• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Absurd GPU Prices

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
the rumor said price point would be $250 for a 1080 performance Navi 7nm high end. so the point is pricing and performance ratio i guess. but yeah if you want high end 4k gaming 2080 ti is prob only option for next 2-3 years. maybe longer, since Nvidia truly is a monopoly now, people who like high end gaming can't wait around forever, and we already been waiting around forever for competition

OK, that makes sense.

Well, if it is at $250, that would be awesome price for sure!

But I doubt that tbh.

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
there won't be any competition, rumors are that 7nm Navi chips only compete at the 1080 performance level lol.

I would sure like 1080 performance for 300$ or less. If Nvidia wont do that, I'll gladly take AMD.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I would sure like 1080 performance for 300$ or less. If Nvidia wont do that, I'll gladly take AMD.

It will be good if true for most gamers. As someone who is reading to move on to 4k gaming though, I think I am willing to invest in the 2080 ti personally. Last life cycle was 2 years long... this one will probably be 3 years... so might as well invest...

New RTX line raised the price bar up to 3x times. That’s the fact everyone should put up with. Pascal showed is that they won’t be any cheaper even at the end of their life.

Third - there’s CROWDS of dumb idiots willing to spend thousands of $ for a new hardware - they don’t count their funds, they just spend all they have until being completely milked out. You might think its not the case - like, everyone here knows its complete ripoff and won’t buy new rtx... But think it over: how many people sit on this forum? And how many just bought 2080/ti for the last month? That’s it..

As for me - I live in totally broke country (not without help of another two; I won’t call’em here, But I must admit both of them are huge, and one speaks russian, another english), we have totally screwed up economics and income-expenses ratio - plus nauseous allaround royal battles and 2080 Ti/9900k prices...that completely bans PC gaming for me - the thing I wouldn’t imagine myself 3-5 years ago.

Back then, I could built an entirely new top-tier PC each year+alot of interesting videogames made sence in all this. Now I don’t have fun at all, funds requested are insane and not easily earned.

System Name Fujitsu Siemens, HP Workstation
Processor Athlon x2 5000+ 3.1GHz, i5 2400
Motherboard Asus
Memory 4GB Samsung
Video Card(s) rx 460 4gb
Storage 750 Evo 250 +2tb
Display(s) Asus 1680x1050 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) Pioneer
Power Supply 430W
Mouse Acme
Keyboard Trust
wait when there will be game who is made in machine level. no need to waist money on useless thing who don't make income.

System Name SALTY
Processor A10-5800K
Motherboard A75
Cooling Air
Memory 10Gig DDR133
Video Card(s) HD 7660D
Storage HDD
Display(s) 4k HDR TV
Power Supply 320 Watt
New RTX line raised the price bar up to 3x times. That’s the fact everyone should put up with. Pascal showed is that they won’t be any cheaper even at the end of their life.

Third - there’s CROWDS of dumb idiots willing to spend thousands of $ for a new hardware - they don’t count their funds, they just spend all they have until being completely milked out. You might think its not the case - like, everyone here knows its complete ripoff and won’t buy new rtx... But think it over: how many people sit on this forum? And how many just bought 2080/ti for the last month? That’s it..

As for me - I live in totally broke country (not without help of another two; I won’t call’em here, But I must admit both of them are huge, and one speaks russian, another english), we have totally screwed up economics and income-expenses ratio - plus nauseous allaround royal battles and 2080 Ti/9900k prices...that completely bans PC gaming for me - the thing I wouldn’t imagine myself 3-5 years ago.

Back then, I could built an entirely new top-tier PC each year+alot of interesting videogames made sence in all this. Now I don’t have fun at all, funds requested are insane and not easily earned.

I think the older we get, the more we realize, we don't really need most of this over hyped stuff anyway, it's all to do with marketing and profit margins.

How many people live on credit these days ? or even rely on credit.

PC hardware prices are what pushed me to decide, Xbox One X for my main gamming and cheap secondhand PC to mess around on.

Like i have said before if I don't buy high end stuff i can't be disappointed with what i have or get buyers remorse, which I have had many times in the past lol

With the speed at which tech evolves New PC hardware soon becomes old or classed as old, so throwing money at high end hardware is the biggest waste of money I can think of for my needs, I can understand if it's purely business use but just to play games or stay on top to have the latest tech is a share holders wet dream lol

Last edited:
System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
The PC hardware market is getting really ridiculous. Im looking at prices for the 2080 strix and just for the card it's $869. Ok. That's fine. Taxes make it $930. What? You kidding me?

Then I go and look at the Asus Strix (and some other non Asus cards) and the 1080ti's are just as much if not more expensive than a 2080Ti or you straight up cant find one brand new.

I need a new GPU but not this badly. Why is it so hard to find a 1080Ti STRIX card that is under $1000? Bitcoin isnt the reason for the high prices anymore.

Go to EVGA b-stock

You get a 1 year warranty to ensure no damage & the 1070 is $320 or so, 1080 is around $430, same warranty ,1080ti is $600 or so

System Name Graphics Card Free...
Processor Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX Wifi
Cooling Cryorig M9a w/ BeQuiet! PureWings 2 ~ 92mm
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200 ~ 16GB(2x8GB)
Storage Samsung EVO 870 SSD - 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2
Case Cardboard...
Power Supply eVGA SuperNova 550w G3
Mouse Logitech t400 Zone Touch Mouse
Keyboard IBM Model "M" Keyboard
Software Manjaro ~ KDE Plasma
Benchmark Scores She's a Runner!
I think the older we get, the more we realize, we don't really need most of this over hyped stuff anyway, it's all to do with marketing and profit margins.

There are a ton of GTX 1070's on ebay. A quick glance tells me they're going for about $225 on average...seems like a decent enough deal. Are there "needs" that people have that require you purchase more graphical power than the GTX 1070 can provide? I've survived just fine on a VEGA 8 for the last 3 months and my "upgrade" that is coming is an R9 280x.

From my perspective...I rather buy used and get a decent deal if nVidia isn't even attempting to price these new cards at something that doesn't outright seem like a ripoff. Although...in my 50 years...I've seen plenty of people justifying any type of purchase. I'd never stand in the way of someone doing so either...they can get rather ugly...quick.

I agree with Salty on the matter. I used to be able to buy whatever I want, whenever I wanted to...often later realizing I didn't actually need to purchase something so expensive other than the "I want the latest and greatest and I want it now" factor.

I'm actually quite thankful for being poor...it allowed me to separate my wants from my needs...and understand the difference.

Oh wait...I'm on a tech enthusiast site...2080ti's for everyone, the cost be damned.

:),

Liquid Cool

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (Covered with Cooler Master MasterGel Pro)
Motherboard ASRock B450 Steel Legend, BIOS Version: 8.01 [Beta]
Cooling Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML120L V2 RGB, 5x Galax Vortex Wind-02 (3xFront Intake, 2x Top exhaust)
Memory Kingston FURY Beast RGB 3600 MT/s 32 GB (8 GB x4), (KF436C17BBA/8)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Dual OC
Storage Kingston NV2 1 TB
Display(s) MSI PRO M251 (HDMI), Running @104 Hz
Case Cooler Master MasterBox MB520
Audio Device(s) HP H360G USB
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE 550 80+ White
Mouse HP G200 Black
Keyboard Redragon MITRA K551-1 RGB
Software Windows 11 Home
The reason for the high prices is completely due to the lack of any serious competition from AMD. Until they get their act together like they did for CPUs and start competing properly head-on, NVIDIA and retailers can afford to take the piss.

This annoys the hell out of me, too. For the last few generations I'd been buying the top end cards, eg GTX 580, GTX 780 Ti and GTX 1080 (before the Ti came out) each time with those cards becoming more expensive. Now the 2080 Ti's price is stratospheric and completely ridiculous. I can appreciate that some price inflation could occur if the GPU is expensive to make with lowish yields, but at well over a grand for one is ridiculous and has priced it out of my reach, which has really annoyed me.
AMD should move their asses in a serious way , they should impact NVIDIA's GPU's like they did to Intel's CPU's with the Ryzen , we need a REAL performance/price fight , AMD should stop NVIDIA's monopolism.
If AMD didn't stop NVIDIA's monopolism , who will do it ? we will keep seeing those silly GPU's prices increasing every year with every new gen.

Last edited:
System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Audio Device(s) on board
:) My newest (to me) Graphics Card cost me £10 (free delivery) and i'm happy with it

I've always been pretty lucky, with a decent network of friends in the community , & acquiring very gently used video cards at a reasonable price has never been much of an issue. Just post that I am looking, and a day or two later, I get several replies all of which are mostly very reasonable. And the street goes both ways ,otherwise it doesn't work. When you're looking to sell yours ,and you've taken good care of it ,you let it go at a very reasonable price (not the price that it's worth to you), but the price its worth to your friend/buyer, & the cycle continues

System Name SALTY
Processor A10-5800K
Motherboard A75
Cooling Air
Memory 10Gig DDR133
Video Card(s) HD 7660D
Storage HDD
Display(s) 4k HDR TV
Power Supply 320 Watt
I'd never stand in the way of someone doing so either...they can get rather ugly...quick.

yeah to true, I been on the wrong end of those type of people in the past, just for saying about price lol, next thing they all gang up on ya doing there best to belittle anything you say, some are probs shrills maybe?, then some years later you see same people moaning about prices lol i cant help but think of a certain website forum that's full of those type of people, although I shall not name the site lol

I bet the share holders are rubbing their hands Vigorously

Last edited:
Processor i7-11700K
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Audio Device(s) on board
On newegg.com, 1080 BNIB prices are in the low $400's. no refurb, or open box crap, just new retail.

id link it, but for some reason, anything i link is disappearing.

i say we should be thankful RAM prices have finally dropped. 2x4Gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4 is now under $70.

Last edited:

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
This notion that competition drives prices down it's just not true, never has been. Look at Intel, did you see any price drop ever since Zen hit market ? I didn't, moreover with every new launch since then their consumer flagships got more expensive. Or take the smartphone industry, the competition there is absurdly high, yet what do you know, 1000$ phones are a thing. What competition really does as seen with Intel, is that it drives technological advancement mostly.

This isn't true at all if you exclude the flagships. Sure, the prices for Intel chips didn't go down when Zen launched, but what you got for your money from Intel definitely went up in the mainstream segment, and even some of the HEDT. Before Zen hit one of Intel's biggest selling enthusiast processors was the 7600K, a 4GHz Quad-Core with no HT. It was selling for $240. Then Zen hit, and Intel brings out the 8350K, a 4GHz Quad-Core with no HT for $180. Same with the 7700K, it was selling at $340 before Zen. After Zen we got the 8700K, with two more cores and higher clock speeds for basically the same price. And we also got the 8600K which is a 6-Core with no HT for basically the same price as what we were paying for the 7600K with 2 less cores before Zen.

The flagship outliers are a different story, and always have been. But the fact is competition definitely brings down the prices in most areas, and has brought down Intel's prices and changed what you get for your money. I have no doubt that we would still be paying $350 for Quad-Cores with HT if it wasn't for AMD coming out with Zen.

Last edited:

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
AMD should move their asses in a serious way , they should impact NVIDIA's GPU's like they did to Intel's CPU's with the Ryzen , we need a REAL performance/price fight , AMD should stop NVIDIA's monopolism.
If AMD didn't stop NVIDIA's monopolism , who will do it ? we will keep seeing those silly GPU's prices increasing every year with every new gen.
Yeah, exactly. If AMD don't fill the vacuum, then Intel will. Remember those stories a while back about Intel hiring graphics talent and speculation about them getting into graphics? No way are Intel gonna leave all that money on the table if AMD can't step up to the plate.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
AMD can step up to the plate and they have. I think many are undervaluing what AMD has. I agree, they don't have a 1080ti or 2080ti performance but they have close to 1080 performance with VEGA. Only issue is price and that is starting to come down. If rumors about NAVI are true ($300 for 1080 performance) then I don't see the problem.

MiguelElToro

My Goodness. These posts are from 2 years ago? I am just now looking into building a pc, and I thought this GPU drought was a recent issue.

What the hell am I going to do? GPUs are 2 and 3 times what they were last year, according to my research.

Dayum!

System Name ATLAS
Processor Intel Core i7-4770 (4C/8T) Haswell
Motherboard GA-Z87X-UD5H , Dual Intel LAN, 10x SATA, 16x Power phace.
Cooling ProlimaTech Armageddon - Dual GELID 140 Silent PWM
Memory Mushkin Blackline DDR3 2400 997123F 16GB
Video Card(s) MSI GTX1060 OC 6GB (single fan) Micron
Storage WD Raptors 73Gb - Raid1 10.000rpm
Display(s) DELL U2311H
Case HEC Compucase CI-6919 Full tower (2003) moded .. hec-group.com.tw
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Music + mods, Audigy front Panel - YAMAHA quad speakers with Sub.
Power Supply HPU-4M780-PE refurbished 23-3-2022
Mouse MS Pro IntelliMouse 16.000 Dpi Pixart Paw 3389
Keyboard Microsoft Wired 600
Software Win 7 Pro x64 ( Retail Box ) for EU
What the hell am I going to do? GPUs are 2 and 3 times what they were last year, according to my research.

Dayum!

How about starting a new research about getting a job.
Alternatively star a new research about finding a sponsor.
In the end of the day we the idiots we do sacrifice other enjoyments so to be able to enjoy recent technology, and most of as we have a job.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Ahhhh. More words of wisdom from our resident troll. I feel on the path of enlightenment already....

@MiguelElToro -- Go start your own thread making sure you include some requirements. Sometimes people go big just because they think they need to but in reality they dont... Same thing with power supplies. Not everyone needs to run a 1300watt power supply. 80% of people can easily scrape by with a good 500-650watt unit.

I just have to chime in. It strikes a chord when news come out that more than half the manufacturing cost of consoles is due to ram. It is terribly expensive these days.

freeagent

Staff member
System Name Altered Beast
Processor AMD R9 5900X/5800X3D
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850X 2TB, SN850 1TB, SN770 1TB - Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750w G+, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
How about starting a new research about getting a job.
That’s a pretty shitty thing to say to someone you don’t know. If this was my site I would permaban your ass.

You also need some friends, your within two decades of suicide.

Processor i7-3770K
Motherboard Biostar Hi-Fi Z77
Cooling Swiftech H20 (w/Custom External Rad Enclosure)
Memory 16GB DDR3-2400Mhz
Video Card(s) Alienware GTX 1070
Storage 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
Display(s) 32" LG 1440p
Case Cooler Master 690 (w/Mods)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair 750-TX
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard G. Skill Mechanical
Software Windows 10 (X64)
It would have been a better idea to create a new post of your own, in order to complain, rather than necroposting here.

System Name Yin/Yang
Processor Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard msi mag x570 tomahawk
Cooling CoolerMaster ML240V2 / asiahorse fs9002 120mm fans
Memory 2 x 16gb g.skill trident z neo 3600
Video Card(s) msi gaming X 2070 super 8gb
Storage 1tb sabrent rocket nvme / 1tb samsung evo 860 sata ssd / 3tb Toshiba hdd
Display(s) lg ultragear 2560x1440 144hz 1ms 27"ips
Case nzxt h510i
Audio Device(s) logitech g635 / creative sound blaster
Power Supply evga supernova 750ga 80 plus gold
Mouse logitech g402 hyperion fury
Keyboard corsair k55
So by "absurd gpu prices" you essentially mean absurd nvidia prices.

Yeah, it's unfortunate AMD (or anyone else) doesn't have anything current gen to compete with Nvidia's top of the line cards. It's looking fairly safe to say that AMD will close the gap in the mid-high range department next gen with big navi. Between the nvidia 12 pin power nonsense and other stuff mentioned by moore's law is dead here:

things are looking more promising for AMD and less promising for nvidia in the near future. Even if AMD can't match nvidia's top end flagship gpu next gen, as long as they keep getting closer and continuing to be more consumer friendly, then nvidia's arrogance will eventually catch up with them. I wouldn't be at all surprised if in the next couple of years AMD pisses all over nvidia's yard and becomes the new top dog on the market (exactly like they did with intel)

Maybe it's still not too late to get rich off some of that juicy AMD stock ;)

System Name ASUS Z97-PRO Gamer
Processor Intel Core i7-4790K (Delidded) with Rockit 88 100% Copper IHS
Motherboard ASUS Z97-PRO Gamer
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB (8GB x4) GSkill TridentX DDR3 2400 (XMP Mode #1) Timings: 10-12-12-31
Video Card(s) EVGA 1070 FTW + ACX 3.0 (8GB GDDR5)
Storage 512GB Samsung 970 PRO (NVMe), 2TB WD Gold WD2005FBYZ-01YCBB1 SATA-3 Data drive
Display(s) LG 27UL500-W 27-Inch UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS Monitor with Radeon Freesync Technology and HDR10, White
Case Fractal Design Define R5 (Black, no Window)
Audio Device(s) Onboard Optical (TOSLINK) from MB to VIZIO soundbar
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 650
Mouse Logitech M215
Keyboard Logitech K330
Software Windows 10 Pro Secured by Emsisoft Internet Security & Malwarebytes Premium Version 3
Benchmark Scores http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/2157372
I agree the pricing is absurd & for more than one reason. Back in 2016, purchased a EVGA GTX 1070 FTW (8GB GDDR5) for $429.99 shipped.

Since then, while there's been lots more memory of a more expensive type (GDDR6 or HBR2) added, as well as more bandwidth & wider bus, the old HDMI 2.0(b) & Displayport are the same as at least with the GTX 1000 lineup, maybe further back.

Why buy another & far more expensive card that doesn't meet the need? Am not a gamer, rather a video enthusiast & both are whom GPU's are for. However, the OEM's has seemed to have forgotten the latter group. Many of which now owns HDMI 2.1 TV's, this also includes the eARC feature. Imagine being able to do what one wants, at 120 Hz, on an HDMI port!

No, am not paying these high prices for basically what's owned for my purpose. Make the video standards up to date (this is a new decade) & maybe I'll think about it. Used to be, the GPU OEM's did a decent job of staying current with consumer video standards, obviously this is no longer a 1080p world. One can go to most any retail store & get a 4K TV for a few more dollars (sometimes less if on promo), plus next gen over the air viewing is on the way (some owners will get this by firmware update).

Again, the GPU OEM's seems to market their cards towards gamers, leaving what would be to them minor features out which would bring in more sales. HDMI 2.1 has a 48 Gbps bandwidth & Displayport 2.0 will have close to 78 Gbps. A portion of all of those memory chips in these cards could be put to those who loves video, like movies, a lot of which are available from the PC. While not the only source, still there's lots of apps/Web content for 4K at 120 Hz, and for some, 8K (due to limited content over the air or cable/satellite channels).

Why not make a card for everyone to enjoy.....after all, it's video! :clap:

Cat

I have an EVGA RTX 2080 Black Edition, it was expensive but I have a 4K60 panel so I needed the performance.

Now I see 4K120 panels are coming into the market but I am looking more at 8K when it surfaces.