• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

A Memorial to Kreij - Gone 9 years but never forgotten- check out the latest build(s)

Will you be donating and/or opting in to win the Kreij Cancer Curing PC?

• Total voters

Norton

Moderator - Returning from the Darkness
Staff member
System Name Main PC- Gamer- Main Cruncher/Folder and too many crunching/folding rigs
Processor Ryzen 5900X- Ryzen 5950X- Ryzen 3950X and etc...
Motherboard Asrock X570 Extreme4- MSI X570S Tomahawk MAX WiFi- MSI B450M Bazooka Max and etc...
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S (dual fan)- EK 360 AIO with push/pull fans- Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT and etc...
Memory 2x16GB GSkill FlareX 3200/c14- 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3600/c16- 2x16GB Team 3600/c18 and etc..
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming RX 6800- Asus RTX 3070 TUF OC- MSI Ventus GTX 1660Ti and etc...
Storage Main PC (1TB WD SN850- 2TB PNY CS 3040- 2TB Seagate Firecuda) and etc...
Display(s) Main PC (2x24" Dell UltraSharp U2414H)
Case Phanteks P600s- Seasonic Q704- Fractal Meshify C and etc...
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z625 THX 2.1 speakers
Power Supply EVGA 750 G3- SeaSonic DGC 750- EVGA P2 850 and etc...
Mouse G300s
Keyboard Corsair K65
VR HMD N/A
Software Windows 10 Pro or Ubuntu
Benchmark Scores Why sit on the Bench when you can get in the game and Crunch!!!
Old School Build featuring a Chieftec Dragon case
Small update... the case is an actual old school Alienware case (Saucer Silver), which is based on the same Chieftec/Antec case design

Pics of the case below:
A few blemishes but the original paint still shines pretty nicely!
Alien 01.jpg
Alien 02.jpg

Small update... the case is an actual old school Alienware case (Saucer Silver), which is based on the same Chieftec/Antec case design

Pics of the case below:
View attachment 283603View attachment 283604
I think Antec also had their own rebranded version of this case. I wonder who the original maker actually was?

Processor Xeon x5650
Motherboard SABERTOOTH X58
Cooling Fans
Memory 24 GB Kingston HyperX 1600
Video Card(s) GTX 1060 3GB
Storage small ssd
Display(s) Dell 2001F, BenQ short throw
Case Lian Li
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply X750
Software Mint 19.3, Win 10
Benchmark Scores not so fast...

Pics of the case below:
View attachment 283603View attachment 283604
I think I have the original Alienware fan cover. Let me look after my workday.

Processor Xeon x5650
Cooling Fans
Storage small ssd
Case Lian Li
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply X750
I think I have the original Alienware fan cover. Let me look after my workday.
I looked, but haven't spotted it, yet. Will continue looking tomorrow.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
I think Antec also had their own rebranded version of this case. I wonder who the original maker actually was?
pretty sure i had that antec version - the one time i was in the USA i remember seeing all these generic brand ripoffs of it at CompUSA

Chieftec, i think?

Norton

Moderator - Returning from the Darkness
Staff member
System Name Main PC- Gamer- Main Cruncher/Folder and too many crunching/folding rigs
Processor Ryzen 5900X- Ryzen 5950X- Ryzen 3950X and etc...
Motherboard Asrock X570 Extreme4- MSI X570S Tomahawk MAX WiFi- MSI B450M Bazooka Max and etc...
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S (dual fan)- EK 360 AIO with push/pull fans- Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT and etc...
Memory 2x16GB GSkill FlareX 3200/c14- 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3600/c16- 2x16GB Team 3600/c18 and etc..
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming RX 6800- Asus RTX 3070 TUF OC- MSI Ventus GTX 1660Ti and etc...
Storage Main PC (1TB WD SN850- 2TB PNY CS 3040- 2TB Seagate Firecuda) and etc...
Display(s) Main PC (2x24" Dell UltraSharp U2414H)
Case Phanteks P600s- Seasonic Q704- Fractal Meshify C and etc...
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z625 THX 2.1 speakers
Power Supply EVGA 750 G3- SeaSonic DGC 750- EVGA P2 850 and etc...
Mouse G300s
Keyboard Corsair K65
VR HMD N/A
Software Windows 10 Pro or Ubuntu
Benchmark Scores Why sit on the Bench when you can get in the game and Crunch!!!
I looked, but haven't spotted it, yet. Will continue looking tomorrow.
I may have the fan grill. There's a few items inside the case that I haven't had time to check out just yet. Will update when I do

Processor Xeon x5650
Cooling Fans
Storage small ssd
Case Lian Li
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply X750
Right on. I did find the Chieftec 5¼" bay quick slide fittings. And a bunch of other things . :laugh:
Now that I think about it...I think the alien got saltwater flood/king tide damage

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
I don't frequent this forum but if another Memorial to Kreij Build comes up in the future someone please PM me so that I will know about it. I would like to contribute.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
Well everyone, I've got hopefully something for a start of a giveaway coming... I'm trying to get some fairly decent hardware, hopefully GPUs and depends on what I can manage, some CPUs too if possible... I'm looking to try and do a giveaway of a system or parts and its a case of picking and choosing what parts you'd like...

If anyone else wishes to do some donating etc. then please do :) I will expect members to be putting names down for this hardware that have WCG history but I also wondered, what everyone else thought if we opened it up to the rest of the forum and said maybe if you wished to enter, to put in some cash towards the cost of the hardware, so like a token gesture or something?? What does anyone think?? The more time you've spent in WCG or FAH or Rosetta with TPU, the less or 'free' I'd expect but if you still wished to do a donation or something, that's always welcome with open arms :) Goes for anyone putting in hardware, if they'd like something for it (token gestures etc....) I'm more than happy for this to happen. I'll try and do some higher 'spec'd' winnings and then maybe some SSDs or something for like 3rd/4th or something??

We are most certainly doing this for @Kreij thread, so I'll put this text in there as well just in case people don' visit this thread :) Any thoughts, ideas or whatever you wish to add, please please step up and speak :) I mean if I'm speaking, I'm more a dribbling idiot than anyone, so if I can put a few words together, I'm happy!! :D

Take care everyone!! Hopefully hear from you soon!!

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
Right, here we finally go!! :D :D

Now, I've not got everything sorted out yet but, here's a few pics of the things I've got for the giveaway so far....
20231004_201055.jpg

20231004_200938.jpg
20231004_201007.jpg
20231004_201014.jpg
20231004_201033.jpg

I thought about what I'd like to do for the teams we support here at TPU and I was hoping that by doing it this way, we'd hopefully be able to attract some more people to the crunching and folding teams. Also with the members we have hopefully they might actually see this and join up on the forum if they haven't already as it would be great that anyone that was in the team, had access and could keep an eye on what is going on and what we are trying to achieve... I'd like the GPU to go to one of our team members that have always been posting up the scores however much they can but not maybe getting the scores and points they really wish to do.. I've seen it with some of the hardware I've tested and as an example, the RX 480, I think took over a day to finish something and even then the end points where terrible.
The card I've got for this part of the giveaway, seems to do fairly well with the FAH work loads and gets a fairly decent return and doesn't use up, masses of power. It's no 4090 but then it never cost me £2 million quid.... :D I was also hoping to have something that the winner could also game with if they wished, I believe it should be fairly decent for some gaming here and there.

I didn't own the graphics card so I've gone out to buy this purposely for this give away. I was looking at 1080 TI's/2070 and the Supers and even all the way up to a 3080 to be honest because of the cost of them in the US, they are dead cheap compared to over here in the UK. Also because I was spending the cash, I wanted to get something that was decent and would have been something I'd have bought rather than anything that was cheap as possible, I don't always believe cheap is the best way to go as cheap coolers one some cards are just terrible and I've had experience of that, so I'd rather avoid that for someone else...

As for the CPU, I do plan on doing a bit of a combo, maybe CPU, RAM and motherboard? As PSUs are somewhat heavy, it can get expensive to send it, but we'll work on that one I think... Same goes for the case, I think for sending aboard and even more so if I was sending it to the US, it would cost me and the person receiving it a small fortune... Besides, for a case, I believe that is down to personal preference as well, so I wouldn't wish to buy something for someone that didn't like it, would be a waste of cash in my head then! I'll do my best when I try and find a motherboard for the CPU, I again like the GPU.. I don't wish to go to the lowest and cheapest thing I can, I'd like it to be decent for someone so they actually have a chance at upgrading the thing as and when they can. If anyone has any suggestions or has one for sale, please do let me know and get in touch :)

So for this part, I was toying with the idea of doing a UK and US giveaway. I know @Norton had some things planned to give away which is awesome, but I believe he's not been online for a little while which sucks but I'd like to believe he'll be doing that for when he comes back.

I've got some SSDs as well, as I think everyone should have one, even the cheapest ones are going to be better than a HD so, I think these I'm giving away should be perfect for the cause :) We don't need Gen 5 PCIe based NVME's for crunching that I'm aware just yet.... :)

I'm hoping to do this for our amazing community and because of our amazing Kreij as well. Sadly I wasn't around the forum so much when he was and that makes me sad, but I hope that by doing this it not only gives the team a little more attention and hopefully maybe some new and more members, but also because I do love hardware so much, I figure I don't need everything I have and even if I do have to buy it, I will try and do a give away once a year if not more.
I was wondering if anyone would mind doing things in a bit of a raffle way, so maybe we do an agreed amount of numbers. People can buy however many numbers they wish for and that will help towards paying for the hardware that I or anyone donates or buys for the giveaways.. Does anyone have any issues or suggestions for that idea?? Maybe we could also bring on something that would be an award system for maybe the number of work units returned, or something to help with people always contributing but never quite making the top 10 or breaking maybe a million points a day?? I dunno, as I said, I just would like to help people!! I'd like to put my hardware whoring to good use and to help our amazing crunching and folding teams....

Well, feel free to post away, idea's, thoughts, suggestions, feedback, anything at all :) I'll clarify a little more what's in the giveaway a little later but hopefully the pics will help for the moment :)

Thanks for reading all this, written by a grabbering hardware crazy loony man. Oh, I think I also have some basic CPU coolers for that CPU so I can throw one of those in at the very least when we do the final give away :)

stinger608

Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder
System Name Dean Machine/2020 Ryzenfall
Processor Intel 4790K/AMD Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard MSI 1150 Gaming mATX/Gigabyte AORUS ELITE B550
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED/SilverStone AH240 AIO
Memory 16 gigs Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer/16 gigs G.Skill TridentZ NEO DDR4
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 1660 Super/Gigabyte GTX 1660
Storage Crucial SSD 256 and 2TB spinner/Dual Samsung 980 Pro M2 NVME 4.0
Display(s) Overlord 27" 2560 x 1440
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic modular 850 watt Platinum/EVGA T2-850 Titanium
Software Windows 10 Pro/Windows 10 Pro
Lets bump this up again.

Thanks to @phill , this thread may come to life once again!!!!!

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Lets bump this up again.

Thanks to @phill , this thread may come to life once again!!!!!
I just wish to help and do my little bit sir :) I hope that if I'm missing anything someone can let me know!! I hope this thread may long continue!!

Has anyone any preferences to how we dish out the hardware?? By that I mean, does it matter to people if its in a bundle, separate, in a tier type system of 1st getting this this this, 2nd getting this this and 3rd this?? Anyone?? :)

System Name Always changing
Processor Always changing
Motherboard Always changing
Cooling Always changing
Memory Always changing
Video Card(s) Always changing
Storage Always changing
Display(s) Always changing
Case Always changing
Audio Device(s) Always changing
Power Supply Always changing
Mouse Always changing
Keyboard Always changing
Right, here we finally go!! :D :D

Now, I've not got everything sorted out yet but, here's a few pics of the things I've got for the giveaway so far....

I thought about what I'd like to do for the teams we support here at TPU and I was hoping that by doing it this way, we'd hopefully be able to attract some more people to the crunching and folding teams. Also with the members we have hopefully they might actually see this and join up on the forum if they haven't already as it would be great that anyone that was in the team, had access and could keep an eye on what is going on and what we are trying to achieve... I'd like the GPU to go to one of our team members that have always been posting up the scores however much they can but not maybe getting the scores and points they really wish to do.. I've seen it with some of the hardware I've tested and as an example, the RX 480, I think took over a day to finish something and even then the end points where terrible.
The card I've got for this part of the giveaway, seems to do fairly well with the FAH work loads and gets a fairly decent return and doesn't use up, masses of power. It's no 4090 but then it never cost me £2 million quid.... :D I was also hoping to have something that the winner could also game with if they wished, I believe it should be fairly decent for some gaming here and there.

I didn't own the graphics card so I've gone out to buy this purposely for this give away. I was looking at 1080 TI's/2070 and the Supers and even all the way up to a 3080 to be honest because of the cost of them in the US, they are dead cheap compared to over here in the UK. Also because I was spending the cash, I wanted to get something that was decent and would have been something I'd have bought rather than anything that was cheap as possible, I don't always believe cheap is the best way to go as cheap coolers one some cards are just terrible and I've had experience of that, so I'd rather avoid that for someone else...

As for the CPU, I do plan on doing a bit of a combo, maybe CPU, RAM and motherboard? As PSUs are somewhat heavy, it can get expensive to send it, but we'll work on that one I think... Same goes for the case, I think for sending aboard and even more so if I was sending it to the US, it would cost me and the person receiving it a small fortune... Besides, for a case, I believe that is down to personal preference as well, so I wouldn't wish to buy something for someone that didn't like it, would be a waste of cash in my head then! I'll do my best when I try and find a motherboard for the CPU, I again like the GPU.. I don't wish to go to the lowest and cheapest thing I can, I'd like it to be decent for someone so they actually have a chance at upgrading the thing as and when they can. If anyone has any suggestions or has one for sale, please do let me know and get in touch :)

So for this part, I was toying with the idea of doing a UK and US giveaway. I know @Norton had some things planned to give away which is awesome, but I believe he's not been online for a little while which sucks but I'd like to believe he'll be doing that for when he comes back.

I've got some SSDs as well, as I think everyone should have one, even the cheapest ones are going to be better than a HD so, I think these I'm giving away should be perfect for the cause :) We don't need Gen 5 PCIe based NVME's for crunching that I'm aware just yet.... :)

I'm hoping to do this for our amazing community and because of our amazing Kreij as well. Sadly I wasn't around the forum so much when he was and that makes me sad, but I hope that by doing this it not only gives the team a little more attention and hopefully maybe some new and more members, but also because I do love hardware so much, I figure I don't need everything I have and even if I do have to buy it, I will try and do a give away once a year if not more.
I was wondering if anyone would mind doing things in a bit of a raffle way, so maybe we do an agreed amount of numbers. People can buy however many numbers they wish for and that will help towards paying for the hardware that I or anyone donates or buys for the giveaways.. Does anyone have any issues or suggestions for that idea?? Maybe we could also bring on something that would be an award system for maybe the number of work units returned, or something to help with people always contributing but never quite making the top 10 or breaking maybe a million points a day?? I dunno, as I said, I just would like to help people!! I'd like to put my hardware whoring to good use and to help our amazing crunching and folding teams....

Well, feel free to post away, idea's, thoughts, suggestions, feedback, anything at all :) I'll clarify a little more what's in the giveaway a little later but hopefully the pics will help for the moment :)

Thanks for reading all this, written by a grabbering hardware crazy loony man. Oh, I think I also have some basic CPU coolers for that CPU so I can throw one of those in at the very least when we do the final give away :)
OOoo this will make for a solid compy!

stinger608

Memory 16 gigs Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer/16 gigs G.Skill TridentZ NEO DDR4
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board
I just wish to help and do my little bit sir :) I hope that if I'm missing anything someone can let me know!! I hope this thread may long continue!!

Has anyone any preferences to how we dish out the hardware?? By that I mean, does it matter to people if its in a bundle, separate, in a tier type system of 1st getting this this this, 2nd getting this this and 3rd this?? Anyone?? :)

I don't really think it matters too much man. In the past, there were separate prizes, bundled prizes, and even complete systems that a designated member would put together and ship to the winner.

However, I know you are across the pond from me and a lot of other members, so something like a complete system would be a shipping nightmare.

bogmali

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi
System Name Daily Driver/Part Time
Processor Core i7-13700K/Ryzen R5-7600
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX/Asrock B650 Pro RS Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT AIO/Deep Cool LS-520 White
Memory Patriot 2x16GB DDR5-7200/XPG Lancer Blade 2X16GB DDR-5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX-4080 Super/Sapphire Radeon RX-7800XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe 2TB/KingSpec XG 7000 4TB M.2 NVMe/Crucial P5 Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW
Case Corsair 5000d AirFlow/Asus AP201 White
Audio Device(s) AudioEngine D1 DAC/Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra 1K Watt/Seagotep 750W
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Adata XPG Summoner
Software Win11 Pro 64
Benchmark Scores Xbox Live Gamertag=jondonken
I might (possibly) have a complete rig to donate to this event, more to follow.

System Name Always changing
Processor Always changing
Motherboard Always changing
Cooling Always changing
Memory Always changing
Video Card(s) Always changing
Storage Always changing
Display(s) Always changing
Case Always changing
Audio Device(s) Always changing
Power Supply Always changing
Mouse Always changing
Keyboard Always changing

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Well here we go everyone, finally, I have some progress!! :D

So I decided to grab a few extras for the top prize I think we might call it?? So as below.... We'll let the pics do the talking....

20231109_002121.jpg 20231108_165023.jpg 20231105_221740.jpg 20231105_221807.jpg

So we've a B450 AM4 motherboard with a Ryzen 5 2600X and 16GB of RAM. I've bought extra a 512GB NVME drive so the winner can even run some games from it rather than just crunch and fold all day :) I've bought a Asus Strix GTX 1080 card as well and since changing my PSUs over to Seasonic, I've a few EVGA spare, so I will check with EVGA to see if they have warranty left or not, if not, then should there be any problems with the one that's coming and if I can get the other two sorted out (another 650W and 850W) I will also donate those away. Sadly the 850W I won't be handing over and the 650W is a dead one so if I can get those two switched out for repair/warranty etc. then each of them will be gifted to someone too.

We've also a few SATA SSDs and some basic but hopefully usable 8GB of RAM to find a home for to. I will also offer a AMD CPU cooler as well just in case and to get the system up and running as a starter. Also a copy of Unreal 3 will be given to each of the winners, I think there's enough and the codes I bought should still work....

I did a very basic test with Heaven 4 on an Extreme profile and at 1080P just to have a look at the performance. I've included some wattage figures just in case as well :)

20231105_230958.jpg 20231105_231806.jpg 20231105_231619.jpg 20231105_225720.jpg

Just in case the pics aren't perfectly, clear -

36w ish Idle
162w+ ish CPU All core load - CB R15
255w+ ish GPU load - Heaven 4

Now I'm guessing if this system is going to crunch and fold together, I'd estimate that it might get to about 400w without any tweaks etc. Oh the NVME drive will not be used by myself, when the winner takes the system, it will be its first time powering up :) I've a couple of these and whilst they might have a bit of a funny name, I can't say I'm unhappy with the drives.

The question I'd have for you all, is how would you like to do this? Registered and Team TPU crunching and folders will get first chance for this? Would we need to do a raffle so anyone not in the team but would like to be, can give a donation and then pick a number?? I'm interested in hearing what peoples thoughts are... Also I'd be not adding a case for this, I thought as I find cases are quite special to each and everyone so... Plus I thought best not spend too much more on doing this give away :D

Please let me know your thoughts everyone :)

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Well some interesting news - CDKeys have decided to process a refund for the games that I had paid for but have not yet received the keys for. I wonder if that has anything to do with the £2 a key I paid for them back in April 2022, as it seems now they are worth a few quid....

1699658152775.png

I'm asking them to stop processing the refund and just wait until the keys are back in stock. I don't get it, if you buy something, you should have those keys regardless of if you use them or otherwise??.... Or am I missing something?

The world has gone nuts with prices for things right now..... :eek:

System Name Windows
Processor 13900K
Motherboard MSI Pro Z790-A WiFi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15s
Memory 32GB 6600 CL32
Video Card(s) RTX 4090
Storage 26TB Nand / 16TB Spinning Rust
Display(s) MSI MAG401QR
Case Phanteks P600s
Audio Device(s) Schiit Modi MB / Valhalla 2 & Asgard 3
Power Supply Vertex GX-1000
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
Benchmark Scores They suck.
Well some interesting news - CDKeys have decided to process a refund for the games that I had paid for but have not yet received the keys for. I wonder if that has anything to do with the £2 a key I paid for them back in April 2022, as it seems now they are worth a few quid....

View attachment 321099

I'm asking them to stop processing the refund and just wait until the keys are back in stock. I don't get it, if you buy something, you should have those keys regardless of if you use them or otherwise??.... Or am I missing something?

The world has gone nuts with prices for things right now..... :eek:
Seems like quite the cheesy move by them.

It's probably because you can no longer buy the games, driving the prices up for those that never bought them.

stinger608

Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board
Holy crap @phill !!! I've got all them games, and they were purchased on GOG for less that $5.00USD each.

Them are insane prices.

3 of them, I have in original boxes from back in the day. I purchased from GOG so I didn't have to use the original game disks.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Holy crap @phill !!! I've got all them games, and they were purchased on GOG for less that $5.00USD each.

Them are insane prices.

3 of them, I have in original boxes from back in the day. I purchased from GOG so I didn't have to use the original game disks.
I bought them for here mate, they said because I hadn't 'claimed' the keys, they don't reserve them, so basically they have issued me a refund for the order... I said to them I don't want a refund, I want the damn games! Why sell something and then not reserve the keys for what's been bought?! It's really pi$$ed me off mate because I did it when TPU setup the server for Unreal.. Can't buy the games anymore now, which is just crazy :( Very annoyed and frustrated with them

1700229593662.png

1700229637072.png

1700230273255.png

Well what can I say.... Should have given things away faster :( Apologies guys, I'm gutted

1700230354060.png

Prices for one game set now.... Unbelieveable... I take it Epic has done something stupid......

1700230441705.png

One of the best ever FPS games I have ever played Unreal games and they're not selling them anymore

Last edited:

Hugis

Staff member
System Name Office / Gamer Mk IV
Processor i5 - 12500
Motherboard TUF GAMING B660-PLUS WIFI D4
Cooling Themalright Peerless Assassin 120 RGB
Memory 32GB (2x16) Corsair CMK32GX4M2D3600C18 "micron B die"
Video Card(s) UHD770 / PNY 4060Ti (www.techpowerup.com/review/pny-geforce-rtx-4060-ti-verto)
Storage P41Plat - SN770 - 980Pro - BX500
Display(s) Philips 246E9Q 75Hz @ 1920 * 1080
Case Corsair Carbide 200R
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC897 (On Board)
Power Supply Cooler Master V750 Gold v2
Mouse Rii M01(3360Sensor)
Keyboard Logitech S530 - mac
Software Windows 11 Pro
That sucks, sorry to hear that.

stinger608

Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board
Holy crap @phill !!!!! Them cheap key outfits piss me off all the time.

I purchased a Windows 11 key from one of them and didn't use it for about a year. Went to use it, and nope, it wasn't a working key!!!

Hell of it is, it was one of them key "deal" on TPU's front page. :mad:

Being over a year after purchase, I didn't contact @W1zzard as it probably wouldn't be resolved after that long.

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
Holy crap @phill !!!!! Them cheap key outfits piss me off all the time.

I purchased a Windows 11 key from one of them and didn't use it for about a year. Went to use it, and nope, it wasn't a working key!!!

Hell of it is, it was one of them key "deal" on TPU's front page. :mad:

Being over a year after purchase, I didn't contact @W1zzard as it probably wouldn't be resolved after that long.
Many of the cheap cd key markets are re-selling MAK licensed products, which get blackballed by M$ after "some" amount of time.