• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AAF Realtek DCH Audio Driver - DTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a self made compilation driver based on 'Alan's DCH Mods' (all credit to him), with full DTS support. It can also be installed in circumstances where installers don't function, or if direct files are needed.
I aimed at the minimum needed to get amazing surround audio, I did NOT focus on packing lots of third party apps that can break, stop functioning over time, or after updates.

This pack includes: AAF DCH Driver 6.0.9091.1 + DTS Suite including encoder (DTS Interactive, DTS Connect, Neo PC, Surround Sensation, Boost, and more).

1.png 2.png
3.png 4.png

Please make sure all other drivers are fully removed before installing, also note you will need to disable driver signing (see here).

----

If you are like me and dislike stereo expand matrix's, and are using E-APO to get stereo surround, use 'Pre-Mix' and 'SFX/MFX'.
Note: Pre-Mix on speakers will disable the DTS effects, make sure your not using them first (mostly for stereo).

5.png

Equaliser APO - Stereo Surround Upmixer - Guide here.

----

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/p173wf4i4udgs/AAF+Drivers

Apps: Realtek Console, DTS Headphone X and Redistributables.

DTS (sound system) - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85M-D3H
Memory 8,00 Go (7,89 Go utilisable
Video Card(s) GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Keyboard Old Dell keyboard
How to install ?

Bradden

I'm struggling to install Alans Mod... would this be any use to me? I just run stereo through a laptop or headphones? When I can get Alans to work it improves the sound considerably.

@Hearick

First uninstall all Realtek or AAF installations from 'Apps & features'. Then restart your computer (it will probably ask you to restart). Then in 'Device Manager', check for 'Microsoft Audio Device'.

If not, right click the device and select 'Uninstall', in the next window select 'Delete .. driver', then in the 'System devices' section look for 'High Definition Audio Controller', I have two.
One of them is the Realtek device, the other one is a separate device entirely, for me the Realtek is the first one, disable it then enable it (or just restart your computer).

1.png 2.png
3.png 4.png

----

Keep repeating this process until you see only 'Microsoft Audio Device', now you can install the driver *. Disable signing, right click the device then 'Update Driver'.
Select 'Browse my computer for drivers', then 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer', then 'Have Disk', find your download.

8.png 9.png
10.png 11.png

*Note: If you have any registry cleaners, please run them a few times after you have fully removed drivers (clean before install).

----

If for some reason a driver keeps coming back, you should unplug your internet from your computer, then follow the above. If that still doesn't work do the following (then restart computer):

Follow the guide above up to the point where you delete the driver (it may not show the delete option), then after uninstall, open command prompt as admin.

Type the following command: pnputil -e , this will display all installed drivers, look for the vendor and device and copy the oemX.inf name.
Now type the following command: pnputil -d oemX.inf , this will delete the driver, however it must not be in use (uninstalled).

5.png 6.png

Note: If you have any registry cleaners, please run them a few times after you have fully removed drivers (clean before install).

====

@Bradden

Yes it should, it uses native but manual install methods (user controlled), the audio quality is that of AAF (Alan does amazing work).
The DTS pack also supports 5.1 or 7.1 to stereo, either speakers or headphones, so you can enjoy 5.1 and 7.1 too.

Currently I am using 5.1 speakers, the DTS suit detect this, and disables stereo only enhancements.

7.png

The EQ in the Realtek Console works on analogue and digital.

----

I just put my speakers into stereo mode (normally 5.1), and then enabled 'DTS Surround Sensation Speaker', I left the settings at default, I then played multichannel AAC (see here).
The result was absolutely amazing, it was identical to my 5.1 setup, all channels played over stereo (2 speakers), even the rear was coming from behind me.

====

If you want the decoder to stay running, and light to stay lit on your receiver you can do the following:

Open the Windows 'Sound Control Panel', then select the 'Recording' tab, now Right click anywhere and select 'Show Disabled Devices'. Right click 'Stereo Mix', and enable.
Double click it, in the 'Listen' tab tick 'Listen to this device' and select your digital output (I renamed mine to Digital), then mute it in the 'Levels' tab.

1.png 2.png
3.png 4.png

====

Updated to AAF DCH 6.0.9098.1

Last edited:

Bradden

Just a quick question before I start playing with this. How easy is it to uninstall? I've had problems recently uninstalling/reinstalling other mods :)

I just want to know how to reverse this process before I make a right mess of my laptop sound when I start the inevitable tinkering.

Thanks

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85M-D3H
Memory 8,00 Go (7,89 Go utilisable
Video Card(s) GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Keyboard Old Dell keyboard
Just a quick question before I start playing with this. How easy is it to uninstall? I've had problems recently uninstalling/reinstalling other mods :)

I just want to know how to reverse this process before I make a right mess of my laptop sound when I start the inevitable tinkering.

Thanks
Since this version is just an update driver, I think that you only need to uninstall it through Device Manager :)

But @Ferather will give you a better answer ;)

Yes it fully removes by right clicking and uninstall, and tick delete driver, before you do, open task manager, and end task on 'DTSAPO3Service' and 'Realtek Audio Service'.
This makes sure the two .exe services are not running and can be deleted during the uninstall process. Run a registry cleaner after.

Technically you don't need to end the services, but in some occasions they persist due to other drivers or installs.

1.png

2.png

3.png

----

After uninstalling check the start-up tab in task manager for no Realtek.

4.png

====

E-APO stereo surround upmixer updated to version 2.2.

Last edited:

Bradden

Thank you... when I have some time over the weekend I'll have a play with it.

t4gg4rt

@Ferather Hey thx for that driver! I have just connected my Receiver (with 5.1 speakers) via Toslink to my PC, installed your driver and now i am having true Surround Sound in Games like Cyberpunk (Receiver shows "DTS" and ingame if i move away from people i can here their voices over the rear speakers) So thats awesome.

But i feel like i am missing sth regarding your setup guide: If i connect my analog headset to my mainboard output and i am checking the "speaker properties" i cant see any "DTS" or "Spatial Sound" page, so no option for "DTS Neo" or "DTS Boost" etc
What am i missing? Do i have to install the Alan's DCH Mods before?

I am a bit lost :/ Thx for help in advance! :)
Greetz!

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
Is it anyhow possible, to add Dolby Drivers to this Package too? It's because I can't select the 2ch 48khz Option after installing the Mod

@t4gg4rt

No you don't need any other driver, can you post a screenshot of the missing tabs. That is a bug that I have not encountered (I have install tested it about 10 times).
It's possible to fix it, although I will have to send you a tool. It would be better to fully remove the issue, but atm I'm not sure what it is.

This is after a fresh install of Windows 10 x64 20H2 (never had any sound drivers installed yet):

Speakers.png

====

@Metal-Tom

Currently DTS is indeed enforced. Let me check the tool to make sure you can change it, and then back again. It's done using keys.
Edit, here you go, I made a text file with the current keys and which key you need to make it PCM, and back to DTS.

Key.png

====

Currently I am working on DTS APO 4 and DTS:X Ultra, I'm making some progress.

1.png

====

Attachments

• FX Configurator.zip
    724.6 KB · Views: 564
Last edited:
Download the attachment above, not sure why the key has not been set, my guess is there is a problem with Windows or a previous driver (typical).
Inside is FX Configurator and the correct APO keys in a text file, you want property page for 'speakers', save and restart PC.

Fix.png

Did you previously have AFF installed before this?

Last edited:

xsir

Sin título.png

I've tried the Fx configurator and it does not work.
This is my panel at this moment.

I've installed a fresh windows copy even with NO realtek official audio drivers from msi motherboad website.

Thanks

@xsir

By it didn't work do you mean the app didn't work, or the change didn't work? If the change did not work, even after PC restart, check the key is still there, if not then:
Open command prompt as admin and type: pnputil.exe -e > c:\drivers.txt - Then message me the text file.

If the app doesn't work, I can attach a different one that definitely works.

Last edited:
I modified the driver, I removed everything that was DTS. I replaced DTS with Dolby Atmos for Gaming and DolbyHomeTheater v4 (Dolby PCEE4), I tested it works very well both. I tried to add DolbyDigitalPlusHT (DS1) but no I succeeded. Neither Dolby Atmos for Gaming and DolbyHomeTheater v4 works, nor DolbyDigitalPlusHT. I need help to integrate DolbyDigitalPlusHT. Thanks

t4gg4rt

@Ferather Thx for your quick answer
i have used the fx configurator and i have put in the APO keys for the analog speaker output and the digital output (and i have restarted the pc) so it looks like that now:

analog speaker:
speaker conf.png

digital:
digital conf.png

After i used the FX configurator (see pictures below) my panel for the speakers looks like this (i have plugged in the analog plug of may headset):

Sound window.png

the panel for the digital output (which i wanna use instead of the analog speaker output) looks like that:

digital window.png

i also messaged you my drivers.txt

Greetz and thx! :)

@t4gg4rt

I have investigated your driver.txt and can see you have a fair amount of previous installs, I will message you with what you need to do.

====

@xela

Hold on a bit and I will try to help you soon :)

@Ferather Hey thx for that driver! I have just connected my Receiver (with 5.1 speakers) via Toslink to my PC, installed your driver and now i am having true Surround Sound in Games like Cyberpunk (Receiver shows "DTS" and ingame if i move away from people i can here their voices over the rear speakers) So thats awesome.

But i feel like i am missing sth regarding your setup guide: If i connect my analog headset to my mainboard output and i am checking the "speaker properties" i cant see any "DTS" or "Spatial Sound" page, so no option for "DTS Neo" or "DTS Boost" etc
What am i missing? Do i have to install the Alan's DCH Mods before?

I am a bit lost :/ Thx for help in advance! :)
Greetz!
Well if you read the fine print on the DTS splash page/tab it is not enabled for stereo (headsets are considered 2 speakers) but there is a way to 'trick' it into thinking its 5.1 while still using only headset but I dont think I can tell the difference.

CREATIVE MINDS COLLIDE! Soundblaster 720 and ALC892: Has anyone else been able to install and use AAF package with DTS (standard version) as well as Creative SB720? Normally when I install only the standard version everything works great. But I really like how well SB720 gives you effective audio cues for moving enemies approaching. You may not see them but with a headset on it does the best job I have heard with directional sound production.

Sadly, the Creative suite always crashes and I get the device error. Sometimes it takes a few days but last tieme it only worked for an hour then I had BOTH the 720 panel AND the blue error message box but the driver may have even still worked. I have tried the KGA config before during and after installation with no better results. If anyone knows how I can get back "scout mode" please share how you did it. Thank you.

@xela

Attached is a self extracting 7z (this site only accepts .exe or .zip, although I can change the extension from .7z to .zip).
It contains the Dolby drivers and extensions you need, I have not exactly tested it with my driver.

If you make a mistake in the app, you will find the .dat in your AFF drivers folder.

1.png

Attachments

• xela.exe
    5.8 MB · Views: 387
System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
@xela

Attached is a self extracting 7z (this site only accepts .exe or .zip, although I can change the extension from .7z to .zip).
It contains the Dolby drivers and extensions you need, I have not exactly tested it with my driver.

If you make a mistake in the app, you will find the .dat in your AFF drivers folder.

View attachment 186338
I've tried the Xela.exe, sadly w/o success: the Realtek Audio-Console had lost the RPC-Connection

Now at this Time I'm building by Alan Fox's (@alanfox2000) downloaded UAD-Repository, including your DTS-Components, my own "both enhancing" UAD-Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.