this case: FINALLY!!!

One thing though: it doesn't have a speaker? When the PC starts, there's no beep or beeps and i find this disturbing ...

Does anyone know hot to enable the beeps again via the sound card?

It lowered my HDDs temps by a whopping 8º, my motherboard temps by 5º and my CPU temps by 2º: i'm ok with that ...

EDIT

Nevermind about the speaker: there was a small black thingy that was supposed to be attached to where the speaker is but i hadn't seen it. Works now.

Last edited:

B@!L3

Rightio, drunken andry posting is bad, my apologies. 13kg isn't that heavy, my current case weighs 24kg. And you're right, i'm unlikely to post more than two posts here. I do still however apologise for junking your forums up with nonsense.
EDIT

Oh, and reviews/temp performance?

http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/xclio_A380_super_tower_atx_case/index8.php

And those temps apparently are without them removing that oh so dreaded drive holder bollocks under the hdd bay by those scary 2/4 screws. Pretty comical, a huge cry about something that takes 2 secs to remove, and you want more airflow dremil/tin snip the hole to make a bigger opening. Right on with the rear fan tho, get that S flow goin.

Go aussies, and go Obama.

Last edited:

pt

not a suicide-bomber
Processor AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-60 (Trinidad)
Motherboard ASUS F3Ka (ATI RS690M)
Cooling stock
Memory Nanya 2x1GB ddr2 667@5-5-5-15-2T
Video Card(s) ATI Mobility Radeon HD2600 512MB DDR2@ 580mhz/486mhz
Storage 160GB on laptop+250GB external
Display(s) ASUS 15.4
Case Asus Laptop F3Ka chassis
Audio Device(s) on-board
Power Supply 1:30minutes battery
Software "genui xp", 'cause i hated vista
omg, emo raged swearing thread necromanncer, call the mods, quick!

D

Deleted member 24505

I cant really see him making a ten post count.We dont need posts like that on tpu really.