• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

About Intel price cut article that was deleted.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
oh yeah, don't say anything bad about star citizen. they get deleted and threads get closed

Star citizen Sucks, was made by hacks, for hacks........

is this kinda like bloody Mary?now i wait to see what happens :)

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
Star citizen Sucks, was made by hacks, for hacks........

is this kinda like bloody Mary?now i wait to see what happens :)
What even is Star Citizen... never even heard of it.

System Name FumoffuFumoffu
Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z87X -UD3H
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7970 OC
Storage 1- WD 500GB 1- Samsung F2 1.5TB 1- Crucial M4 128GB SSD 1-256GB ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3 SSD
Display(s) Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5'' 3ms Full HD 1920x1200 WideScreen LCD Monitor
Case Corsair Graphite Series 600T
Audio Device(s) Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair HX 750W Gold
Software Windows 7 Pro x64
Techpowerup, seriously what's going on with you guys.... First politically themed "editorials" and now Ryzen hype Intel paranoia segments (i get it we are all excited for competition in the processor space again). Last time I checked one retailer having a sale doesn't equal a company wide price cut. sure You state this but that's like saying I saw everyone go crazy...Well one in a thousand ...but that's virtually every one. Fysa microcenters CPU prices are usually lower by at least 10%. I have been a huge fan of this site since I was in my early teens and the multi user quiz section ignited my desire and love to know more about technology that motivates me everyday at work, so please don't stoop to Wccftech levels and make me get my news from Tom's hardware (yuck) or even worse.....Wccftech.

Apologies for formatting on phone....Also my bad if posted in wrong section.
I get my tech news from PCPerspective these days

What even is Star Citizen... never even heard of it.

It's a program you need to sign up in order to become a Luna (Moon) citizen.

Are U ready to become a Star citizen?!

Me is not. I like Earth and its girls. Luna girls'R scary.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Audio Device(s) on board
Me is not. I like Earth and its girls. Luna girls'R scary.

Ive heard earth girls are easy ;)

That's not an easy one to squeeze into a conversation without trying really hard

Processor 5930K
Motherboard MSI X99 SLI
Cooling WATER
Memory 16GB DDR4 2132
Video Card(s) EVGAY 2070 SUPER
Storage SEVERAL SSD"S
Display(s) Catleap/Yamakasi 2560X1440
Case D Frame MINI drilled out
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse DEATH ADDER
Keyboard Razer Black Widow Tournament
Software W10HB
Benchmark Scores PhIlLyChEeSeStEaK
I must say(this may be a thread high jack)not intended as such)I kinda saw this coming, dragged my feet and now I have lost money before the New CPU'S even arrive in store's. But on a WHOLE, we all win as prices will fall. Intel will feel heat on its heels or face(first time in a long time), and everybody wins from this. Tech goes up, prices fall, maybe its time AMD lead instead of followed like they did back in the K processor days.

Processor i7-11700K
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Audio Device(s) on board
The biggest issue is going to be whether or not these new chips can hold a competitive place for at least one year or more. The reason I say that is because everyone doesn't just go out and buy a new CPU because of the release even if that release is a higher-quality. Some people use their PC for five or more years before upgrading which means unless the new offering from A.M.D. can remain competitive in both price and performance for a decent amount of time , Intel might come out with the answer to it which both outperforms and outsells it yet again. While I commend the possibility that AMD may take the top again let's all be honest and realize that they're not just going to need to take ,but hold a competitive position for at least a year or more for even 20 or so percent of the enthusiast population to purchase their products. Obviously the longer the better.

A simple way to look at it is there are people who are still running PCs built around old AMD CPUs. Even though Intel has made huge strides in the last five or more years they still have chips from when AMD were still competitive almost a decade ago. Now that's a long span of time but A year minimum is going to be required for this to make anything more than a ripple in a pond

Processor Intel 7700K 5.1Ghz (Intel advised me not to OC this CPU)
Motherboard Asus Maximus IX Code
Cooling Corsair Hydro H115i Platinum
Memory 48GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200 Dual Channel (2x16 & 2x8)
Video Card(s) nVIDIA Titan XP (Overclocks like a champ but stock performance is enough)
Storage Intel 760p 2280 2TB
Display(s) MSI Optix MPG27CQ Black 27" 1ms 144hz
Case Thermaltake View 71
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 1000 Platinum2
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro (not recommded, I am on my second mouse with same defect)
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 1803
Benchmark Scores Yes I am Intel fanboy that is my benchmark score.
There has been no Price CUTS from INTEL. Not sure where they are getting their information from. Microcenter had sales on CPU for a while.

System Name Norfree
Processor i5 3570k @4.4
Motherboard Gigabyte UD5H
Cooling 212 Evo
Memory 4x4GB Kingston 1600 @ 1833 9cl
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro Fury
Storage Corsair SSD, WD Black
Display(s) 1080p TV
Case Corsair 300-R
Audio Device(s) Auzentech Prelude > Fidelio X2s and AD-700s
Power Supply PCP&C Silent 950w
Software Win 10 Pro 64
Usually because the people that start them are deliberately trying to flamebait others and then the threads descend to insults and arguments, but you would know that of course :p

hey say what you want about my posts, but at least they had entertaining content!

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor i7-11700K
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Audio Device(s) on board
There has been no Price CUTS from INTEL. Not sure where they are getting their information from. Microcenter had sales on CPU for a while.

That's 100% correct as far as I know. I haven't seen a single reduced price on any Intel chip that makes any difference from what I've seen.

And I'm pretty sure everybody knows that Micro Centers prices are generally anywhere from 40 to $100 less than what you find online in regards to CPUs even without a sale there atleast 40 or more dollars off compared to Internet pricing

Every time I go to Micro Center the competitive popular I 5K processor is under $200. Normally there at the 240 Mark Online

One thing that I am interested in that doesn't seem to be discussed all that often or at all regarding these new AMD chips is what kind of video capabilities they will have. If they can come out with something that is decently powerful which is something they've been doing regularly for a long time , it will take the burden of performance off of the processing of the chip but this is all yet to be seen

Last edited:
Processor 7900
Motherboard Rampage Apex
Cooling H115i
Memory 64GB TridentZ 3200 14-14-14-34-1T
Video Card(s) Fury X
Case Corsair 740
Audio Device(s) 8ch LPCM via HDMI to Yamaha Z7 Receiver
Power Supply Corsair AX860
Mouse G903
Keyboard G810
Software 8.1 x64
Yea Microcenter has awesome prices on CPUs and they often offer bundle discounts if you get a motherboard aswell.

The problem is people that report the news often fail to research their sources and assume they are accurate. I can see how someone not from the states that arent familiar with Microcenter could see it as the start of a firesale on CPUs.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
hey say what you want about my posts, but at least they had entertaining content!

That's subjective, 95% of the members here didn't agree with you at the time.

i dont like editorials or wccf's content... but i want to see the personality & logic of site writers... tough call

i certainly hate thoughts being injected to the audience, that's a combination of wording & cherry picking, so i guess this is the only aspect i dont want to see, otherwise continue making custom content (maybe make it more obvious that it's not news, potentially something as blatant as a faded background color containing everything)

it's hard to be as entertaining as semiaccurate charlie, though i havent seen that site in years at this point, i used to read fudzilla as well but got irritated with nonsense that kept appearing

videocardz seems to consistently deliver the best rumor information & analysis, that's a good example

The biggest issue is going to be whether or not these new chips can hold a competitive place for at least one year or more. The reason I say that is because everyone doesn't just go out and buy a new CPU because of the release even if that release is a higher-quality. Some people use their PC for five or more years before upgrading which means unless the new offering from A.M.D. can remain competitive in both price and performance for a decent amount of time , Intel might come out with the answer to it which both outperforms and outsells it yet again. While I commend the possibility that AMD may take the top again let's all be honest and realize that they're not just going to need to take ,but hold a competitive position for at least a year or more for even 20 or so percent of the enthusiast population to purchase their products. Obviously the longer the better.

A simple way to look at it is there are people who are still running PCs built around old AMD CPUs. Even though Intel has made huge strides in the last five or more years they still have chips from when AMD were still competitive almost a decade ago. Now that's a long span of time but A year minimum is going to be required for this to make anything more than a ripple in a pond
doesnt matter, had... an upgrade

given what seems to be a surge of buyers, maybe one that could last a few months, you now have a set of people on amd that wouldnt have much need to sidegrade to the intel that beats it months later

what would be interesting to see is when intel changes the socket again, but amd releases zen2 so people dont need replacement mobos (also i forgot what i was reading that mentioned the next zen is exciting)

Processor i9 11900k
Motherboard Maximus XII Apex
Cooling Custom Liquid W/ 360x60 Radiator
Memory 32Gb Team XTREEM ARGB 3600 b-die
Video Card(s) Waterblocked MSI RTX 4070
Storage Intel 900p 480Gb + 4tb Intel 670p
Display(s) LG C2 evo 42"
Case Geometric Future Model 8
Audio Device(s) HD58X + Sennheiser GSX 1000
Power Supply Corsair RM 750x
Mouse Steelseries Aerox 5 wired
Keyboard Akko Mod 007b HE
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+
Software Windows 11
If you don't like opnions in your news there is a very simple solution, don't read the editorials. Plain and simple this kind of stuff always ends up turning into flame wars, hurt feelings and locked threads.

This kind of behavior is the exact reason we can't have nice new shiny and diverse news on the main page. My thought on the matter is to just disable the discussion thread from showing up on the main page or disable /lock it entirely on all future editorials and be done with it. No more arguing flaming or spilt milk.