• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Akasa Unveils Updated Maxwell Pro Plus Case with LGA1700 Support

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Akasa, a leading provider of passive cooling solutions and fanless cases, have announced an update to their popular Maxwell Pro fanless case. The new Maxwell Pro Plus is now compatible with the LGA1700 socket from Intel, and some of their highest performing 12th generation processors with integrated graphics, including the Intel Core i9-12900.

High-end processors usually require a hefty cooler equipped with high-speed fans, but Akasa's Maxwell Pro plus fanless Mini-ITX case can tame the beast, all whilst producing nothing but silence. The Maxwell Pro can handle the newest 12th Generation of Intel Core processors up to 65 W TDP (including backwards compatibility for LGA 1200 and 115x sockets) and is the perfect pair for activities such as content creation and 4K video streaming. The high-performance fanless case can adequately maintain temperatures around 80°C under load and completes the tremendous trio of Plus cases in Akasa's new range. The Maxwell Pro Plus is compatible with latest 600 Series Mini-ITX motherboards such as ASUS's ROG STRIX Z690-I and B660-I, Gigabyte's Z690I/B660I Aorus Ultra, and MSI's MEG Z690I Unify.

The curved edges are smooth, producing a softer effect, and allows the minimalist design to blend in well with almost any environment. The case is made to be displayed; it can be used as a statement piece in a home theatre, desktop setup, or recording studio. An optional external power pack (AK-PD150-02K) and the internal power adapter (AK-PE150-05) are advised to make full use of the silent heat dissipation, which can be hidden away for a clean aesthetic.

Pricing and Availability
  • The Maxwell Pro Plus starts at £188.50/€194.50/$228.65 (prices may vary by reseller)
  • The Maxwell Pro Plus are available to order throughout the UK, Europe, US, and Russia. Contact sales@akasa.co.uk to find a reseller near you.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name ChronicleScienceWorkStation
Processor AMD Threadripper 1950X
Motherboard Asrock X399 Taichi
Cooling Noctua U14S-TR4
Memory G.Skill DDR4 3200 C14 16GB*4
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon VII
Storage Samsung 970 Pro*1, Kingston A2000 1TB*2 RAID 0, HGST 8TB*5 RAID 6
Case Lian Li PC-A75X
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Software Proxmox 6.2
Really like their cases and their persistent in making them, had an Euler S from long time ago and it was amazing.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Nice, sturdy looking little box, however.....

NO C - No BUY - NO EXCUSES, especially at that price...

I have a i3 NUC in a Akasa Plato as my HTPC. Build quality is exceptional, pretty straight forward to build, and it has no problems keeping things cool. Not a cheap upgrade but it turns the NUC into a cheap looking lump of plastic you want to hide into a silent high-end looking piece of equipment you want to be seen.

This would be a great upgrade if we can ever get access to the upcoming APUs with current gen graphics.