• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AIO recommendations!

System Name The Double Loader.
Processor Chocolate drop
Cooling Vanilla
Video Card(s) 2x chocolate flakes
Case hundreds and thousands cone
Benchmark Scores 170mhz of brain freeze, and 1062mhz of loving taste
Title says it all! Please don't mention anything other than AIO's

I currently use a H110, I was wondering if there's anything better out yet or if anyone can make any recommendations, I know the H115i is a much better cooler and gives a couple of better cooling degrees than the h110! But I was wondering if there's a best of the best? or anything other than corsair that's fantastic with great cooling, great sound and such!

I use corsair because it's highly rated and one of most well known for such coolers.
If there's nothing better than the H115i, I'll probably just upgrade to that sometime in the future.

Oh before I forget! My case is the "Cosmos 2" I don't know what the biggest radiator is that I can fit in my case, with the fans attached, I only use 2 fans to cool it, as I can't do PUSH/PULL due to spacing limitations.

System Name barely hangin on...
Processor Intel I5 4670K @stock
Motherboard Asus H81m-cs (nothing else available now)
Cooling CM Hyper 212X (in push-pull)
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 1866MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RX 580 4GB Dual
Storage WD Blue 1TB, WD Black 2TB, Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
Display(s) Acer KG241QP 144Hz
Case Cooler Master CM 690 III (Transparent side panel) - illuminated with NZXT HUE RGB
Audio Device(s) FiiO E10K>Boom 3D>ATH M50/Samson SR850/HD599SE
Power Supply Corsair RM 850
Mouse Redragon M901 PERDITION 16400 DPI Laser Gaming Mouse
Keyboard HyperX Alloy FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Cherry MX Brown)
Software 7-64bit MBR, 10-64bit UEFI (Not Multi-boot), VBox guests...
Last edited by a moderator:
Processor Chocolate drop
Cooling Vanilla
There ARE better AIO than the Corsair stuff, but I can't tell you what will/won't fit in that chassis. The EKWB Predator 280 is the best performing and perhaps the priciest one. Look at these pros and cons to make your decision about it: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EKWB/Predator_280_QDC/9.html

I've only in last few months started seeing EKWB AIOS posted on overclockers.co.uk, i've been looking into them.
As stated I'm only after AIO closed looped/Sealed ones, as I don't want to do anything I don't know or fiddle around with stuff I don't think I can handle!
I looked into the one you listed but It looks like one you have to fill up and stuff? Unless I'm wrong.

Doubt it will fit into my case, just seen some images on google. Unless I can find somewhere to strap it into my case, then it's a no go.

System Name Juliette // HTPC
Processor Intel i7 9700K // AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390X-A // ASRock B550 ITX-AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 Black // Stock
Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX4070 OC// GTX 1650
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Display(s) ASUS VP348QGL 34" Quad HD 3440 x 1440 // 55" LG 4K SK8000 Series
Case Seasonic SYNCRO Q7// Silverstone Granada GD05
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 // HDMI to Samsung HW-R650 sound bar
Power Supply Seasonic SYNCRO 750 W // CORSAIR Vengeance 650M
Mouse Cooler Master MM710 53G
Keyboard Logitech 920-009300 G512 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro // Windows 10 Pro
You don't need anything more then the H110

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
Fair warning to the trolls. Help or move along, stop attacking!

Processor Chocolate drop
Cooling Vanilla
You don't need anything more then the H110

Okay, if you say so! If you are being honest I'll take your advice, it's just warranty purposes and stuff :) is one the main reasons I'm looking on getting something new :)

I just don't want something bad to happen and find out i'm bummed, I don't know how well liquid coolers hold up after warranty I'm not a pro on that type of stuff! , will i be fine for few more years? how long do AIO's usually last? if you can help me with that answer I'll be done here!

OR if anyone can answer this question, i'd be really happy for the information that can be provided!

Cooling Products
  • Hydro Series™ products have a 5 year warranty
  • Air Series™ products have a 2 year warranty
  • All fan products have a 2 year warranty
That's what's stated on corsair's website, and I've had mine since like the release of the i7 5960X.

Fair warning to the trolls. Help or move along, stop attacking!
I was about to make some reports, thank you for noticing sir!

Last edited:
System Name Juliette // HTPC
Processor Intel i7 9700K // AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390X-A // ASRock B550 ITX-AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 Black // Stock
Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX4070 OC// GTX 1650
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Display(s) ASUS VP348QGL 34" Quad HD 3440 x 1440 // 55" LG 4K SK8000 Series
Case Seasonic SYNCRO Q7// Silverstone Granada GD05
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 // HDMI to Samsung HW-R650 sound bar
Power Supply Seasonic SYNCRO 750 W // CORSAIR Vengeance 650M
Mouse Cooler Master MM710 53G
Keyboard Logitech 920-009300 G512 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro // Windows 10 Pro
Okay, if you say so! If you are being honest I'll take your advice, it's just warranty purposes and stuff :) is one the main reasons I'm looking on getting something new :)

I just don't want something bad to happen and find out i'm bummed, I don't know how well liquid coolers hold up after warranty I'm not a pro on that type of stuff! , will i be fine for few more years? how long do AIO's usually last?

The H110 is a great cooler. AIO do have a limited life. They vary in length but 3-5 years the cooling ability slowly declines. The H110 can handle any OC you do

Just some friendly advice. Fix your system specs, it can only benefit you in the long run.

Processor Chocolate drop
Cooling Vanilla
The H110 is a great cooler. AIO do have a limited life. They vary in length but 3-5 years the cooling ability slowly declines. The H110 can handle any OC you do
Just some friendly advice. Fix your system specs, it can only benefit you in the long run.
Thanks for the reply, so cooling ability does decline then! that's a shame! well I think I have like 1-2 more years of warranty left, I will look towards a new one around cyber monday / black friday.
Thank you!

Also
Don't really need to post any system specs especially as it's not a rule I'm pretty sure! I understand posting them if it's a serious matter but this thread doesn't count, Especially as I stated I use an H110 shows I can use pretty much any cooler around! and I have another thread that's new the top of overclocking/cooling called i7 5960x.
Posting GPU and all that stuff is unnecessary what a GPU has to do with h110 or ram or any of that I have no idea.
But I appreciate the response.

This is a AIO cooler related thread. not a system build thread.

I7 5960x and H110 theirs my specs, theirs all that's needed nothing else nothing more! if it can cool that chip well their you go.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 24505

I'm using a nzxt x61 kraken with my i7 6700k which is oc'd to 4.5@1.35v and my temps are as follows.
16-22c idle
Max 45c with all cores at 100%

Processor Chocolate drop
Cooling Vanilla
I'm using a nzxt x61 kraken with my i7 6700k which is oc'd to 4.5@1.35v and my temps are as follows.
16-22c idle
Max 45c with all cores at 100%

Idle on i7 5960X at 4.2ghz = 45c, MAX TDP 140.0W, Core voltage 1.212V
How do you get all your cores to one at 100%? how do I even check mine? Apart for obviously benchmarking?

Haven't seen my temps doing benchmarking in ages.

D

Deleted member 24505

Idle on i7 5960X at 4.2ghz = 45c, MAX TDP 140.0W, Core voltage 1.212V

How do you get all your cores to one at 100%? how do I even check mine? Apart for obviously benchmarking?

I'm using aida 64 to do it, its in the tool menu. I know some people say its not a good enough stability test, but its good enough for me, and that's all that matters.

I did post a screenie somewhere here but buggers knows where.

Processor Chocolate drop
Cooling Vanilla
I'm using aida 64 to do it, its in the tool menu. I know some people say its not a good enough stability test, but its good enough for me, and that's all that matters.

Is their any free software you recommend?

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Software Windows 11
Is their any free software you recommend?

AIDA64 offers a free version and I do believe the testing software runs on it without the need to purchase a key.

@tigger all versions offered on site are free, just limited as to what can be done or what is shown in various aspects.

Processor Chocolate drop
Cooling Vanilla
You can get a free version of Aida, or find it "free" I'm sure ;p
AIDA64 offers a free version and I do believe the testing software runs on it without the need to purchase a key.

@tigger all versions offered on site are free, just limited as to what can be done or what is shown in various aspects.

It wont let me use it, says I have to pay for it? I even uninstalled and reinstalled it!
---
Limitations:
  • 30 days trial
Can you guys recommend anything else that's actually free free, not pay to use?
As It's only 30 days, and just noticed that stated on the downloads section under aida64

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Software Windows 11
It wont let me use it, says I have to pay for it? I even uninstalled and reinstalled it!

If you click on the OK box and then go to Tools, it wont allow you to run the System Stability Test? Although, I do recall this happening in he past, as if there is a hidden folder or registry entry that has a timed measure for the trial.

If you cannot get passed it, there are things like Intel Burn Test, OCCT, RealBench, and many other options for loading the CPU.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
ive had many H2O loops, custom & AIO, and several Corsairs, the H110iGTX is a Beast, it has 280mm Rads and is VERY effective @ cooling, plus it has RGB lighting ;)

fits easily in my case too
Phanteks Enthoo PRo M Acryllic

Processor Chocolate drop
Cooling Vanilla
If you click on the OK box and then go to Tools, it wont allow you to run the System Stability Test? Although, I do recall this happening in he past, as if there is a hidden folder or registry entry that has a timed measure for the trial.

If you cannot get passed it, there are things like Intel Burn Test, OCCT, RealBench, and many other options for loading the CPU.

When I click ok, It just closes the program down! :confused: I'll check some other programs you've mentioned.
Thank you.

ive had many H2O loops, custom & AIO, and several Corsairs, the H110iGTX is a Beast, it has 280mm Rads and is VERY effective @ cooling, plus it has RGB lighting ;)
fits easily in my case too
Phanteks Enthoo PRo M Acryllic

I have the first gen H110 not the H110iGTX, that's the new one it does look really amazing, It's why I'm planning on later sometime end of the year, getting the H115i that has RGB lighting, and the new versions of the H series like the H110GTX you've mentioned have better cooling and radiators! I also love the wiring on the new ones! they are like threaded or whatever people call them!

Looks better than just the standard rubber piping !

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
Predator AIO look to be discontinued at this point which is unsurprising considering the leaking issue at the start.

Swiftech H220x2 best bang for buck for a high end AIO. performance would be similar to an H115i tho.

Going for the large H320 will likely offer better temps if it will fit. But today's CPUs especially the mainstream Intel offerings do not really need this level of cooling even when oced

That said H115i isnt going to be a huge upgrade over the H110 its the same similar design just updated.

H115i is about $130 H220x2 non prestige is $140 the h240x2 is $150. I would rather pay the $20 more for over the corsair for the H240x2 premium kit thats quieter with some nice features.

That said generally speaking performance will remain similar across all of them. Corsair AIOs are nice to look at it but they really are just average same with most AIOs these days. They are cookie cutter clones for the most part.

Processor Chocolate drop
Cooling Vanilla
Predator AIO look to be discontinued at this point which is unsurprising considering the leaking issue at the start.

Swiftech H220x2 best bang for buck for a high end AIO. performance would be similar to an H115i tho.

Going for the large H320 will likely offer better temps if it will fit. But today's CPUs especially the mainstream Intel offerings do not really need this level of cooling even when oced

That said H115i isnt going to be a huge upgrade over the H110 its the same similar design just updated.

H115i is about $130 H220x2 non prestige is $140 the h240x2 is $150. I would rather pay the $20 more for over the corsair for the H240x2 premium kit thats quieter with some nice features.

That said generally speaking performance will remain similar across all of them. Corsair AIOs are nice to look at it but they really are just average same with most AIOs these days. They are cookie cutter clones for the most part.

Do you have the fill the H240x2 up yourself? I'd be scared of leaks! or damaging such a thing, or not doing it correctly, but it doesn't look to hard or as difficult as most coolers I've seen,
and is the H240x2 just quieter? or is it better cooling? EKWB have leaking issues, see this is what i'm worried about with such coolers! I understand any liquid cooler may have or can get leaks, but I've used to corsair because it's all i've used and I've only ever owned 2 liquid coolers in my life, both from corsair, no problems at all!

I don't want to go after something I have to fill myself "If I can help it", if I have to go with something that I have to fill it be something in the EKWB range or the H240x2 you've mentioned, all assembled and nothing their to do mainly yourself!, If all AIOS are pretty much same cooling rise, I'm best of sticking with buying a H115i, either when warranty runs out, or during cyber or black friday sales.

System Name -aLiEn beaTs-
Processor Intel i7 11700kf @ 5.055Ghz
Motherboard MSI Z490 Unify
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro RGB
Memory G.skill Royal Silver 4400 cl17 @ 4403mhz
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 980TI AMP!Omega Factory OC 1418MHz
Storage Intel SSD 330, Crucial SSD MX300 & MX500
Display(s) Samsung C24FG73 144HZ
Case CoolerMaster HAF 932 USB3.0
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium HD @ 2.1 Bose acoustimass 5
Power Supply CoolerMaster 850W v2 gold atx 2.52
Mouse Razer viper 8k
Keyboard Logitech G19s
Software Windows 11 Pro 21h2 64Bit
Benchmark Scores ► ♪♫♪♩♬♫♪♭
System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
whatever people call them!
Sleeved, and it Feels amazing on your fingers :)

you wont be dissapointed with them, they are REALLY good @ what they do. mine keeps a G3258 clocked @ 4.8Ghz Under 54C ..MAX

Processor Chocolate drop
Cooling Vanilla

I'm wait before getting a new one, got ages yet. but the fans you mention isn't a bad idea, is there anything better than the current ones I own?
I know you've posted some but when it comes to fans, the words and stuff confuse the hell out of me!

I currently use "2x SP120s Quiet edition, 120mm, 1450 rpm, 23dba" Fans to cool my h110 anything better you can recommend? always open to fans!
Obviously not extremely noisy fans! ha!

Sleeved, and it Feels amazing on your fingers :)

you wont be dissapointed with them, they are REALLY good @ what they do. mine keeps a G3258 clocked @ 4.8Ghz Under 54C ..MAX

Sleeved yes that's it!, the it really does make the tubing look so much better!

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
Corsair AIOs leak all AIOs leak doesnt mean it WILL happen but it can if your that deathly afraid of an AIO leaking go buy an air cooler

Swiftech is quieter has upgrade options is made of premium components and looks good. While every year more and more vendors pop out AIOs based on 3 designs. Asetek / Coolit / Alphacool.

Generally speaking you can trace back just about every AIO on the market to those three vendors bar a few that tend to find themselves embroiled in patent lawsuits.

Meanwhile EK / Swiftech offer high end kits based on custom water cooling components.

In terms of longevity i would take a Swiftech over the typical AIOs on offer. Just because I review them and I am tired of cookie cutter designs.

Looking at Corsair / Thermaltake / Arctic / Silverstone etc etc etc the main difference tends to be the plastic pump housing used and the fans bundled. Granted thats a huge generalization but for the most part it rings true.

Last edited:
Processor Chocolate drop
Cooling Vanilla
Corsair AIOs leak all AIOs leak doesnt mean it WILL happen but it can if your that deathly afraid of an AIO leaking go buy an air cooler

Swiftech is quieter has upgrade options is made of premium components and looks good. While every year more and more vendors pop out AIOs based on 3 designs. Asetek / Coolit / Alphacool.

Generally speaking you can trace back just about every AIO on the market to those three vendors bar a few that tend to find themselves embroiled in patent lawsuits.

Meanwhile EK / Swiftech offer high end kits based on custom water cooling components.

In terms of longevity i would take a Swiftech over the typical AIOs on offer. Just because I review them and I am tired of cookie cutter designs.

Looking at Corsair / Thermaltake / Arctic / Silverstone etc etc etc the main difference tends to be the plastic pump housing used and the fans bundled. Granted thats a huge generalization but for the most part it rings true.

As I mentioned previously and so have you I know any AIO leak, just you are lucky like me for example if yours doesn't HA!, I'm just more after closed because least it's physically closed if you know what i mean, but with something you have to fill you have to worry if you've shut it enough, I don't mind going after certain products like EKWB , or anything like that, as long as it's not to physical and requires to much maintenance on my side! also are the swiftechs better than any other cooler like h115i? if not. than meh.