• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Advanced Modding help needed. Msi X99 bios halting windows from loading. Ideas?

So I tried to bifurcate mod the latest and probably last bios version 190 for the Msi X99 Godlike, and had issues with Windows 10 loading past the spinning wheel stage. I even reverted back to the unmodded version of 190 and had the same problem. This was with a Plextor M8Pey nvme drive. A Samsung 950 Pro is running as the primary drive on the M.2 port. Unlike my modded 195 beta version which works just fine my second nvme that runs through a supermicro bifurcated adapter loads its legacy option rom post message. Kind of weird I dont see that on the 195 beta. Also interesting to note that couple years ago I noticed the same issue when I tried to add that very same Plextor drive unto the same system on an empty pcie slot on an older bios release. So I dont know if its the same issue or not. I think the new bios is messing with irq type resources causing a conflict. Anyone have any suggestions on how to dig further and see where the hiccup is occuring?

Thanks.