• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AIW 9800pro line out pinout

absolutefunk

AIW 9800pro boot/screen garbage issues

Howdy,

I received my refurb AIW 9800p, and it didn't come with any cables. More specifically I need to know the pinout for the line-out connect on the card. I have a modded audio cable that I used for an older CDROM and the connector fits in there, but on the card end the left channel pin is in pin 3, when on the mobo it is in pin4 (red, ground, N/A, white). I'm wondering if it's supposed to be on pin 4 on the card too? Right now on the card side it's red, ground, white, N/A. I accidentely inserted the cable reversed and the system would reboot every 5sec with garbage text, so I switched it around and the system would boot past the initial post, then the screen would display garbage when the SATA init would take place and stay garbage (however the system did boot to windows, though it was garbage too). It did this a couple times even when I unplugged the cable altogether, though now it seems it's working. I'll reboot a couple more times to see if things are working before i reinstall the drivers.

-Brian

Last edited:

absolutefunk

Well I searched and found the pinout diagram for the AIW. Turns out the correct connection was the first one that I had. I'm wondering then, why doesn't the system boot when it's connected to the mobo's line in. With out that connection I won't have sound when watching stuff through the tuner. Any help would be awesome!

-Brian

absolutefunk

Okay, tried to boot up when returned home, and it's a no go. Even though my PSU is more than adequate (Antec TruePower 430w), I still tested it by transferring the HD load to another spare PSU (True 480w) I have laying around. Still my system kept rebooting during post with garbage on the screen. So I transfered the 9800's power to the spare PSU, and still the same thing. Again the prob only went away after rebooting a few more times. Same situation. I leave the system on for a few minutes and the system will boot to windows with the garbage on the screen. Reboot again and all is good (well except this time when I was gonna write this and the screen garbaged out on me). The garbage looks very similar to what happens when you try to OC your RAM too far. Is there anything I can do to save this card? I'm getting sick and tired of being cheated out when I buy gfx cards. My 9600XT was not an XT, and now it appears I have a refurb AIW 9800pro that is NOT refurbished. I'm about ready to just get a refund AGAIN and just use my 8500 until one day when I actually have enough money to buy a good gfx card NEW.

-Brian

absolutefunk

Well I pulled the 9800 and put my 8500 back in. Still having the same prob! Looks like something musta happened when I installed the 9800pro. I'm confused. Any help would be appreciated!

-Brian

absolutefunk

Woohoo, okay fixed the prob. Turned out my PSU was dying. Put in my spare and all is good again. I guess the added draw of the 9800 sped up my PSU's demise ;)

-Brian