• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

A Memorial to Kreij - Gone 9 years but never forgotten- check out the latest build(s)

Will you be donating and/or opting in to win the Kreij Cancer Curing PC?

• Total voters
System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Samsung Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Home 64
I just stopped by to share some new, should anyone care for a follow up on my dad and his stage 2 colon cancer surgery.

Surgery was two Thursdays ago. No complications. 4 hours on the table. The surgery was scheduled to be about 2.5 hours, but due to the advanced nature of his cancer they did extra scrapings around many of the major organs and tissue to see how much the cancer has spread. All the testing had come back yesterday evening and he found out that the given 87% chance the cancer spread and how they had been prepping him for 4-7 years even after the surgery and possible chemo, there was 0 signs that the cancer spread at all and right now he's in the clear as being cancer free. So, yeah!

I haven't see @Norton around for a bit so hopefully all is well with him.

Perhaps we can look into doing something for this occasion - perhaps if @BarbaricSoul finds time he might be able to piece together that retro PC build to see how it all works out and we could look into doing that for a giveaway. I know Norton generally heads things up here, but with his absence it would be nice to do something. Just an idea.

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
Glad to hear he is on the path to recovery

System Name Barb's Domain
Processor i9 10850k 5.1GHz all cores
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool Assassin III
Memory 2*16gig Corsair LPX DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 FE
Storage 500gb Samsung 980 Pro M2 SSD, 500GB WD Blue SATA SSD, 2TB Seagate Hybrid SSHD
Display(s) Dell - S3222DGM 32" 2k Curved/ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K (ran at 2k), Sanyo 75" 4k TV
Case SilverStone Fortress FT04
Audio Device(s) Bose Companion II speakers, Corsair - HS70 PRO headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x (2021)
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech Orion Spectrum G910
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/34962882
I just stopped by to share some new, should anyone care for a follow up on my dad and his stage 2 colon cancer surgery.

Surgery was two Thursdays ago. No complications. 4 hours on the table. The surgery was scheduled to be about 2.5 hours, but due to the advanced nature of his cancer they did extra scrapings around many of the major organs and tissue to see how much the cancer has spread. All the testing had come back yesterday evening and he found out that the given 87% chance the cancer spread and how they had been prepping him for 4-7 years even after the surgery and possible chemo, there was 0 signs that the cancer spread at all and right now he's in the clear as being cancer free. So, yeah!

Perhaps we can look into doing something for this occasion - perhaps if @BarbaricSoul finds time he might be able to piece together that retro PC build to see how it all works out and we could look into doing that for a giveaway. I know Norton generally heads things up here, but with his absence it would be nice to do something. Just an idea.

That's great news about your dad.

I'll put it together this weekend. It's just been sitting here collecting dust waiting for someone to organize a giveaway.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
Well guys, I would like to try and do something for this amazing forum and amazing cause that quite a number of us at TPU do every day :) I'd like to start or do my own TPU Giveaway in memory for Kreij :)

Now I haven't seen much of @Norton at all these past few months but he's still been crunching away regardless of whatever is going on with him (I hope you and the family ok man!! :) ) so I've been helping a little and doing the reports on the FAH and WCG crunching that TPU do... I hope with some success :)

Since being back on TPU a lot more, more specifically when I got into IT back in September 2017, I've been extremely lucky with certain things and one of those things are hardware.

Back a few weeks or so, I posted a pic of all the servers I had managed to bring home (A few servers at home) as they have been taken out and set to go to the recycling heaven of PC Hardware.. I thought somehow I'd be able to use them so I brought them home..
Long story short, with this I'd like to do a giveaway with some of the units for now I've been so very lucky to have been allowed to bring back.

Apologies in advance as these are not 28 core Xeon's that we see today, most of what I've had have been quad core and quad core with HT but I hoped it might be a bit of a start for a big giveaway.

Without further ado, here's the goodies ......

View attachment 123764

What I have here are 4 servers (for the moment) that I do not require or need, so I'd like to do something good with them and that's help with crunching for cancer or folding for cancer (to be honest, better off with a GPU for that really....)
Over time I've lost family to cancer and friends and I'm sure many of us have had effects from cancer in some way, maybe not directly but it's effected you or family or friends in ways.. So now's your chance to do a little something about it :)

As you can hopefully read from my rather poor handwriting, there's the specs of the servers, as I said nothing amazing but it'll crunch maybe not as fast or as efficiency as a lot of kit now will do but it will still work which is more important in my book.
When I first started in IT I was able to bring some kit home and I've learnt a lot from it, so with the few here, I'd like for someone else to learn a bit from it as well and hopefully crunch away too :)

With the servers, they have had little to not much in them, so with a few bits and pieces I've rescued and had, I've been able to give them a little bit of an upgrade and hopefully make them a little more usable for people :) I've managed to get a few spares for some R710 servers (2U monsters - maybe another giveaway?? :)) as below -

View attachment 123773

And with a bit of spare RAM I've got...

View attachment 123774

As you can see from the sticks on the top, only 1Gb, so they had to go :D

For the Fans, Heatsinks and HD cages required - see below
Heatsink ( https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dell-Pow...265263?hash=item3b2dc9b8ef:g:SVkAAOSwUPpckl9B )

View attachment 123769

Fan ( https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dell-Pow...405063?hash=item4b635a3b87:g:ZyoAAOSwrdlcqh75 )

View attachment 123770

HD Cage - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-Dell...841806?hash=item3aeff3e58e:g:FqUAAOSw49lZt3Xh

I'll confirm with a pic and a part code :)

So here's the 4 specs here :)

1 -
HP DL380 G7 - No CPUs yet (I'll try and put something in), 24Gb of ram (6 x 2Gb sticks of Samsung 10600 and 6 x 2Gb sticks of MT ram 10600 as well), comes with dual 460w PSUs, 6 fans, 2 heatsinks and 8 2.5" drive cages which will work with the raid card in the server - This is a 2U server, I've no rails for this if required (sorry :()

2 -
Dell R610 - 1 x Xeon E5520 (I'll see if I can find another one and heatsink), 24Gb of ram ( 6 x 2Gb sticks of Samsung 8500 and 6 x 2Gb sticks of Hynix 8500), comes with dual 717w Gold 80 plus PSUs, 5 fans, a single heatsink (as it's only a single CPU) and 2 2.5" cages which will work with the Perc raid card - I have a spare set of rails for this one

3 -
Dell R610 - 1 x Xeon E5303 (again, I'll try to grab another and heatsink) 24Gb of ram 12 x 2Gb sticks of Samsung (I think didn't write it down!! :banghead:) comes with dual 717w PSUs (I'll confirm silver or gold standard), 5 fans, 1 heatsink (as it's only a single CPU) and 2 2.5" cages which will work with the Perc raid card - I have a spare set of rails for this one

4 -
Dell R610 - E5620 (sadly only a single but I'll do my best) 24Gb of ram, 12 x 2Gb sticks of Samsung 10600 ram, comes with dual 717w PSUs (Silver 80 Plus) 5 fans, a single heatsink and 2 2.5" cages which will work with the Perc raid card - I have a spare set of rails for this one

Here's a pic of the insides of one of the R610's after the upgrade -

View attachment 123768

I'm not sure how @Norton did this in the past but as these beasts are rather heavy, sadly I'm not sure if shipping them will be of much good (UK to US will possibly cost as much as flying a private jet across) and it will probably cost as much as the server is worth so, I'd like to offer these to anyone who would like one in the UK.
I will be prepared to drive and meet within reason. I do have a lot of driving to do when I do get chance to see my first daughter Isabelle, so if you would like to meet around Junction 9 on the M5 or up near around Telford ish (M54 or surrounding areas) we can discuss more in PM should you be interested :)

Depending on how this give away goes, I do have a few more servers I'd love to give away (some of the beefier R710's) to anyone who would like them, all I ask of anyone wishing to have one is that they join or add this to their fleet for what they use for World Grid Community crunching for TPU... If you only use it a few hours a day or run it 24/7 that would be down to you :) I'm not wishing anyone to become bankrupt trying to run these things for the team!! Your support is all I'm asking for :)

So without any more typing and drivel coming out of me, I'll hand it over to anyone who's managed to get to the bottom of this post (hats off to you!! :laugh: :laugh:) and see how this giveaway goes....
:lovetpu::lovetpu::peace::peace::toast::toast:

I've not forgotten about this guys, I just need to try and get them weighed somehow to find out how much they'll be to post and figure out a way of sending them :laugh: Few life issues happening as always but I promise to get my arse in gear and get them sorted out before end of the month :)

System Name Graphics Card Free...
Processor Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX Wifi
Cooling Cryorig M9a w/ BeQuiet! PureWings 2 ~ 92mm
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200 ~ 16GB(2x8GB)
Storage Samsung EVO 870 SSD - 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2
Case Cardboard...
Power Supply eVGA SuperNova 550w G3
Mouse Logitech t400 Zone Touch Mouse
Keyboard IBM Model "M" Keyboard
Software Manjaro ~ KDE Plasma
Benchmark Scores She's a Runner!

Spoke with Norton today, he sounds as though he's doing well and said everyone should be hearing from him "hopefully" by the end of the week.

Was glad to hear about your father's test coming back positive. We're dealing with cancer(yet again) here on the home front as well. I'm afraid the prognosis isn't as positive. Stage 4...spread from the back to the brain, lungs, liver, lymph nodes etc...

Since May of 2018...it's been nothing short of a living hell around here.

Best Regards,

Liquid Cool

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk ATX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
Memory VENGEANCE LPX 2 x 16GB DDR4-3600 C18 OCed 3800
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT CORE Gaming
Storage 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500 GB, 870 QVO 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung 28” 4K monitor
Case Phantek Eclipse P400S (PH-EC416PS)
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA 850 BQ
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 310
Keyboard Logitech G G413 Silver
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit v22H2
System Name Graphics Card Free...
Processor Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX Wifi
Cooling Cryorig M9a w/ BeQuiet! PureWings 2 ~ 92mm
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200 ~ 16GB(2x8GB)
Storage Samsung EVO 870 SSD - 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2
Case Cardboard...
Power Supply eVGA SuperNova 550w G3
Mouse Logitech t400 Zone Touch Mouse
Keyboard IBM Model "M" Keyboard
Software Manjaro ~ KDE Plasma
Benchmark Scores She's a Runner!
Nodular melanoma.

Best,

LC

Spoke with Norton today, he sounds as though he's doing well and said everyone should be hearing from him "hopefully" by the end of the week.

Was glad to hear about your father's test coming back positive. We're dealing with cancer(yet again) here on the home front as well. I'm afraid the prognosis isn't as positive. Stage 4...spread from the back to the brain, lungs, liver, lymph nodes etc...

Best Regards,

Liquid Cool
Hugs to you and your family. :love::love: I've never met you, but I know the 'hell' you describe all too well. :(

Last edited:

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(

Best Regards,

Liquid Cool

My thoughts are with you and everyone.. If there's anything we can do... :)

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Just been trawling through my long abandoned photobucket account and found some words of wisdom from Uncle Kreij ;)

Wasnt worthy of a new thread being made so the best place was posting it here.

He loved everyone here - at least when it came to the regulars and folks who earned the long service badge. Finding this bought a tear to my eye and we werent even that close.

I cant remember the reason why i screenshot this in the first place.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Just been trawling through my long abandoned photobucket account and found some words of wisdom from Uncle Kreij ;)

Wasnt worthy of a new thread being made so the best place was posting it here.

View attachment 126638

He loved everyone here - at least when it came to the regulars and folks who earned the long service badge. Finding this bought a tear to my eye and we werent even that close.

I cant remember the reason why i screenshot this in the first place.
Nice double anecdote dude, it's surprised me a bit how it feels to me when someone you only know on a forum disappears, I mean I too didn't know him that well but felt like knew him better than I did ,.
There are others too.

I never knew him or even got to see his posts online as he was gone before I was active/registered, but judging by that post he seemed to be a very level-headed, good-natured, down-to-Earth, personable, and funny guy. :toast: Too bad he's gone because the world needs more of his type. :love:

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
I guess in some ways. peoples souls just digitally connect on an emotional level. Almost everybody knew who Kreij was and he put in a lot of time here. Though im sure if i suddenly coughed and died, nobody here apart from some of the folks in the UK clubhouse would really remember me in the same way... Maybe after 5 years of me being dead one of them might turn around and say "does anyone remember a guy called FreedomEclipse?? I havent seem him around for a long time" Or maybe i havent done enough as a member to be remembered in the same way.

The herding cats remark really made me smile though lol.

D

Deleted member 67555

I remember back on General Non-sense when it just became a separate site Kreij held a contest...
The goal....Draw the best cat you can in Windows Paint with your eyes closed....Whatever one he liked best got a $50 Newegg Gift card.
I din't know him well but the time him and Danthebanjoman spent on GN was priceless.
The Humor....even when he initially knew he stayed focused on only being serious about helping.
I miss his articles on NextPowerup.
Great guy...
Gonna have a Ribeye and a beer in his name Saturday...LoL
I remember that post btw.

System Name Main/DC
Processor i7-3770K/i7-2600K
Motherboard MSI Z77A-GD55/GA-P67A-UD4-B3
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14CS/H80
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) LP /4GB Kingston DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 660 Ti/MSI HD7770
Storage Crucial MX100 256GB/120GB Samsung 830 & Seagate 2TB(died)
Display(s) Asus 24' LED/Samsung SyncMaster B1940
Case P100/Antec P280 It's huge!
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply SeaSonic SS-660XP2/Seasonic SS-760XP2
Software Win 7 Home Premiun 64 Bit
Gonna have a Ribeye and a beer in his name Saturday...LoL
Sounds like a challenge! Pics required. And no ice water shenanigans.

System Name Barb's Domain
Processor i9 10850k 5.1GHz all cores
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool Assassin III
Memory 2*16gig Corsair LPX DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 FE
Storage 500gb Samsung 980 Pro M2 SSD, 500GB WD Blue SATA SSD, 2TB Seagate Hybrid SSHD
Display(s) Dell - S3222DGM 32" 2k Curved/ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K (ran at 2k), Sanyo 75" 4k TV
Case SilverStone Fortress FT04
Audio Device(s) Bose Companion II speakers, Corsair - HS70 PRO headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x (2021)
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech Orion Spectrum G910
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/34962882
I'll put it together this weekend. It's just been sitting here collecting dust waiting for someone to organize a giveaway.

just a heads up, didn't get a chance to mess with the "old school" build last weekend, will try this weekend.

System Name Bay2- Lowerbay/ HP 3770/T3500-2+T3500-3+T3500-4/ Opti-Con/Orange/White/Grey
Processor i3 2120's/ i7 3770/ x5670's/ i5 2400/Ryzen 2700/Ryzen 2700/R7 3700x
Motherboard HP UltraSlim's/ HP mid size/ Dell T3500 workstation's/ Dell 390/B450 AorusM/B450 AorusM/B550 AorusM
Cooling All stock coolers/Grey has an H-60
Memory 2GB/ 4GB/ 12 GB 3 chan/ 4GB sammy/T-Force 16GB 3200/XPG 16GB 3000/Ballistic 3600 16GB
Video Card(s) HD2000's/ HD 2000/ 1 MSI GT710,2x MSI R7 240's/ HD4000/ Red Dragon 580/Sapphire 580/Sapphire 580
Storage ?HDD's/ 500 GB-er's/ 500 GB/2.5 Samsung 500GB HDD+WD Black 1TB/ WD Black 500GB M.2/Corsair MP600 M.2
Display(s) 1920x1080/ ViewSonic VX24568 between the rest/1080p TV-Grey
Case HP 8200 UltraSlim's/ HP 8200 mid tower/Dell T3500's/ Dell 390/SilverStone Kublai KL06/NZXT H510 W x2
Audio Device(s) Sonic Master/ onboard's/ Beeper's!
Power Supply 19.5 volt bricks/ Dell PSU/ 525W sumptin/ same/Seasonic 750 80+Gold/EVGA 500 80+/Antec 650 80+Gold
Mouse cheap GigaWire930, CMStorm Havoc + Logitech M510 wireless/iGear usb x2/MX 900 wireless kit 4 Grey
Keyboard Dynex, 2 no name, SYX and a Logitech. All full sized and USB. MX900 kit for Grey
Software Mint 18 Sylvia/ Opti-Con Mint KDE/ T3500's on Kubuntu/HP 3770 is Win 10/Win 10 Pro/Win 10 Pro/Win10
Benchmark Scores World Community Grid is my benchmark!!
I was just reading through these posts, Kreij, was an original, in the finest sense of the word. I have only met a handful of people I would even remotely compare to his greatness as a sincerely awesome human being.

I did not know him well, but it was impossible to ignore his presence. Without a doubt, the best 'Cat Herder' I have ever witnessed.

BTW, I miss him, in my own way. I am not ashamed to say, I get watery eyed thinking about him.:lovetpu:

System Name Home Brewed
Processor i9-7900X and i7-8700K
Motherboard ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme & ASUS Prime Z-370 A
Cooling Corsair 280mm AIO & Thermaltake Water 3.0
Memory 64GB DDR4-3000 GSKill RipJaws-V & 32GB DDR4-3466 GEIL Potenza
Video Card(s) 2X-GTX-1080 SLI & 2 GTX-1070Ti 8GB G1 Gaming in SLI
Storage Both have 2TB HDDs for storage, 480GB SSDs for OS, and 240GB SSDs for Steam Games
Display(s) ACER 28" B286HK 4K & Samsung 32" 1080P
Case NZXT Source 540 & Rosewill Rise Chassis
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM1000 & Corsair RM850
Mouse Generic
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Tournament & Corsair K90
Software Win-10 Professional
Benchmark Scores yes
I did not know him well, but it was impossible to ignore his presence. Without a doubt, the best 'Cat Herder' I have ever witnessed.
I wish that I had known him. Simply because of posts like this. I know that I would've liked him and respected him too.

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk ATX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
Memory VENGEANCE LPX 2 x 16GB DDR4-3600 C18 OCed 3800
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT CORE Gaming
Storage 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500 GB, 870 QVO 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung 28” 4K monitor
Case Phantek Eclipse P400S (PH-EC416PS)
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA 850 BQ
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 310
Keyboard Logitech G G413 Silver
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit v22H2
I wish that I had known him.
From what everyone has said about Kreij it's a shame I didn't have the chance to get to know him like the long time members of TPU.

D

Deleted member 178884

Although I'm not in TPUs WCG team, I'm pushing my own team and encouraging others to join mine, It's great IBM is putting the work to actual good use.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
I wish that I had known him. Simply because of posts like this. I know that I would've liked him and respected him too.
I had the pleasure to know him as well as anyone can be known on the interwebz, we became Mods together on the same day, we also became Senior Mods together 3 years later at the same time, it was a privilege to know him, I still have him on my follow list and cannot remove it, the kind words that everyone that knew him have spoken cannot even measure up to the human being he was and one of the only reasons I have stayed on is because of the memory of him, those that did know him well already know that this world is a lesser place without his presence...………. and I cannot think of many people outside of my closest friends and family I could say this about, more so as my knowledge of him was only in this virtual world..... I miss him too.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Right guys, The server give away I have planned or had planned a few months ago (what a nightmare trying to track down boxes has become and being away with the fairies!! Can I blame that on my now 9 month old??.....) is still going ahead :)

I've finally managed to find some damn boxes for these things and I'm not sure whether or not they will be of any good as such, but I'm going to give them a go :) I've ordered enough for the 3 1U servers and 1 for the 2U HP unit I have here.
I'd like to see how these boxes go and then when they've been delivered etc, see if I need to rethink or complain etc. but hopefully then it will be time to get rid of some more 2U kit...

For those that did message me, please accept my massive apologies for the delay and lack of anything happening... Hopefully these boxes will be here soon enough and I can get the 1U's up and sorted as soon as I can.
I've my eldest daughter this weekend, so it might not get much under way till middle of next week but I bloody hope that's not the case!! Please PM me and we'll sort out the details when I get the boxes through :)

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Well guys I believe I might have something turning up tomorrow... If that's the case... A few servers might actually make it over to you before Christmas!! :D :D

I've not received any PM's yet so if anyone would like one, please do put a message here and drop me a PM and we'll get it all sorted :D

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Right, finally, I have something delivered and in my clutches for sending servers away to people!! :D @Norton I hope this is ok!! :)

So, I have ordered 2 x 1U boxes and 1 x 2U boxes and here they are...

IMG_20191205_224436.jpg IMG_20191205_224528.jpg IMG_20191205_224541.jpg IMG_20191205_224854.jpg IMG_20191205_224903.jpg

So as these are part of a tester for sending these beasty servers away, I'd like you to see what I'm looking at getting rid of....

IMG_20191207_115855.jpg

So as you can see (please excuse the poor excuse of a carpet, it's been in the conservatory since I've had the house and been through a lot...)
Anyways I digress...

I have a total of

3 x Dell R610 servers
1 x HP 380 Gen 7 server
3 x Dell R710 servers

for this Christmas Giveaway in memory to Kreij, there are a few requirements for these to be given away..
Original Link to the server specs

1. You'll need to be a member of our TPU Crunching Team or sign up with these servers* - WCG or FAH :) (*If you're not a member, then I'd appreciate some cash towards these servers) If you wish to donate anything more for having the server then that is up to you.
  2. Wherever in the world you are, you'll need to pay for the postage and part contribution to the boxes I've purchased to help towards the costs
  3. With having these servers as with any of the giveaways before hand, I'd appreciate at least 6 months contributions with the hardware before doing anything else with it. Again, I don't expect 24/7 operation as these are older tech, they aren't going to be cheap to run, but it would be nice to see some usage from them
  4. From me I will check these servers each before shipping them out to anyone who wishes to have one. I will grab pictures and video to prove they work and I can send this on request. I will also do my best to help with any support you require. Just bare in mind I'm in the UK so, at times it might be slow to get a reply.. I will do my very best to protect the servers when sending away to anyone and will take photos of the process just in case we have any issues with them being delivered. I hope that I can find a courier that won't throw them over a fence type thing....
  5. If there's anything else I've missed I will update and add to a post :)

For starters I will be giving the opportunity of the 3 R610's and the HP server at first to see just how things go and if the servers arrive in tact whenever they go to.

If anyone is interested in them, please put your names below and let me know.
I have had replies from a few people (I've tagged them in this post) so I will try to re-contact them and give them 24 to 48 hours to reply to let me know whether or not they are still interested in the hardware. if not then I will update and let people see. @Hugis @Durvelle27 @Solaris17 Here's the link to the original post I made about this a long time ago....

Happy crunching everyone :D I hope this is a bit of a boost for Christmas to anyone and to this amazing cause :)

Last edited:

Durvelle27

Staff member
System Name Black Prometheus
Processor |AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
Motherboard ASRock B550M Pro4|MSI X370 Gaming PLUS
Cooling Thermalright PA120 SE | AMD Stock Cooler
Memory G.Skill 64GB(2x32GB) 3200MHz | 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4
Video Card(s) |AMD R9 290
Storage Sandisk X300 512GB + WD Black 6TB+WD Black 6TB
Display(s) LG Nanocell85 49" 4K 120Hz + ACER AOPEN 34" 3440x1440 144Hz
Case DeepCool Matrexx 55 V3 w/ 6x120mm Intake + 3x120mm Exhaust
Audio Device(s) LG Dolby Atmos 5.1
Power Supply Corsair RMX850 Fully Modular| EVGA 750W G2
Mouse Logitech Trackman
Keyboard Logitech K350
Software Windows 10 EDU x64
I’m sti
Right, finally, I have something delivered and in my clutches for sending servers away to people!! :D @Norton I hope this is ok!! :)

View attachment 138739 View attachment 138740 View attachment 138741 View attachment 138742 View attachment 138743

So as these are part of a tester for sending these beasty servers away, I'd like you to see what I'm looking at getting rid of....

View attachment 138744

So as you can see (please excuse the poor excuse of a carpet, it's been in the conservatory since I've had the house and been through a lot...)
Anyways I digress...

I have a total of

3 x Dell R610 servers
1 x HP 380 Gen 7 server
3 x Dell R710 servers

for this Christmas Giveaway in memory to Kreij, there are a few requirements for these to be given away..

1. You'll need to be a member of our TPU Crunching Team or sign up with these servers* - WCG or FAH :) (*If you're not a member, then I'd appreciate some cash towards these servers) If you wish to donate anything more for having the server then that is up to you.
  2. Wherever in the world you are, you'll need to pay for the postage and part contribution to the boxes I've purchased to help towards the costs
  3. With having these servers as with any of the giveaways before hand, I'd appreciate at least 6 months contributions with the hardware before doing anything else with it. Again, I don't expect 24/7 operation as these are older tech, they aren't going to be cheap to run, but it would be nice to see some usage from them
  4. From me I will check these servers each before shipping them out to anyone who wishes to have one. I will grab pictures and video to prove they work and I can send this on request. I will also do my best to help with any support you require. Just bare in mind I'm in the UK so, at times it might be slow to get a reply.. I will do my very best to protect the servers when sending away to anyone and will take photos of the process just in case we have any issues with them being delivered. I hope that I can find a courier that won't throw them over a fence type thing....

For starters I will be giving the opportunity of the 3 R610's and the HP server at first to see just how things go and if the servers arrive in tact whenever they go to.

I have had replies from a few people (I've tagged them in this post) so I will try to re-contact them and give them 24 to 48 hours to reply to let me know whether or not they are still interested in the hardware. if not then I will update and let people see. @Hugis @Durvelle27 @Solaris17 Here's the link to the original post I made about this a long time ago....

Happy crunching everyone :D I hope this is a bit of a boost for Christmas to anyone and to this amazing cause :)

View attachment 138739 View attachment 138740 View attachment 138741 View attachment 138742 View attachment 138743

View attachment 138744

Anyways I digress...

I have a total of

3 x Dell R610 servers
1 x HP 380 Gen 7 server
3 x Dell R710 servers

im still interested