• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AdoredTV at it again - Over an hour long video about Nvidia's business practices.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
I can't liten to this "if you choose amd it's a win for all gamers" nonsense anymore.

It's not so much "you should go buy AMD" in particular for me as support competition. That said, for you to support competition, a product must first be competitive. VEGA isn't.

I'd really like Samsung or Intel to dip their toes into graphics.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Intel is but I still don't understand how from a licensing perspective. I still think they're in it as a SIMD alternative to Xeon Phi.

System Name Budget AMD System
Processor Threadripper 1900X @ 4.1Ghz (100x41 @ 1.3250V)
Motherboard Gigabyte X399 Aorus Gaming 7
Cooling EKWB X399 Monoblock
Memory 4x8GB GSkill TridentZ RGB 14-14-14-32 CR1 @ 3266
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX Vega₆⁴ Liquid @ 1,800Mhz Core, 1025Mhz HBM2
Storage 1x ADATA SX8200 NVMe, 1x Segate 2.5" FireCuda 2TB SATA, 1x 500GB HGST SATA
Display(s) Vizio 22" 1080p 60hz TV (Samsung Panel)
Case Corsair 570X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic X Series 850W KM3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
This video just explains why I held out on the GPU front for so long. HD5770, 780Ti and now an RX Vega64 Liquid card. (got a hand 2nd hand reference 780Ti from a great guy on R3D, that I passed onto a neighbor along with a 550W Seasonic PSU, during the Crypto-Crunch for his small business.. he does AUTOCAD work making expansion joints for critical use applications.. he was using an HD4250....)

I just can't give money to unethical companies if I can help it. I buy what I can afford from companies I feel are less evil overall. AMD currently fits that bill on both fronts. I am one of those consumers that just wants what works and is reliable for a good price. I don't need top of the line performance. I wan't a card that will be supported in general for 2-3 years after release in terms of drivers. Which from the looks of it, RX Vega will be as its base architecture will be kept in Navi although it will be an overhaul to make it more suited for gaming.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
Nvidia fangirls didn't watch the video and are crying, big surprise. Just STFU and masturbate to Mr. Leather Jacket since you love him so much.

fun fact: Jim doesn't say anything about ATI/AMD, b/c that's not the focus of the video (he points that out). Had you watched it (or any of his vids), then you'd realize he's not fanboying or choosing sides, but simply delivering a message based in REALITY (I know, NV fangirls have a hard time with this). If you think he hasn't slammed AMD before...you're dead wrong. Some people must have missed the intel videos, b/c their fanboys got destroyed even when it was just comparing FX series LOLOLOLOLOLOL

You know our society is a dead end when just pointing out facts is met with aggression, complete denial and redirection of blame. Hmmm, sounds like AMD, NV and Intel CEOs should run for offices!

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
Nvidia fangirls didn't watch the video and are crying, big surprise. Just STFU and masturbate to Mr. Leather Jacket since you love him so much.

fun fact: Jim doesn't say anything about ATI/AMD, b/c that's not the focus of the video (he points that out). Had you watched it (or any of his vids), then you'd realize he's not fanboying or choosing sides, but simply delivering a message based in REALITY (I know, NV fangirls have a hard time with this). If you think he hasn't slammed AMD before...you're dead wrong. Some people must have missed the intel videos, b/c their fanboys got destroyed even when it was just comparing FX series LOLOLOLOLOLOL

You know our society is a dead end when just pointing out facts is met with aggression, complete denial and redirection of blame. Hmmm, sounds like AMD, NV and Intel CEOs should run for offices!

And here I thought we were doing good avoiding fanboyism, you just killed it...

Intel is but I still don't understand how from a licensing perspective.

I mean this is a totally wild guess and I could be wrong but... don't they have like, a metric button of cash?

I doubt licensing costs is a worry.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
And here I thought we were doing good avoiding fanboyism, you just killed it...

Not from what I read on the first page. It's like people are mad that NV got busted by someone that garners attention. If L1Techs does it, then it's crickets.

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
So to sum up this thread , people can't tell the difference between brand loyalty/fanboysm and genuine discontent with practices that do not benefit consumers. Disappointing but unsurprising.

I'd really like Samsung or Intel to dip their toes into graphics.

Samsung has no IP , other than whatever they licensed from ARM and Intel already tried that (granted they are trying again). So , it doesn't look particularly likely.

So to sum up this thread , people can't tell the difference between brand loyalty/fanboysm and genuine discontent with practices that do not benefit consumers. Disappointing but unsurprising.
More to the point, they're trying to rebrand the latter as if it's the former.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
They had me pretty much back on their team. Right up until GPP. As soon as I saw that I said "you know what? FUCK YOU!!! You just lost a potential customer. Probably for life!". Stupid assholes. Yes...I will by an "inferior" product. Even if it costs more. And I'll be perfectly happy with it. So long as it doesn't have your filthy ass name on it!

Can't wait to pick up a Vega 64 now that it can be had at MSRP. GTX 1080 is better for same price? Good for you. Don't care. Not in the least. Truth is I don't really need something as good as either one. Had my eye on a GTX 1070. Now I'm just gonna throw as much money as I can AMD's way just to prove a point. Take that bitches!

Aren't you being a little bit of a hypocrite now?

You are literally admitting you don't need the performance beyond what a 1070 has to offer. So the middle finger to Nvidia only applies because you don't 'need them'.. What happens when AMD cannot offer the performance you want? Still going to remain loyal? I doubt that. Or will you pick up on Raja's advice to crossfire a number of AMD cards to rival the competition :roll:? Some food for thought I think... And its not directed at you personally but more in a broad sense: with all those people having principles, we still see Nvidia monopolizing the market. How is that possible, simple: people are hypocrites.

There is another way to do this: get the pitchforks out every time either company does things that really shouldn't happen and create a storm that cannot be ignored. I mean, let's look at recent AMD blunders too: RX560D, the very misleading FreeSync+Vega deal and launch MSRP that virtually no one managed to get his hands on... it doesn't really shine with honesty either does it? The only real difference I see is that AMD is just not good at it... and Nvidia is, although GPP was almost AMD-level PR stupid. The reason it got shot is because a storm was raised. Thát is where consumers have power these days and where collective effort has weight; direct response through social media. A boycot is not nearly as effective, especially when gamers are not the primary source of income for these companies. But losing face and brand strength? That hurts throughout each division.

In that sense I applaud videos such as these, they add to the storm we 'need'. But its also easy to create a storm with the wrong arguments. (Example: Gameworks I feel is a wrong argument, GPP and 3.5GB were valid arguments).

Why do you have to do this? You've just lowered the value of this topic to close-worthy with a single post. Complete with full caps and fangirl comments... You're awfully close to my ignore list like this. Grow up man. Your last sentence, is that a retrospective on yourself or what?

Last edited:
System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
@Vayra86 you like to point to others posts as biased yet reply in biased tones??

How about getting On topic instead of mearly defending your own biases , with finger pointing.

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
@Vayra86 you like to point to others posts as biased yet reply in biased tones??

How about getting On topic instead of mearly defending your own biases , with finger pointing.

I am on topic. Bias? This is only about tone of voice and opening up a discussion versus shutting it down.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
I am on topic. Bias? This is only about tone of voice and opening up a discussion versus shutting it down.
So to recap the Op is about Nvidias anti consumer anti tech stance , in what way is your biased But But Amd rant on topic?

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
So to recap the Op is about Nvidias anti consumer anti tech stance , in what way is your biased But But Amd rant on topic?

Its called putting things in perspective and it is essential in any discussion about two opposites. I also touch on Nvidia's wrongdoings in a similar way. Take it to PM though, we don't need this back and forth here.

System Name RYZEN
Processor 5900X @ 4.7Ghz EK Evo Supremacy RBG
Motherboard Gigabyte Auros Elite X570
Cooling Aplhacool Monsta 360
Memory Gskill Royals RGB @ 3800Mhz 16GB
Video Card(s) RX 6800XT @ 2500 mhz core 2100mhz mem. EK Vega WaterBlock
Display(s) Acer 49 144hz Curve 1080P Monitor
Case Thermaltake G21 Dual Tempered Glass SPCC
Audio Device(s) steel series siberia elite prism
Power Supply EVGA G2 1600Watts Gold
Mouse tt sports level 10 mouse
Keyboard Logitech 710+ Mechanical keyboard
Software Windows 10
feelings are being hurt because nvidia fanboys don't want to know the truth so they rather avoid than wasting their green time watching. some claim amd is crying wolf when playing nvidia titles but thats ok even when its a proven issue. i want best tech out atm is the slogan nvidia fanboys hinds behind when bias is seeping out their mouth.

System Name Purple rain
Processor 10.5 thousand 4.2G 1.1v
Motherboard Zee 490 Aorus Elite
Cooling Noctua D15S
Memory 16GB 4133 CL16-16-16-31 Viper Steel
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
Storage SU900 128,8200Pro 1TB,850 Pro 512+256+256,860 Evo 500,XPG950 480, Skyhawk 2TB
Display(s) Acer XB241YU+Dell S2716DG
Case P600S Silent w. Alpenfohn wing boost 3 ARGBT+ fans
Audio Device(s) K612 Pro w. FiiO E10k DAC,W830BT wireless
Power Supply Superflower Leadex Gold 850W
Mouse G903 lightspeed+powerplay,G403 wireless + Steelseries DeX + Roccat rest
Keyboard HyperX Alloy SilverSpeed (w.HyperX wrist rest),Razer Deathstalker
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
Lol we've just begun dragging the discussion down to an embarrassing level, and there's new accounts already. Would not be surprised if that was AMD's doing, like the whole adored channel and his fabricated comments section.

Getting the best tech out is literally the whole point of running a company like nvidia and amd. Sorry their long term master plan didn't work out with incremental changes to the same architecture we've had for 7 years. Who could have predicted that except for virtually everyone.

I have a lot of faith in Mr.Wang,but he has to show me he really cares about pc gaming. Then he can have all my money. Prioritizing HPC and consoles ain't giving him much credit in my eyes tho.

Lol we've just begun dragging the discussion down to an embarrassing level, and there's new accounts already. Would not be surprised if that was AMD's doing, like the whole adored channel and his fabricated comments section.

Getting the best tech out is literally the whole point of running a company like nvidia and amd. Sorry their long term master plan didn't work out with incremental changes to the same architecture we've had for 7 years. Who could have predicted that except for virtually everyone.

I have a lot of faith in Mr.Wang,but he has to show me he really cares about pc gaming. Then he can have all my money. Prioritizing HPC and consoles ain't giving him much credit in my eyes tho.

There is a deep, deep irony in the fact Nvidia quite literally is shown to have paid forum posters to shill for them, within the video, and here you are accusing AMD of that tactic.

System Name Good enough
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
I find it so interesting how people who claim all they care about is getting fast video cards and can't be bothered by anything else are on like their 10th comment here. :laugh:

System Name Purple rain
Cooling Noctua D15S
Storage SU900 128,8200Pro 1TB,850 Pro 512+256+256,860 Evo 500,XPG950 480, Skyhawk 2TB
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
There is a deep, deep irony in the fact Nvidia quite literally is shown to have paid forum posters to shill for them, within the video, and here you are accusing AMD of that tactic.

Well I thought AdoredTV would've mentioned if he is sponsored to counter the case he's making against nvidia in his video.
Lol. This is the best comment so far.

I find it so interesting how people who claim all they care about is getting fast video cards and can't be bothered by anything else are on like their 10th comment here. :laugh:
The obvious answer is that making all these comments is how they intend to get the fast video cards. Hoping to attract the attention of big green for some of that sweet marketing money maybe?

Last edited:
System Name Purple rain
Cooling Noctua D15S
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
Yet you find it normal that the person with highest post/day count in the thread is you?

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
The obvious answer is that making all these comments is how they intend to get the fact video cards. Hoping to attract the attention of big green for some of that sweet marketing money maybe?

I found that an interesting bit in the video and one I can definitely recognize when I read online comments (not on TPU btw but elsewhere). I've always found it rather strange how people jump on each (top end) release from the moment its announced even before knowing anything about the product.

Well I thought AdoredTV would've mentioned if he is sponsored to counter the case he's making against nvidia in his video.
Lol. This is the best comment so far.

Sponsor him? Its painful to listen to the guy, let alone for a full hour. I endured, but I'll admit I skipped some of it. Never again tho.

75% of the video, especially the stuff around the time of 3dfx is... highly questionable to say the least. Many GPU makers of old have died and in the vid it sounds like all of this was Nvidia's doing, while in reality 3dfx itself was the cause for its own demise. This market doesn't deal well with fragmentation, especially not on such a low-level tech - recap to the present with Mantle/Vulkan/DX12. Its very hard for something like this to take off unless it has broad support. Nvidia realized very early in the game that consolidation was necessary because the product is characterized by high development and R&D expenses with a very high risk, because if a product fails, you can almost kiss your entire business goodbye. Thát is why many old GPU companies died; they betted on the wrong horse, got burned, and could not recover. AGEIA is similar in that regard, but in the video, the twist is not Ageia made the wrong choices and became prey for takeover; its much more juicy to state it was all Nvidia being evil.

:) Yup you got that wrong

Vayra86

Joined Sep 17, 2014 Messages 4,989 (3.64/day) Likes 3,986 Location Duiven, Netherlands
Vya Domus

Joined Jan 8, 2017 Messages 2,447 (4.66/day) Likes 1,628

Imagine... I even edit my posts most of the time to keep the count down. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
System Name Good enough
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
Yet you find it normal that the person with highest post/day count in the thread is you?

What is that even supposed to mean ? Are you implying I shouldn't be here commenting because I have a high post/day or that there is something wrong with that ? Some of the stuff you say is truly mind-boggling and nonsensical.

Many GPU makers of old have died and in the vid it sounds like all of this was Nvidia's doing

I don't know if it was all Nvidia's doing but you should watch some of Jensen's talks , he likes to mention how they managed to become the last independent fabless GPU manufacturer a lot.

Last edited:
System Name Purple rain
Cooling Noctua D15S
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
So to sum up this thread , people can't tell the difference between brand loyalty/fanboysm and genuine discontent with practices that do not benefit consumers.
So one can't be loyal to nvidia, that's fanboysm. One can only be loyal to AMD, you can't go wrong with that.
How beneficial to the consumer was Raja lying about DSBR and primitive shaders in vega,running game tests with fps counter turned off on 1080Ti and Vega, AMD insisting to us consumers that Vega is great for gamers before revealing a card whose clear purpose is compute work. The only reason why AMD might get my pass and I'm once again interested to see what they deliver is that lying Raja is out of there. If he stayed I would not even consider buying AMD as long as that man is there. I was gonna buy 1080Ti in april, before the mining craze got here, but amd baited me into waiting. Then prices went sky high and amd delivered an absolute turd considering it was 1080Ti price with 1080 performance and 350W of power draw. Yeah,that was really pro consumer..... seriously, get some perspective from both sides or get out here man.

Last edited:
US Business ptactices best analogy is two wild animals fighting over a carcas ... it's no where close to warm and fuzzy.... it's kill or be killed. So put ya big boy pants on and make the grown up choice of picking the product that has the best specs. Why punish yourself or your customers because you think one side isn't playing fair ... fair is not part of the American capitalist model as evidences by AMDs mimicking Intel / nVidia product line naming, claiming Freesync = G-Sync (even tho it has no hardware module for MBR tech) and whining "anti-competitive" when competition calls them on it and tries to prpotect their branding. What do you cal a company board that spends billions on R & D for new groundbreaking technology and then licenses it to the competition ? ... Answer: "Replaced"