• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Advice for my X850XT please...

darthanakin23

I have a X850XT and it is watercooled, I was wondering is it ok to run it at 562/590 all day? I have had no problems, the temps at max load is about 42 celsius, so I know the memory being at 590 is the same as the PE clocks but is it ok to leave it at 562/590?

I have not had any artifacts with Ati Tool either. Mother Nature also runs perfectly fine.

My only concern is that is it ok to run this all the time? I don't want to kill the life of my card, but I always thought that the temperature is what kills the card.

geeman74

have you added ram sinks to your card?
if you have have a fan blowing across them
its only a small oc so you should be ok if games run stable with it low 40s underload isnt to bad rememeber graphics cards run hotter than cpus
my pe overclocks to 594/661 with no artifacts when i bench but if i play kotor2 for a hour it crashes,
i can play farcry for about 40mins before that crashes, but halflife 2 plays with no probelms at all
if your only at pe speeds dont worry about it :D

Processor AMD 5800x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Custom Water Loop
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z neo
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4 NVMEs / SSDs
Display(s) 27" AOC AG271QX
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolve
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster AE-7
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750
Software Windows 10
Ya, as long as your card is not to hot all the time. But you said your card have a load max of like ~40
I don't think you have much to worry about. Long as your cooling doesn't fail. Did you use Atitool to overlclock because you can set it only to overclock when you have a 3d application present. So its not running overclocked all the time.

-Dan

Processor Intel I7 2600k@ 4.5
Motherboard Gigabyte p67 ud4 b3
Cooling AC Cuplex kryos Hf
Memory 8096 Exceleram 1600@ 1333 Cl9 1.35v
Video Card(s) Palit Gtx570@950/1900@1.063v
Storage Ocz Vertex 3 120gb, 2tb Seagate 7200rpm s-ata3
Display(s) Asus 24inch Lcd
Case Coolermaster Cosmos S
Audio Device(s) Creative X-fi with Teufel Magnum Power Edition
Power Supply Coolermaster 700W Silent Pro Gold
Software Linux?^^ ;P Windows 7 64bit
the card will work fine tmeperatur can kill hardware but its more that its damged when it runs too fast
so just let atitool look for highest clocks a long time at least 2 or 3 hours per point if u then have ur cloks downclokc by 10 mgh on core and mem and it will work fine as long as the watercooling isnt getting worst.

gerrynicol

System Name Home built
Processor Core i7-920 4.0Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6t OC
Cooling Akasa Nero
Memory 6GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-1348Mhz
Video Card(s) XFX GTX 285 SLi
Storage 160GB, 250GB, 320GB
Display(s) 24" dell(1920X1200)
Case Coolermaster HAF
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Prelude, logitech Z5500
Power Supply Corsair HX 1K
Software 7 ultimate 64
you can always use ATI tool to ramp up to the speeds you want whilst playing games only, I think this is in the 3d detection part, I used that when I had the X800SE.
just a thought!.

Cheers,

Gerry.

Morlak

I responded to your other thread in Video Cards. I would love to see more info on your water-cooled X850-XT. Got any pics, etc? I have a Tt VGA block, but want some more info before I dig into it.

geeman74

Morlak said:
I responded to your other thread in Video Cards. I would love to see more info on your water-cooled X850-XT. Got any pics, etc? I have a Tt VGA block, but want some more info before I dig into it.
ill take some pics of mine later and post them

geeman74

heres some pics

Attachments

• graph.jpg
    graph.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 502
  • graphics.jpg
    graphics.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 537

Morlak

Sweet thanks! I have the parts otw to start my cooling project on the video card. I'll post pics when I have em. Probably next week.

geeman74

i need bigger ram sinks or watercooed ram sinks but cant find any :(

Morlak

geeman74 said:
i need bigger ram sinks or watercooed ram sinks but cant find any :(

Watercooled ram sink would have to be a single large sink like is used on the artic cooler, HIS card, etc. There is not enough room for seperate small water blocks on the card, but that would be a sight to see huh. Anyway I bet someone will come up with a thermal electric device to cool ram sooner or later, and also bet the video cards will weigh close to 10lbs with two water blocks, and all that sink material.

geeman74

think ill just get bigger ram sinks
my small ones do a good job of cooling the ram but i need a fan on full blowing accross them when running under load

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Morlak said:
Watercooled ram sink would have to be a single large sink like is used on the artic cooler, HIS card, etc. There is not enough room for seperate small water blocks on the card, but that would be a sight to see huh. Anyway I bet someone will come up with a thermal electric device to cool ram sooner or later, and also bet the video cards will weigh close to 10lbs with two water blocks, and all that sink material.

Picture posted by Fire113 ... Ram water cooled but, that's a lot of hoses ...

Attachments

• waterram.jpg
    waterram.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 485