• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Akasa Rolls Out Turing A50 Case for ASUS PN50 Ryzen 4000-powered Mini PC

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Akasa ended the year with the release of the Turing A50, a fanless all-aluminium case with which you can replace the case that comes with the ASUS PN50 mini-PC. The ASUS PN50, if you recall, is a NUC-sized mini-PC that uses 15-Watt AMD Ryzen 4000-series "Renoir" mobile processors. The Akasa Turing A50 is a variation of the original Turing NUC case the company released back in February 2019, but with its innards re-designed for the ASUS PN50 mainboard. On the front side, you get mounts for the board's headset jack, two USB 3.2 ports (from which one is type-C and has DisplayPort passthrough), and the IR receiver. The rear has mounts for the three other display outputs, and a couple more USB ports, and the DC power input. Internally, the case features an SoC cooler base designed to mount onto the "Renoir" SoC, from which a few copper heat-pipes convey heat to the case's aluminium body, which doubles up as a heatsink. Fanless Tech reports that the case should be available from February 2021.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z87 Extreme 4
Cooling Lepa NeoIllusion RGB CPU cooler
Memory 2*4GB Patriot G2 Series RAM
Video Card(s) MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB
Storage Transcend SSD 740 256GB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB
Display(s) Samsung SA 300 24" Full HD
Case NZXT Phantom 530 + Bitfenix Recon fan controller
Audio Device(s) Creative SB0770 X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Power Supply PC Power and Cooling Silencer MkIII 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Steelseries Apex RAW
Benchmark Scores IT WORKS
Hm, they made a case to upgrade specific prebuild PC. How many of those they expect to sell?

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Overall I like it, and even though is was designed for a specific mini-pc, it's good to see somebody at least trying to do something a little different design-wise, which is a whole lot moar than we can say for almost every other pc case mfgr out there in the past 3-4 years....

Perhaps some gifted modder will figure out more uses for it :D

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
Overall I like it, and even though is was designed for a specific mini-pc, it's good to see somebody at least trying to do something a little different design-wise, which is a whole lot moar than we can say for almost every other pc case mfgr out there in the past 3-4 years....

Perhaps some gifted modder will figure out more uses for it :D

Case design these days are pathetic indeed. They just make them overly large for no reason (a ton of wasted space), lots of glass and just generally same design overall.

The New England region of the United States
System Name Daily Driver(gaming, browsing)
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aurus Pro Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black
Memory 32GB(2x16GB) Patriot Viper DDR4-3200C16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB (Boot/OS)|Hynix Platinum P41 2TB (Games)|Kingston KC3000 2TB (Misc)
Display(s) Gigabyte G27F
Case Corsair Graphite 600T w/mesh side
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z625 2.1 | cheapo gaming headset when mic is needed
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Redragon M808-KS Storm Pro (Great Value)
Keyboard Redragon K512 Shiva replaced a Corsair K70 Lux - Blue on Black
VR HMD Nope
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Nope
I'm glad to see Akasa's low volume business model is still working for them. In my experience Akasa cases cool processors better than the original designs. Example, Intel NUCs usually have a little tiny heatsink fan in them. If you extract the motherboard and put into an Akasa passive case and it will run much cooler with zero noise. At the time my goal was getting rid of fans to avoid metallic dust ingress but the cases not only did that, they made the NUCs run faster. I obviously can't speak for this model but that was my experience several years ago with a few different Akasa cases and a few different Intel NUC models.

Whew this is a really nice design, hats off to Akasa for making something that sets itself apart while looking really sleek and modern!