1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Abit aa8xe Fatal1ty Fan Speed error / need Help

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by vip3234, Oct 25, 2005.

1. vip3234 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi,

my motherboard worked fine until I changed my CPU Fan. I connected another 3Pin CPU fan to the CPU Fan connector on the mainboard. After the reboot I got this loud 2 tone sound which indicates that there is no Fan connected at all. (Fan spinned around very well) So I disconnected the new one and put back the old standard 4pin Intel Cooler. To my astonishment, the sound came again. I entered Bios and saw that there is no Fanspeed recognized at all. Even the Fan Speed of OTES1/2 or NB or someting else isn't red.
    -> The mainboard works pretty good, but neither there is any fanspeed recognized in the Bios nor in Windows.

What could this be? And how can I get my Fanspeed monitoring back ? Is my winbond chip now defectivly ?

Thx
    Vip

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    what was the amperage of the fan you installed? what is the rated amperage for a fan header on your mobo?

it is possible that you damaged a fan header by overloading it

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. vip3234 New Member

Thanks Received:
    the amperage of the new fan was 0.24A. The old one was a 0.12A
    I dunno what amperage is rated for the fan header on my mobo. Where can I find that information?

If we assume that the fan header was damaged by overloading, what can I do now ?

Thx
    VIp

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    im no electrical genius by any means, and i dont have the answers to the questions you ask, sry :( . BUT i may know some1 who does :) try posting in the electrical section at www.forums.bigfootcomputers.com , johnydo should be able to help you out.

:toast:

10 Year Member at TPU