1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

admin password?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by freeboy, Oct 21, 2007.

1. freeboy

Thanks Received:
    my repair windows install keeps failing due to "what is admin password" ?
    How do I either find it? It is my computer and Ia am the admin or change it? this is for disk D and It is booting from c...

2. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    press enter?

or type the pass of your user account if applicable.

10 Year Member at TPU More than 25k PPD
  3. freeboy

Thanks Received:
    ok mever had an admin password.. so I safe moded it, added one and the stupid xp instal/repair failed the repair AGAIN! I HATE XP! ok, where is my xista? lol
    Seriously this sucks, I cannot get my old system to work on the new board.. and the repair is failing ? an7y thoughts?

ok I think there are two passwords, one for each HD.. sucks as I cannot accexx the other drive in safe mode.. well thats the goal

4. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

:toast:

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. freeboy

Thanks Received:
    unfortunately that was written for sp1, did not see hole in sp2 still attemptingthe hal/dll fixtoo.. unfortunately not sure how to get into the non system Boot.ini files

6. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Try this . It should work on both NT and XP. Others I know have used it.

:toast:

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. freeboy

Thanks Received:
    well I was able to sneek my way in to the command line windows edit/repair by starting repair c then switching to a d prompt and messing with the hal.dll stuff. was able to boot several time in safe mode, but is still screwy and now fails with an Amd.LLD.sys error.. not sure what to do next, butseeing my system up with the D: drive, I think it needing to update all the drivers... but would not recognise the dvd drive.. still messing, lets see. at minimum wage in the US pretty soon I could have enough time in this bad upgrade to buy myself something pre build/ SIC!
    ok.. any windows experts out there?
    Goal to get the D drive stable, rading the dvd( e) and able to add drivers and see the correct intel chip.. could that be the amd.lld.sys crash?
    thanks again.
    fyi.. it is pretty cool editing hal... yet all I kept thinking last night was 2001
    also.. I can boot from C, if I need to..
    Is there a way to edit drivers for a non active system, ie while booted from xp home in C to edit drivers in xp home located on the D drive ?

8. freeboy

Thanks Received:
    ok changed added admin password for d in safe mode!
    Ok, now this is weird: XP repair will not accept my new password! WTF?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  9. freeboy

Thanks Received:
    ok chzanged again now using windows repair gets me in, and loads prompt?

10. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Do you have XP on both C and D drives, if so then change jumper on one drive(C) to slave, so you are sure it boots from other drive(D), then try running repair. If it doesn't work then you have changed the pass on other HDD(C). Then you will have to reset pass again on HDD(D),(leave the jumper on C to slave.). After everythng is fixed you will have to choose your boot drive, by either removing XP from one drive or changing(leaving) the jumper on the drive you want to boot from as slave.

10 Year Member at TPU
  11. freeboy

Thanks Received:
    ok password issue resolved, xp on each drive, do not need c, needed it as workaround repair..
    D drive hase WEIRD anomoulus stuff see abpouve
    also this is the kernal error for the dvd drive when I try to access it, only from D, works fine in other dektop!
    " AUSUHWIO.DLL Can't Exectute Kernal Mode Service"
    I also cannot get to the internet, probably driver issues! I will unistall old asus drivers and install new mobo ones once I get into the DVD !
    Also weird crash on none safe mode D drive boot... So remember the admin issue is resolved thanks all!

note above , easy to see the differences between c and d, c is new and there is nothing on desktop

12. freeboy

Thanks Received:
    AAAAHHH!
    k, the problem is realy simple!
    OLD DRIVERS! BUGGER! due to the nvida 939 chipset drivers and other related939 drivers the system is NOT happy/ I will need to rebuild it! AURGH! This is why the new C drive semingly works..
    SO is there a way to transfer programs to c.. back to D and edit the registry so they work? lol!
    Again, to all who helped a great big thanks !