1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ABIT AN52 AM2 NVIDIA mobo - Good?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by suraswami, Dec 10, 2007.

1. suraswami

suraswami

Thanks Received:
    I am looking to buy ABIT AN52 AM2 NVIDIA mobo. I see mixed reviews. anybody here have good feedback?

I want to overclock my AM2 X2 to 3.0G+. Will this be a good buy?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813127026

I had good luck with Abit. Other reason is that I saw a re-furbished board for dirt cheap. Thought I would try my luck on it.

:toast:

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Random Murderer

Random Murderer The Anti-Midas

Thanks Received:
    that would not be a good choice if you're looking to hit 3GHz. it's a good board, but just not meant for overclocking, and even the "max" line from abit(their 'dedicated' enthusiast and overclocking boards) have not been received well lately. a lack of bios options and updates will hinder you greatly. if you want an extremely modest overclock or you plan to run stock, this is a great board.
    personally, i would use this for a silent/htpc rig.

suraswami says thanks.
  3. suraswami

suraswami

Thanks Received:
    Thanks. That was another option for me. My Gigabyte board + X2 3800 (s939) (HTPC machine) is acting up. Its brand new. 1.5 months old. I can RMA to Gigabyte and get a replacement. But I have to wait. In the mean while I thought I would swap with ABIT.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. trog100

Thanks Received:
    i have one.. it goes better then my latest msi 790x chipset board.. using a single grafix card solution i have chosen the cheap abit an52 board over the "so called" better 790x chipset board..

things aint always what they seem..

trog

10 Year Member at TPU