• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Acer Predator Talos DDR4-3600 MHz CL18 4x8 GB

Black Haru

Staff member
Acer is back, this time with a matching pair of new memory in their Predator line. The Predator Talos feature a hefty heatsink paired with bold white accents for a sleek, performant, and RGB-free kit. This spec of the Talos features a competitive 3600 MHz XMP profile.

Show full review

would make sense if it was cheap, but CL16 Ballistix costs less. especially since Acer doesn't offer anything worthy in terms of style and this logo is straight up gaudy.

Unless you have DDR 4 PC3600 CL14 OR CL15 you are most likely throwing your money away.

I have again G.Skill Flare PC3200 CL 14 on my rig. It almost equals/equals DDR 4 PC3600 CL16 in most applications.
And yes there are YouTube videos on this subject.

If you already have PC3200 CL 14 Ram IMHO it will be better to get more ram. PC3200 CL 16 or higher CL then you might want to think about upgrading to DDR 4 PC3600 CL16.

I'm thinking of 64 Gigs of ram from 32Gigs, since I've got slots left on my X570 motherboard. And yea I can overclock my ram but I rather have everything run smoothly. It makes things easier when I have to trouble shoot my rigs, which is almost zero. They just hum along quietly.

There is a reason WHY there is and has been a very large difference in Ram Pricing between CL 14 and CL 16 in Ram. It does affect the overall performance of what you buy.

Again this is a marketing gimmick by the Manufactures as they promote only one type of performance numbers. CHECK you CL rating before buying your ram.

Yea I know many of you in this site is tech savvy so this info is for novices trying to information on this.