• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Activision Blizzard Pulls Out of NVIDIA GeForce Now Game Streaming Service

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
NVIDIA recently launched its GeForce Now game streaming service, where you could stream any game from your digital library on some capable hardware. However, it seems that the service is not receiving good acceptance from some game makers, specifically Activision Blizzard. In a surprising turn of events, Activision Blizzard has pulled out its entire game library from the GeForce Now game streaming service. Being a provider of many popular titles like Call of Duty series, Overwatch, World of Warcraft, etc. this makes a big blow to the GeForce Now service.

Underlying reasons for this move are unknown. Activision Blizzard has been a part of the GeForce Now Beta program, with its games being readily available. What made them pull out now, when the streaming service began operating just a few days ago, is the possibility that Activision Blizzard seeks more profits. Some speculations indicate that they are switching the streaming platforms or making their own. The sheer size of players utilizing Activision Blizzard games is astonishing, and if they decide to make their service, it could turn out to be very profitable.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard X570 I Aorus Pro
Cooling Deepcool AG400
Memory HyperX Fury 2 x 8GB 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) RX 470 Nitro+ 4GB
Storage SX8200 Pro 512 / NV2 512
Display(s) 24G2U
Case NR200P
Power Supply Ion SFX 650
Mouse G703
Keyboard Keychron V1 (Akko Matcha Green) / Apex m500 (gateron milky yellow)
Software W10
Maybe that YouTube deal has to do something with this as well. Youtube -> Google -> Stadia... perhaps.

System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110
In the name of PROFIT, money money money, yet quality of the product is somewhat subpar these days blizzard

System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
This is great news. I don't like these game streaming services. The thought of monthly subscriptions? No Thanks

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
This is great news. I don't like these game streaming services. The thought of monthly subscriptions? No Thanks

If you could pay $5-20 a month and have access to a library of well over 300 games at no extra cost unlike the stadia. That's actually quite an amazing thing.

Whats not amazing is is when you have to pay for the service then pay for every single game you want to play with access to a library that has way less than 300 games and even their platform exclusives aren't that great and run like shit.

By your opinion. You probably think that services like Hulu, HBO and netflix are bad too because you gotta pay a monthly subscription fee to have access to their library.

Your comment comes off as quite selfish, hypocrital and short sighted seeing as you're probably subscribed to some service which you pay monthly for access to... This could be a mobile phone contract, a telephone or Internet service.

You might not like the service, but nobody says you have to buy into it or even like it. But wishing bad on it while its a great deal in itself because you don't like the it just makes you seem narrow minded, grumpy and salty as hell like you got burnt by a similar service in the past so you gotta hate on every pay monthly streaming service

Last edited:
System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
If you could pay $5-20 a month and have access to a library of well over 300 games at no extra cost unlike the stadia. That's actually quite an amazing thing.

Whats not amazing is is when you have to pay for the service then pay for every single game you want to play with access to a library that has way less than 300 games and even their platform exclusives aren't that great and run like shit.

By your opinion. You probably think that services like Hulu, HBO and netflix are bad too because you gotta pay a monthly subscription fee to have access to their library.

Your comment comes off as quite selfish, hypocrital and short sighted seeing as you're probably subscribed to some service which you pay monthly for access to... This could be a mobile phone contract, a telephone or Internet service.
I'm subscribed with Netflix and Amazon Prime. I have no issue with watching movies and TV shows.

Anyhow I don't like gaming streaming services and yes its my opinion that I don't like it. How's that being selfish? :laugh:

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Anyhow I don't like gaming streaming services and yes its my opinion that I don't like it. How's that being selfish? :laugh:

Because you're wishing for the platform to offer less player choice for people who might actually want to use the service. You're kind of projecting that "I don't like this service, so I don't want others to like it too" kind of ethos. That's kinda selfish

So you're subbed to netflix and amazon prime but video streaming is okay? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Smh

::EDIT::

Your opinion is that "I dont like gaming streaming services" - thats fine but you were like "THATS FINE" -- Like "great, i hope they choke on it too"

or

Me: "My friend has cancer..."
You: "This is GREAT NEWS, because i dont like him, but cancer bad yes. cancer very bad..."

Its like you're wishing ill will on someone because you personally dont like them because of one reason for another, maybe it was because the style of his hair, but at the same time the same guy ran marathons in aid of and raised money for loads of charities.

-- You might not be what i said you were above, but you are most definitely petty - Petty was the word i was looking for but i was half asleep.

Last edited:
You said you use Netflix, so you're actually not against subscriptions.
So do you tolerate Xbox Game Pass and PlayStation Now?

System Name If you name your systems, get a boy/girlfriend...
Processor i7 4770k
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Formula
Cooling Custom waterloop around Black Ice GTX 360
Memory 16GB DDR3
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 FE
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
Case HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Windows 10 x64
It's always the customer that suffers in the end.

If it works like anything of their "own" then its pretty much stillborn. :D Acti-Blizz is monster company, but also completely useless these days.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Its a shame, all these companies occasionally making a landgrab for part of the gaming ecosystem.

exclusivity is balls, selection rules ,more choices was one of the stated goals of these types of streaming platforms, Lets open up gaming to the masses they say.

then butt f~~# the whole ideology with walls here and there ,very few games working anyway(comparatively)

AND SOME GAMES GOING MISSING, this is not isolated though, Geforce now is not to blame to be clear , its clearly the publishers being arsey and greedy but im not buying it.

yet another dev in epics book imho ,- I no BUY.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
Well Blizzard might be looking to make Battlenet more exclusive to get their media. Like begets like so we may even see them try to get into distribution too.

System Name Unimatrix
Processor Intel i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz
Motherboard ASRock x390 Taichi Ultimate
Cooling Custom Loop
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ RGB DDR4 @ 3400MHz 14-14-14-32
Video Card(s) EVGA 2080 with Heatkiller Water Block
Storage 2x Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD in RAID 0, 1x WD Blue 1TB M.2 SSD
Display(s) Alienware 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440
Case CoolerMaster P500M Mesh
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
Keyboard Corsair K75
Benchmark Scores Really Really High
People should understand that Activision/Blizzard is no longer a consumer friendly company. We need to stop buying their stuff. Let the company die and a new one take their place.

GeforceNow is actually free. Please do some research before making comments.

When I first heard about Geforce Now, I was like yay....another streaming service to pay for. :wtf:

But after looking into them more. It's a pretty interesting idea compared to others. I can import my current game libraries from steam and play them on any device. That alone is a cool feature. If I can import a majority of my games from different companies like Steam and play them on any pc or mobile device. This isn't a bad idea at all. If anything everyone should have done this idea with the streaming service. I want all of my games from every launcher to be tied into one streaming service. I have one single sign on after linking up my accounts and access to all games that I own. That alone makes $5 dollars worth it for me. The real problem with my idea is getting other companies on board. They all want money. They are companies.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
When I first heard about Geforce Now, I was like yay....another streaming service to pay for. :wtf:

But after looking into them more. It's a pretty interesting idea compared to others. I can import my current game libraries from steam and play them on any device. That alone is a cool feature. If I can import a majority of my games from different companies like Steam and play them on any pc or mobile device. This isn't a bad idea at all. If anything everyone should have done this idea with the streaming service. I want all of my games from every launcher to be tied into one streaming service. I have one single sign on after linking up my accounts and access to all games that I own. That alone makes $5 dollars worth it for me. The real problem with my idea is getting other companies on board. They all want money. They are companies.
Dude ,read the OP , your point is fine but it is in juxtaposition with reality as this thread shows , devs are removing the ability to play some games ON THIS platform ,much like other similar platforms are limited so pay what you want to whoever you want, but your utopia wont exist and anyway geforce now did not support even a third of my game collection, two thirds of what i own would not work NOW.

Huang is going to need another meme because it never just worked, ever.

and my experience on games that did, wasn't stellar and I went easy on it ie witcher3 a GameWorks game etc.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Actually I do.

Individually they have something decent to offer, together they will burn a hole in your wallet. Soon your entertainment costs will be over $200 a month. As Gamer, it was hard enough to maintain subscription to several MMOs, so when income gets tight it becomes hard to choose. If every major game publisher, Tom, Dick and Sally creates a streaming service and they all decide to not support other publishers games, we're back to the hole in the wallet just to play our favorite games.

You gotta ask, why cant they all just get along. If Blizzard is crying about profits from NOW platform, and Nvidia complies with those demands, the cost of the service goes from $5 to $12 or more, now lets say Epic games joins NOW and it wants bigger profits too(assume they dont make a streaming service ), now the whole scenario gets worse for the gamers wallet.

Too many subscription platforms will result in failure for someone.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Game streaming, pfffttt.

This concept was around in the 90s with Sega Channel.

Id rather the game be localized than fed over a connection that can be unstable at times and that goes across the entire spectrum of internet service

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
$60 for cable then $15 for Netflix, $15 for HBO Go, $15 for Disney+ and then an Amazon prime acct for streaming + whatever game pass ($15) + GeforceNow $5 or whatever cloud provider you use and after fees and taxes you're north of $150 a month just for games + movies.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
$60 for cable then $15 for Netflix, $15 for HBO Go, $15 for Disney+ and then an Amazon prime acct for streaming + whatever game pass ($15) + GeforceNow $5 or whatever cloud provider you use and after fees and taxes you're north of $150 a month just for games + movies.
Crapcast/Xfinity now charges $65 for 100Mbps service.

D

Deleted member 158293

Game streaming, pfffttt.

This concept was around in the 90s with Sega Channel.

Id rather the game be localized than fed over a connection that can be unstable at times and that goes across the entire spectrum of internet service

As do I, but the amount of resources being committed by the gaming industry backbone companies to streaming is signaling they are moving the industry to streaming over the next decade or so with promises of more consistent money to game studio developers.

Will bookmark this post to see if I was right in about 10 years.

Good news for almost everybody. hoping more options available would make more competitive prices
Nvidia probably wanted to share too little profit with Activition

You might not like the service, but nobody says you have to buy into it or even like it. But wishing bad on it while its a great deal in itself because you don't like the it just makes you seem narrow minded, grumpy and salty as hell like you got burnt by a similar service in the past so you gotta hate on every pay monthly streaming service
What about people who already have 300 games or people who plays only 1, 2 or 3 games? What are their options?

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
As do I, but the amount of resources being committed by the gaming industry backbone companies to streaming is signaling they are moving the industry to streaming over the next decade or so with promises of more consistent money to game studio developers.

Will bookmark this post to see if I was right in about 10 years.

I wont partake in this

Hmmm... based on Activision-Blizzard's piss poor decision-making as of late, I fully expect GeforceNow to become hugely successful in the next year.

Hmmm... based on Activision-Blizzard's piss poor decision-making as of late, I fully expect GeforceNow to become hugely successful in the next year.
They may earn a little, before people learn about the lag and the unplayeability
Only single player games may not feel horrible