• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Acer Offers New Premium Aspire Notebook PCs to U.S. Customers

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
Acer America, part of the world's third largest PC company, today announced U.S. availability of the Aspire 3935-6504, a thin-and-light notebook series which combines distinctive style with cutting-edge technologies, and the Aspire 8935, the next generation in the highly-touted series of large-screen Gemstone notebook PCs.

Acer Aspire 3935-6504: Mobility and Functionality in a Sleek Design
For consumers who seek ultra-slim, ultra-light elegant notebook styling with dynamic HD entertainment functionality, the Aspire 3935-6504 features a 13.3-inch frameless, widescreen CineCrystal LED display. The edge-to-edge LED backlit technology design has 1366x768 pixel resolution and 16:9 aspect ratio, for increased visual quality in low-light situations and for efficiently depicting bright, lifelike HD images.

The full-featured notebook PC is less than one-inch thick and is housed in a rich, golden brown brushed metal chassis that weighs only 4.18 pounds. The Aspire 3935-6504 utilizes unique design elements including the Acer FineTip full-size keyboard with large key caps and increased key gaps for an effortless typing experience, along with touch-sensitive hotkeys for easy access to frequently used functions. Users can conveniently back-up important data in one touch via the Back-up Button, while a single touch to the Acer SmartPower Button will save power to extend battery life.

For easy PC navigation, the Aspire 3935-6504 utilizes a Multi-Gesture Touchpad, where users can pinch, flick and swirl their fingers across the touchpad for intuitive navigation. It allows users to scroll, zoom in and out and flip through web pages, photos, spreadsheets and more. The notebook's touch-sensitive multimedia panel allows users instant control of entertainment features, including the Dolby-optimized surround sound system. When using an external mouse, users can engage the Touchpad Button to conveniently disable the touchpad with one push. For added security, the Aspire 3935-6504 features the Acer Bio-Protection fingerprint reader to prevent unauthorized users with just a swipe of a finger.

The Aspire 3935-6504 is equipped with Intel Core 2 Duo Processor technology, delivering significant power for demanding applications and digital media enjoyment. The Aspire 3935-6504 includes the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD graphics solution to deliver impressive HD imagery. It also offers up to 3GB of memory for speedy multitasking and a 250 GB hard drive for generous storage capacity for work and entertainment. The integrated Acer Crystal Eye webcam enables high-resolution video chats and the sharing of still photos.

Acer Aspire 3935-6504 Specifications
  • Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7350 (2.0 GHz, 3 MB L2 Cache, 1066 MHz FSB)
  • Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1
  • 13.3-inch HD Acer CineCrystal LED Display
  • Mobile Intel GM45 Express Chipset
  • 3072 MB DDR2 1066 MHz Memory
  • Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
  • 250 GB SATA Hard Drive
  • 8X DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive
  • Acer Crystal Eye Web Camera
  • 5-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader
  • Intel WiFi Link 5100 802.11a/g/Draft-N Wireless LAN
  • Acer Bio-Protection Fingerprint Solution
  • 3 - USB 2.0 Ports
  • Acer Touch-Sensitive Hotkeys
  • Convenience Buttons
  • 4-cell Li-ion Battery
  • 4.18 lbs.
  • 12.8" (W) x 1.0" (H) x 9.3" (D)
  • MSRP $899.99

In addition to Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1, the Aspire 3935-6504 comes with additional preinstalled software includes Acer Arcade Deluxe featuring Cinema, Album, Music and HomeMedia, eRecovery Management, Acer Launch Manager, Acer GameZone, Acer Video Conference Manager, Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash Player, Google Toolbar, Google Desktop, McAfee Internet Security Suite, NTI Media Maker, and Microsoft Works 9.0 with Office Home and Student 2007.

Aspire 3935-6504 Pricing and Availability
The Aspire 3935-6504 notebook PC is available now via Acer's authorized resellers and at major retailers nationwide, including J&R Music and Computer World, B&H, Beach Camera and e-tailers including Amazon.com, Newegg.com and TigerDirect.com, with prices beginning at $899.99. The Aspire 3935-6504 comes with a one-year limited warranty.

Aspire 8935G: Next-Generation Gemstone Notebook PCs available in June
Continuing the innovative, award-winning line of large-screen Gemstone multimedia notebook PCs, the Aspire 8935G offers the latest technology to provide superior computing power and innovative productivity and entertainment features. Equipped with Intel Core 2 Duo Processor technology and up to 4 GB of DDR3 memory - twice the speed of DDR2 - the Aspire Gemstone 8935G notebook ensures users faster, more efficient multitasking. The notebook will also feature up to 500 GB of generous hard disk drive storage capacity to hold important files, videos, photos and music. For increased storage options, the Aspire 8935G can accommodate dual hard disk drives for a maximum capacity of up to 1 TB.

Geared for multimedia enthusiasts, the Aspire 8935G gives users dynamic HD functionality for enjoying a wide range of entertainment applications. The notebook features an edge-to-edge, 18.4-inch HD CineCrystal widescreen 1920x1080 pixel display with a 16:9 aspect ratio for intense color and visual detail, ensuring multimedia playback in true 1080p format. Feature-rich high-definition entertainment is provided by Blu-ray Disc technology and Optimized 3rd Generation Dolby Home Theater audio with Acer Tuba CineBass amplifier, bringing a true cinematic experience for watching movies and playing games. The successful ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670 desktop graphics solution also makes its way into the flagship Gemstone notebook series, delivering intense visual fidelity and home-theater class audio.

The Aspire Gemstone 8935G notebook PC's sleek design elements begin with the glossy, sapphire blue Gemstone cover. The notebook houses a backlit keyboard and several one-touch productivity features for added PC ease including Multi-Gesture Touchpad with TouchPad Lock, Acer PowerSmart Button and Acer Back-up Button. For efficient and easy multimedia enjoyment, the Aspire 8935 utilizes Acer MediaTouch 2.0 for easy, one-finger volume and playback control. The Acer Bio-Protection fingerprint solution also ensures added security for personal files and settings.

Acer Aspire 8935G Specifications
  • Intel Core 2 Duo Processor technology
  • Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1
  • 18.4-inch Full HD Acer CineCrystal LED Display
  • ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670
  • 4X Blu-ray Disc Writer/DVD SuperMulti double-layer combo drive
  • Acer Crystal Eye Web Camera
  • 5-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader
  • Intel WiFi Link 5100 802.11a/g/Draft-N Wireless LAN
  • Acer Bio-Protection Fingerprint Solution
  • 4 - USB 2.0 Ports
  • Backlit Keyboard
  • Acer Touch-Sensitive Hotkeys
  • Convenience Buttons
  • 8-cell Li-ion Battery
  • 10.1 lbs.
  • 17.34" (W) x 1.73" (H) x 11.62" (D)

Aspire 8935G Pricing and Availability
The Aspire 8935G will be available for U.S. customers in June 2009. Further specifications and pricing will be available at a later date.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

K

kyle2020

I saw "Acer" and "Premium" in the title and lol'ed so hard. We had an acer laptop once - the build quality was pathetic, the desing was'nt the prettiest and its performance was lackluster.

Dont get me wrong, these do look quite nice, and the specs seem decent, but its Acer . . .

freaksavior

To infinity ... and beyond!
System Name ZeroUptime | M.A.S.S / MM1
Processor Xeon 2659 v3 / Xeon 2683 v4 / ARM A14
Motherboard Asus X99-E-10G WS / ASRock x99 usb 3.1 / Apple
Cooling NZXT Kraken / Noctua NH-L12 / Apple
Memory 16Gb DDR4 / 32Gb DDR4 / 16GB HBLM
Video Card(s) Powercooler ATI vega 64 / GT 7300 / ARM
Storage Samsung 970 512 Evo NVMe / A lot. / 256 + 512 External TB3
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 / Headless / Acer X34 Non predator
Case NZXT H630 |Rosewill 8bay 4u server chasiss / MMM1
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Onboard / Onboard
Power Supply Corais HX850 | Corsair TX750 / Internal 250w
Mouse g502 proteus core / Headless / g502 proteus core
Keyboard Corsair K95 Cherry Blue / Headless / K65 Cherry Red
Software Windows 10 / ESXI / Big Sur 11.2.2
I saw "Acer" and "Premium" in the title and lol'ed so hard. We had an acer laptop once - the build quality was pathetic, the desing was'nt the prettiest and its performance was lackluster.

Dont get me wrong, these do look quite nice, and the specs seem decent, but its Acer . . .

+1

iStink

System Name The beast
Processor E6600@ 3.4
Motherboard P5W DH Deluxe
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120
Memory 3GB G.Sill DDR2-800
Video Card(s) 8800GT @ 700/975
Storage (1)80GB With XP, (1) 320GB storage
Display(s) 205BW & 710N
Case XClio Windtunnel (I love it)
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Platinum
Power Supply OCZ gamerXStream 700W
I dunno. My mom's got an acer lappy, I didn't think it was all that bad for the price, and for what she uses it for she loves it.

Processor AMD 3700X
Motherboard MSI P55-GD80
Cooling Fractal Design Celsius S24
Memory 2x16gb Crucial e-die 3000MHZ
Video Card(s) MSI 3070 Trio
Display(s) Lenovo G27Q-20
Case Phantec P400
Audio Device(s) GSP370
Power Supply EVGA G3 750W
Mouse Corsair Harpoon Pro
VR HMD Rift

I've heard people saying they would only go Acer. And with those specs I fail to see how it would have lackluster performance, including reading reviews of the 18.4" model. I'd happily take the 8935g over my dell (i refuse to say it's model lol!).

Weer

System Name //////////////////////////////////////Crunching/Folding Builds\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Processor Q8400@ 4.0Ghz | Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz | E7300 @ 3.8Ghz | E5300 @ 4.3Ghz | E5300 @ 3.9Ghz | E2180 @ 2.0Ghz |
Motherboard ASUS P5Q-E | Asus P5Q Pro | Gigabyte EG45-DS2H | Gigabyte EP35-DS3H | Gigabyte NV73 | E-Sonic P35-G
Cooling TRUE [Lapped] | TRUE | Thermalright SI-128 | Stock | Stock | Stock
Memory G.Skill 8192MB @ 1066Mhz | G.Skill 4096MB | OCZ 2048MB | G.Skill 2048MB | PNY 2048MB | OCZ 1024MB
Video Card(s) GTX 280 + 8800 GTS 512 | 9800 GX2 + 8800 GTS 512 | 6600 GT | 8800 GS | 9600 GSO 512
Storage G.Skill 64GB SSD (OS) | Segate 750GB [Downloads] | 5TB JBOD [Movies] | 3TB JBOD [Else] | 1.5TB [Ex]
Display(s) QUAD Monitors: Dell 2007FP [20"] + Dell 3007WFP-HC [30"] + Dell 2007FP [20"] | Dell 2407WFP-HC [24"]
Case Antec P190 | Antec Three-Hundred | Antec NSK2400 | Thermaltake Strike MX | HEC 6T10 | HEC 8K01
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer PCI + [Audiophile HD600] + [Creative G500 + Logitech X-530 = 10 speakers]
Power Supply OCZ 750w [62A] | OCZ 750w [62A] | Antec 380w [31A] | Antec 650w [54A] | OCZ 400w [33A] | GeN [20A]
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit + Windows XP 64-bit | Windows Vista SP2 64-bit | Windows 7 RTM 64-bit
Benchmark Scores ////////////////////////////////66,666 [Crunching] + 45,455 [Folding]\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Actually, comparing my Asus Eee 1000H to the Acer Aspire One.. I don't recognize many differences. It really is quite the netbook.

Woody112

System Name Woody's MBP
Processor 2.4 C2D
Cooling Frikin Air
Memory Munskin 2x2 gig 1066mhz
Video Card(s) 9400gt/9600gt W/512mb
Storage 1TB WD scorpio blue
Display(s) 15.4" on lapie/ 24" Acer P241w on the wall/ 52" LCD TV
Software OSX/ Win 7
Wow can we say that they drew inspiration from else were. Lets see multi touch mouse pad, Slim metal body, even the screen is identical. I'm sure apple isn't going to be happy about this. So now they just designed a windows version pc of the new unibody macbook pro. Good job acer your so innovative.:rolleyes:

Nkd

Wow can we say that they drew inspiration from else were. Lets see multi touch mouse pad, Slim metal body, even the screen is identical. I'm sure apple isn't going to be happy about this. So now they just designed a windows version pc of the new unibody macbook pro. Good job acer your so innovative.:rolleyes:

common, do we really have to compare everything to apple, no offense but the only mac I would by is mac mini, everything else is nothing but overpriced, yes they are beautiful but that does not mean that everything is a copy of apple, so their screen looks something similar other than that it looks nothing like an apple, sorry it is pointless to compare everything to apple, apple is a different category of products, it is not really necessary to compare them to an average pc, if same laptop had an apple stamp you would be paying a 500 dollar premium on it.

Woody112

System Name Woody's MBP
Processor 2.4 C2D
Cooling Frikin Air
Software OSX/ Win 7
common, do we really have to compare everything to apple, no offense but the only mac I would by is mac mini, everything else is nothing but overpriced, yes they are beautiful but that does not mean that everything is a copy of apple, so their screen looks something similar other than that it looks nothing like an apple, sorry it is pointless to compare everything to apple, apple is a different category of products, it is not really necessary to compare them to an average pc, if same laptop had an apple stamp you would be paying a 500 dollar premium on it.

I'm not trying to talk apple up, I was simply stating the obvious, that they are a coping their tech. I am by no means comparing everything to apple. I do believe out of the 300+ posts I have with TPU this would be the first time I've compared products. So please excuse me for stating the obvious. Now for the obvious, Lets see who else has a multi touch track pad? I give you a second to think!!!!!!!!! ok times up, no one.:rolleyes: Who was the first to implement the back lit LED display. I'll give ya another second to think about it!!!! times up again apple.
It is extreamly obvious they are trying to offer the same features as a MBP, with the lastest tech currently only available to windows.
So yes I paid a price premimum for inovative tech that apple rearched and developed, and they are trying to recoupe those cost by charging more. Then you have a knock off company "ACER" reverse engineered the MB and implemented it into their own product.
I have no problems with this, such is business. However I do have a problem when people troll my post and try to make me look like a fanboy.

Nkd

I'm not trying to talk apple up, I was simply stating the obvious, that they are a coping their tech. I am by no means comparing everything to apple. I do believe out of the 300+ posts I have with TPU this would be the first time I've compared products. So please excuse me for stating the obvious. Now for the obvious, Lets see who else has a multi touch track pad? I give you a second to think!!!!!!!!! ok times up, no one.:rolleyes: Who was the first to implement the back lit LED display. I'll give ya another second to think about it!!!! times up again apple.
It is extreamly obvious they are trying to offer the same features as a MBP, with the lastest tech currently only available to windows.
So yes I paid a price premimum for inovative tech that apple rearched and developed, and they are trying to recoupe those cost by charging more. Then you have a knock off company "ACER" reverse engineered the MB and implemented it into their own product.
I have no problems with this, such is business. However I do have a problem when people troll my post and try to make me look like a fanboy.

na man I am not trying to make you look like a fanboy, we all have our opinions, it is just that I hate when everything gets compared to apple, I would by a macbook or macbook pro anyday, but it is hard to justify the price tag when you can get something equally similar or better for 500 or more less.

Woody112

System Name Woody's MBP
Processor 2.4 C2D
Cooling Frikin Air
Software OSX/ Win 7
It's all good, didn't mean to come across that harsh now that I read it again. :toast:
At the time I bought this MBP. I went through two other laptops inside of about 3 weeks. One would randomly shut down. The other just turned out to be a POS. Honestly the only other mac's I've owned till now is a old green screen back in 88. Then a note book back in 93 or 94 I think. Grey scale display, 400mb hdd. Then I graduated to a thinkpad 133mhz pentium, 1gb hdd, 24mb mem. LOL Never had a apple till now. Guess I'm more pissed that the acer above has blue ray and I don't.:ohwell:

This matter of companies "copying" Apple have some merit and other times it's a mere case of rantings by fanboys. This appears to be the latter. The issue with companies offering LED panels now after Apple is because LED mfg. costs have come down making it more mainstream and affordable (it still cost more than non-LED panels).
Apple could get away with being the first because they can charge more for it and people are willing to pay for it. Yes Apple innovated multitouch (by acquiring another company that developed the tech, beating MS at their own game).

"So yes I paid a price premimum for inovative tech that apple rearched and developed, and they are trying to recoupe those cost by charging more. " true but they didn't invent LED backlit displays lol, merely the first for using it and thus the premium pricing that comes with it justifiably so. But in time, bleeding edge tech has a way of getting cheaper and more accessible and the Acer is just one example.

Processor AMD 3700X
Motherboard MSI P55-GD80
Cooling Fractal Design Celsius S24
Memory 2x16gb Crucial e-die 3000MHZ
Video Card(s) MSI 3070 Trio
Display(s) Lenovo G27Q-20
Case Phantec P400
Audio Device(s) GSP370
Power Supply EVGA G3 750W
Mouse Corsair Harpoon Pro
VR HMD Rift

Johnytxtc

I work for a small indie retailer and we're on first name terms with the DHL driver cos we have had to return so many faulty acers. 3 this week!!, we're only a very small store in a seaside town.