• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

A-DATA Turbo Series 120x CompactFlash Card Delivers Great Performance

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer

A-DATA Technology Co., Ltd., the global leader in memory products, just released the Turbo Series 120x CompactFlash card that offers outstanding Windows Vista ReadyBoost support. The Turbo Series 120x CompactFlash card comes in 512MB, 1GB, 2GB, 4GB and 8GB sizes to provide plenty of memory space to store big files and images. This product launch demonstrates how this card's superior performance is opening new types of application support.

CompactFlash cards have long been a mainstay in the flash card market and are well known for dependability and large storage capacities. Although there are many new types of flash cards with smaller sizes, CompactFlash cards hold a strong position for high capacity and superior performance flash storage. CompactFlash cards are used in numerous types of Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR) cameras as well as industrial PC applications.

Following the earlier launch of the Professional Series PD7 Turbo Speed USB 2.0 Flash Disk certified to support the Windows Vista ReadyBoost function, the Turbo Series 120x CompactFlash card also supports ReadyBoost. This card passes the same rigorous quality and testing, and features a high-speed design that has been engineered to give users another perfect solution to speed up computer performance by utilizing the Windows Vista ReadyBoost function. When combined with A-DATA's 52-in-1 card reader, the Turbo Series 120x CompactFlash card becomes the best and easiest way to use the ReadyBoost function to speed up Desktop and Notebook performance, extend HDD life, and even extend a notebook computer's battery life.

For professional photographers using DSLR cameras, the A-DATA Turbo Series 120x CompactFlash card offers fast read/write speeds and large capacities that support the fast, continuous high-speed shooting they need to capture that perfect shot. Not only does the A-DATA Turbo Series 120x CompactFlash card meet the needs of professionals, it also satisfies Vista PC users as well. One card with two uses doubles the fun.

As the biggest supplier of flash solutions in Asia, A-DATA continuously launches the most advanced and value-adding products that match customers' needs. The new Turbo Series 120x CompactFlash card lets users experience Window Vista at its best.

*Benefit of Windows ReadyBoost:
"Windows ReadyBoost" is a technology built into Windows Vista that caches disk reads onto a flash memory device. Once activating this feature, Windows Vista will create a readyboost.sfcache file on the flash memory device. ReadyBoost does not cache file writes-it is a write-through cache. Windows ReadyBoost can improve system performance because it can retrieve data kept on the flash memory (a USB drive, SD Card, Compact Flash, or other flash memory device) faster than it can retrieve data kept on the hard disk drive (HDD), decreasing the time you need to wait for your PC to respond. Combined with Window SuperFetch technology, this can help drive impressive improvements in system responsiveness. The Windows ReadyBoost Technology will speed up system performance, reduce HDD Read/Write times to increase HDD life, and save power for notebooks using a battery, with Windows Vista certified devices.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

OnBoard

Processor Core i5-750 @ 3.6GHz 1.136V 24/7
Motherboard Gigabyte P55A-UD3, SATA 6Gbit/s & USB3.0 baby!
Cooling Alpenföhn Brocken HeatpipeDirectTouch
Memory Geil Ultra Series 4GB 2133MHz DDR3 @ 1440MHz 7-7-7-24
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB OC (mostly stock speeds)
Storage OS: Samsung F3 500GB Games: Samsung F1 640GB
Display(s) new! Samsung P2350 23" FullHD 2ms / Mirai DTL-632E500 32" LCD
Case new! Xigmatek Midgard/Utgard side window with red cathodes, 1x140mm & 3x120mm fans
Audio Device(s) new! ASUS Xonar DG & JVC HA-RX700 headphones
Power Supply Cougar CM 700W Modular
Software Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Benchmark Scores Logitech UltraX Premium & G5 laser v2 + Ulti-mat Breathe X2 for fragging
Was going to say "not again some stupid vista ready product, that has no advantage compared to previous non-vista ready ones" but read that bottom part, maybe it could work for a while. Not like flash memories are ment for constant writing, you still need a reader and so much data passing through usb makes me wonder what does it do for stability/performance. Then again if it's not used for gaming, just for boosting photoshop or firefox (crazy slow starter if it's minimized, I want to kill FF every time I try to mazimize it again) then it could work for a long time, but kinda useless.

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
Was going to say "not again some stupid vista ready product, that has no advantage compared to previous non-vista ready ones" but read that bottom part, maybe it could work for a while. Not like flash memories are ment for constant writing, you still need a reader and so much data passing through usb makes me wonder what does it do for stability/performance. Then again if it's not used for gaming, just for boosting photoshop or firefox (crazy slow starter if it's minimized, I want to kill FF every time I try to mazimize it again) then it could work for a long time, but kinda useless.

Get used to the idea of Vista related products. From now on everything will be Vista, SLI, Crossfire etc. ready...I can't stop posting news because of that. ;)

OnBoard

Processor Core i5-750 @ 3.6GHz 1.136V 24/7
Motherboard Gigabyte P55A-UD3, SATA 6Gbit/s & USB3.0 baby!
Cooling Alpenföhn Brocken HeatpipeDirectTouch
Memory Geil Ultra Series 4GB 2133MHz DDR3 @ 1440MHz 7-7-7-24
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB OC (mostly stock speeds)
Storage OS: Samsung F3 500GB Games: Samsung F1 640GB
Display(s) new! Samsung P2350 23" FullHD 2ms / Mirai DTL-632E500 32" LCD
Case new! Xigmatek Midgard/Utgard side window with red cathodes, 1x140mm & 3x120mm fans
Audio Device(s) new! ASUS Xonar DG & JVC HA-RX700 headphones
Power Supply Cougar CM 700W Modular
Software Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Benchmark Scores Logitech UltraX Premium & G5 laser v2 + Ulti-mat Breathe X2 for fragging
News are always good, keep posting ;) I'd maybe just like to first get Vista on the market and the Vista Ready stuff :p Or maybe they are for customers that can't yet buy the real stuff, so they get these to ease the waiting pain :)

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Nice. Good to know If I have an LCD tv that takes flash memory cards I can put two DVD movies on it and watch it from there :)

-The Eagle