• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Adobe Premiere Pro 2019

Processor AMD FX-8320 4.1Ghz
Motherboard Asus Aura
Cooling Corsair H60
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB
Video Card(s) EVGA 1060 SC
Storage Intel 535 Series SSD + Seagate FireCuda 2TB
Case NZXT
Power Supply EVGA 650 Watt
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
I need some serious help!

I am unable to edit video in Premiere Pro because the time line is so incredibly choppy/laggy and at times just unable to play. I am editing 4k and 1080p video clips under 2 minutes.

I've tried changing rendering from software and hardware and preview file format.

My PC

Ryzen 3 3200G
16GB RAM
RX 460
Windows 10

Installed on a 240GB SSD

This PC should have absolutely no issues running this software.

Please, i'm desperate ...

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
This PC should have absolutely no issues running this software.

I mean according to adobe this machine is barely passable. Im going to take a shot in the dark and say the very first problem is the CPU. I would stick to hardware offloading like you had before. For good measure if its possible on your board see if you can shut off integrated GPU completely unless you otherwise know for certain that the offload is infact going to the RX460.

Processor AMD FX-8320 4.1Ghz
Motherboard Asus Aura
Cooling Corsair H60
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB
Video Card(s) EVGA 1060 SC
Storage Intel 535 Series SSD + Seagate FireCuda 2TB
Case NZXT
Power Supply EVGA 650 Watt
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
I mean according to adobe this machine is barely passable. Im going to take a shot in the dark and say the very first problem is the CPU. I would stick to hardware offloading like you had before. For good measure if its possible on your board see if you can shut off integrated GPU completely unless you otherwise know for certain that the offload is infact going to the RX460.

Its not my computer. there is more than enough power. This software ran fine on my old 8350 with 8GB of RAM.

System Name "Big E"
Processor I5 2400
Motherboard Intel DQ67OW
Cooling Scythe Samurai ZZ
Memory 4 X 2 Gb Kingmax 1333
Video Card(s) MSI RX470 gaming x 4gb
Storage samsung F3 500 GB
Display(s) Acer S271HLBbid
Case "Big E"
Power Supply Gembird 450 W
Mouse Generic
Keyboard Generic
Software W10 LTSC
Benchmark Scores Nothing worthy to mention
check the preview options if its 1to1 it might stutter.Also it might work if you disable paging file.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
Motherboard MSI MPG X670E Carbon Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A (Chromax)
Memory G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL32 64 GB
Video Card(s) MSI Radeon RX 7900 XTX Gaming Trio Classic
Storage WD Black SN850X 4 TB
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q-P
Case LianLi O11 Air Mini (Black)
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 700 Pro X, Kanto YU6 w/ Kanto Sub8 (Matte Black)
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-850
Mouse Pulsar X2H eS (Supergrip, Superglide2) w/ Artisan Hien FX (Black, Large, Soft)
Keyboard Keychron Q2 (Knob, Carbon Black, Gateron Ink V2 Red)
Software Windows 11 Pro
Are these HEVC files (or just highly compressed in general?) If so, make proxies. Select the clips in your media bin, right-click and select Proxy > Create Proxies. You'll get a window prompting for the format - just set as: Format = QuickTime, Preset = 1280x720 GoPro Cineform. The Cineform files are quick to decode which will get rid of the stutters when you playback/scrub the timeline. Pick the location...generally, I keep these along side my main project media, but it's up to you. A quicker drive is better (for example, my WD Black works fine). Do note that these files are going to be quite a bit larger than the original media. Best of luck :)

ETA: Ah sorry...one more thing. You'll have to enable the "Toggle Proxies" button to use them. Under the Program Monitor window, click the plus button. Look for the "Toggle Proxies" button and add it, click it (so it's blue now) and then proxies should work.

See this link for more details too: https://blog.pond5.com/21491-how-use-proxies-to-edit-faster-in-adobe-premiere-pro-cc/

Asemy

I had a similar problem when working with Adobe After Effect, Premiere, and DaVinci Resolve. I consulted premiere help and found it was caused by poor CPU and Memory. That means I have to create proxy and set the playback resolution to be 1/4 to edit 4K videos without too much stutter. If you don't do a lot of precise color correction work, very possibly, creating proxy would is a nice way out.
Besides, there are some adjustment you can make:
Or you can use Cyberlink PowerDirector, it works well on my 8GB RAM HP computer. ( I don't know the principle).
I heard HitFilm is also good, but not yet tried it.
You can find CPU and memory usage data comparisons among different editors on Google.:cool: