1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AIO recommendations!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by SanityGaming, Mar 19, 2017.

1. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    all AIOs are simple,

Install it push the power button done,

Swiftech and EKs allow for expansion ie gpu cooling a bigger rad etc. Doesnt mean you have to utilize that functionality. That said i prefer Swiftech over EK mostly because EK's handling of their leaky parts was pretty much bullshit.a

Corsair and other AIOs are fine too. Just if i was gonna spend $130 on a CLC corsair unit i would rather spend $165 for 280mm Swiftech unit. $35 difference might be too much for some people thats perfectly fine. But generally speaking you get what you pay for. I would pay the extra bit for a premium AIO thats a bit more unique vs something that is pretty much a retread with LEDs. That you pay more for thanks to its nifty software that pretty much is unnecessary and adds cost to the design.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  2. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:

On top of what you mentioned in this post ,people who build their own water loops don't get the support that you get with the Corsair loop or any other of the good manufacturers.

I had one of the original corsair H70 core editions, and after about five years I started to get concerned that it might die on me so I contacted them and since they no longer made that particular model they sent me a brand-new H 75, no questions asked. I gave them proof of my purchase from my local Micro Center and they sent me a new h75. ;)

Personally I like the work that goes into custom water loops, but after doing it so many times a point in time comes when you say "enough already ", frankly it's easier to install a lot of those Aio then some air coolers.

Keep in mind a lot of people don't realize this the newer RGB H series coolers have USB micro plugs on the block that you have to plug-in in order to control the colors and the pumps

peche says thanks.
  3. Nabarun

Nabarun

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't recommend any of the Swiftech AIO. I had terrible experience with the pumps like thousands of other users. You can check out their forums. Anyway, your AIO seems to be doing the job well-enough. If you want better performance at MUCH lower noise levels, you might wanna look at some of the awesome fans by Noctua.

4. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    @SanityGaming

heres a screenshot for reference of my H110, that is Real world usage, of over an hour. dual Core pentium running GTA5 @4.6Ghz. IME, the 2 cores of this CPU get hotter than the 4 of my other Xeon, or my old 4690k, since the 2 are going 100% most of the time. As you can see, the AIO is cooling it VERY well, it is around 50-60C from its TJmax running under that AIO's block..as seen here in the pic, it doesnt even see 50C, it holds right around 46 or so, the same is recorded when running things like Prime, or IBT.

my case has wonderful coolign though, as youcan see again in the pic, my GPU never broke 58C, and its a Reference GTX970(which have amazing cooling for blower cards in the right case)
    [​IMG]

Jetster says thanks.
  5. SanityGaming

SanityGaming

Thanks Received:
    Exactly, warranty is also another concern for me! If I remember correctly I could be wrong, but doesn't corsair have accidental damage protection warranty or something encase a pump leaks and damages something of yours!!!

6. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    Accidental damage generally refers to user error, and no I don't think they have anything like that. They actually specifically (along with most manufacturers if not all) specifically state that they are not responsible for any damage caused by leaks or breaks in the AIO that may damage other components i.e mobo,ram,cpu etc.however if you buy from a store like Newegg.com you can buy an accidental damage and handling plan for under $15,which will cover the cost of the item you purchased but nothing else

But if I recall correctly the warranty is 3- 5 years or there about , and they aren't too picky about what you send something in for. They also offer advance RMA. Which is essentially a process in which they send a replacement cooler before you send the broken one however they do require a debit or credit card for that process in case you don't send the broken cooler. In my experience there very understanding about issues varying in type. For example, my old cooler started making a strange sound, I notified corsair, and they immediately approved me for RMA.

I'd like to make a point, I don't have any experience with other makers of AIO coolers , which is why my comments are heavily based on corsair products. This doesn't mean the others are just as good, I just don't make a habit of giving advice unless I know personally what I'm giving advice about whenever possible. Many Manufacturers make VERY good AIO coolers, I just havent personally experienced them

7. SanityGaming

SanityGaming

Thanks Received:
    https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.newegg.com

i wouldn't touch newegg ever!
    I'd only ever buy from amazon, scan.co.uk, overclockers.co.uk

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103856

Apparently corsair can and may replace computer parts, on a case by case bases!

8. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    Newegg is fine in the US recent expansion to europe has been bumpy tho.

9. SanityGaming

SanityGaming

Thanks Received:
    I'm sorry you received a defective product. Per our return policy, we do require the retail packaging in order to process a return. However, I would be more than happy to explore an exception for you since you are a valued customer. I have sent an email to the email listed on your account.
    ^ newegg representative,

Amazon on the other hand and 95% of all business and companies affiliated with the UK, never ask or don't care if you have retail packaging or not. especially amazon.
    With amazon if something breaks, send it back don't need original box or anything, just send back all the parts!
    That and there's no restocking fee! and can get a replacement the very next day to your house, as they always fast track the stuff to have it next day delivery!
    At least that's my case with everything I get from amazon!

Newegg: something goes wrong, send it back, wait 10 years..
    Amazon: something goes wrong, contact amazon, request replacement, get it next day, send back old one with in 30days after making replacement request!

jboydgolfer says thanks.
  10. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    it appears NE has gone down hill across the board over the past few years, Sadly. They USED to be Really good.....now it appears they are turning into a new tiger Direct. (leans to the left in seat and farts) ;)

my original point is still valid tho, a reputable retailer Should offer some type of 3rd party ADH warranty plan. iirc, Servicenet, handles much of newegg.com's ADH policies.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017 at 12:29 AM
  11. Aenra

Aenra

Thanks Received:
    A bit of general advice.

The models advised here really are good and/or in some cases better than the 110i; what you need to understand however is that said 'better' amounts to a couple degrees of a difference*.
    Ergo? If you're at a point where 1,2,3 degrees cooler has become a "must", your problem is not the AIO you're using :)

* exception -supposedly- being the EKWB AIO. And i'm saying supposedly because the reviewer that said it can have 10Cs difference (awesome if so) is the same reviewer that in other reviews has erm, displayed a rather flawed way of thinking.. if not downright biased.

TLDR stick to what you currently have and when it's time for an entire system upgrade, check the current reviews on the (at the time) current new models :)

edit: Also keep in mind that the less you know, the more getting the most popular brand helps. A simple googleing and answers can be found. Superficial, but sooner or later you -will- have a question, i know i did and i've been using AIOs for some years now.

12. revin

revin

Thanks Received:
    Wish there was something like backblaze chart for cooler's like the HDD/SSD they put out.
    There is so much on the web it get's hard to discern just how long these AIO's do last.
    I would be concerned like the op about just how long has It got, and just what is really better.............
    Good luck, it's a sea of info to take in:toast:

13. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I always looked at it like this...
    Companies have done massive amounts of testing before releasing an aio. After much testing they set a warranty that will cover the better built products for its expected lifespan, or close to it. Currently, the newest generation Asetek units sold by NZXT have the longest warranty, which I believe is six years coverage!

revin says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  14. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    In regards to any component that you're curious about lifespan just look at the warranty. The reason the company picks that timeframe is because they expect in good faith they won't have to service it during that time

revin says thanks.
  15. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    It is 6 years Pete, I'm using a nzxt x61 kraken, which keeps my 6700k @ 4.5-1.35 at 16/17c idle and max 50 all cores at 100%

10 Year Member at TPU
  16. Ferrum Master

Ferrum Master

Thanks Received:
    For my LAN party box I went really cheap using china Id Cooling pump. It works fine really, not loud. For the tubes I used generic oil/gasoline tubes ID 6mm... So I got a 240mm AIO for about ~60$ for the rad and pump. The fans are another thing thou, I always buy them separately anyway. Use Vardar ER as I can get them easy here so it is 32€ here for both. But that's if you like tinkering around.

V22.jpg

jboydgolfer says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  17. TheHunter

TheHunter

Thanks Received:
    The ones I mentioned have higher static air pressure, that number
    e.g. CoolerMaster fan Q Mode (Quiet)
    3.15 mmH2O ± 10%

The higher the better radiator cooling, but yeah louder.

Imo CoolerMaster or Noctua Industrial are the best, just adjust it with fan control pwm in bios.

18. peche

peche Thermaltake fanboy

Thanks Received:
    this advise deserves a beer, Sys specs are meant for hardware specifications, that allow other to see what you have there... keep it real....

hardware list will allow other that would like to help in hurry, late to the topic or people that isn';t reading all messages bassed on your hardware to advise, give feedback or several ways to help, so sys specs are important, if you dont care to fill them some people would not bothereven to ask about the topic, take it as you wish, but sys specs are meant to be filled, everyone here likes the same, computers, hardware and technology...

ignorance is strong, everything its related.... thats why sometimes people come here to ask about a gpu to upgrade, then advises about PSU, cooling and case limitations are there, taking on consideration what you already have.. :shadedshu:

Those are maybe the most popular ones, ASETEK based model, i have been running one of this models for a long time, Thermaltake Water 3.0 Pro, 120m 50mm thick single rad with 2 Thermaltake Riing 12 Fans, Delidded i7 and my max temp its like 55C at max load, it iddles at 25-28c... regular usage temp its like 35c doing some monkey tasks on the PC when using it, like downloading something while listen to music and seeking photos or storing photos! cannot regret about this unit, also have used Thermaltake's water 3.0 extreme which have a 240mm slim rad, dual Fans, and the same pump / waterblock combo, they rock :rockout:

i have used several other AIO H2O coolers, just love them cuz they are excellent solution, decent cooler, require just to be cleaned as the whole computer! when installing you just need to be careful with tubing and rad mounting!

Well said, its a shame that some coolers like that one aren't available with that lovely price everywhere, i was about to upgrade one, but the costs of import and handling killed me, o_O

dancing-chicken.gif

Regards,

jboydgolfer says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  19. revin

revin

Thanks Received:
    Come on peche this has already been covered by the mods, several times in fact. it's Not relevant to his thread this time

Politely Suggest to edit or wait for them to remove, as well as this follow up.

peche says thanks.
  20. peche

peche Thermaltake fanboy

Thanks Received:
    sup bro, was just giving my point, but there are other comments related to AIO's :D

Regards,

jboydgolfer says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. revin

revin

Thanks Received:
    It has/was already been pointed out SEVERAL times before. Apparently it was a pretty big issue early on in the thread. Did you see petes responce
    I also got caught up after the fact. The OP made it clear he did not want it [specs listed]part of his thread

peche says thanks.
  22. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    peche says thanks.
  23. peche

peche Thermaltake fanboy

Thanks Received:
    i know, sometimes here Drama starts even by the emoji you kindly add to make your message even moar friendly, but anyway, thanks for the quick notice! have a quite terrific day lad!

Regards,

revin says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. revin

revin

Thanks Received:
    I understand, I too replied a very friendly suggestion addressing it, but as sneaky pointed out the op did not want it so he removed all post about it.
    That has been on my radar for a few years[well back to the TT big water] seems pretty popular

peche says thanks.
  25. peche

peche Thermaltake fanboy

Thanks Received:
    tried both, they perform exactly the same... that's why i kept the 120mm one, smaller and easy to install!

Regards,

Crunching for Team TPU