1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Akasa Venom Toxic

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
    10 Year Member at TPU
  2. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I prefer the Rosewill Thor V2. Which is this case, but not quite as "loud"

3. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    I like this pic....

[​IMG]

it looks like the case is growing a massive white afro.

4. Pugster New Member

Thanks Received:
    My current system is running 4 x 14cm , high RPM, PWM fans and 1 x 22cm LED fan which totals less than 20W so I fail to see how 40W can be considered a weak controller?? Are you thinking of industrial Delta fans?

5. red1414 New Member

Thanks Received:
    how is 6.6w per fan weak? an average 250mm with led's is around 5w. 6.6w is a rather generous allotment for case fans I think.

6. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I was comparing it to the fan controllers on the market that can handle up to 50W a channel, but you are both right and I agree, 40W is enough for everyday scenarios, but not for extreme uses. And this case sells itself as - and I quote "the ultimate gaming case, unconventional and revolutionary".

Imagine a car manufacturer calling a car the "ultimate sports car, unconventional and revolutionary" and then it comes with a normal VW Golf engine or wiring or...you get my point :)

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. red1414 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I think they may have overstated its greatness a wee bit :twitch:

8. Major_A

Major_A

Thanks Received:
    Why on earth did they put a blue LED fan in that case? Either color match the LED to the exterior or install a fan without an LED.

9. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    ok stretch this case to support WTX n Lower, add 2 USB 3.0 Ports Up Front with the 20 Pin connector, audio, USB 2.0, Yellow LED Fans or Color Change units. More 5.25 Bays

10. tomex New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi! I own the Nox Hummer wich is the same case but better looking and costs 100€. I have problems with the fan controller, it doesn't have enough power for all the fans, I have 2*230 mm and 4*140 mm and when the knobs are at the minimum at least one fan doesn't spin.
    One more thing, on the Nox Hummer you don't need to remove the front to install an optical drive and there is no USB 3.0 and all the fans are white and the MB tray is also white.

11. Reefer86

Reefer86

Thanks Received:
    akasa is a very very cheep company, they offer below par products for 'cheep' prices you will find this rubbish in most retail stores for silly priices.

it wouldn't surprise me if the build quality of the case wasnt great at all, akasa are a European company that imports cheep Chinese crap.and slaps gaming and high performance on the box and lesser informed people buy it.

tbh i think this is way over priced they produce something that looks half acceptable to be used in a childrens playpit and they smack a huge price tag on, tbh tat. There is far better cases in that price range and build qulaity and looks. so why the good rating.

HOW this scores that high i will never understand, ive been reading tpu for over 5 years now but im starting to be confused with low quality high priced products like this sliping in with 'good' comments and recommended marks from reviewers.
    ive always loved tpu for their quality and in-depth reviews but these 'ratings and recommendatory comments are misleading users i think, this is a below par case for what other offerings are on the table so surely we shouldnt be recommending this product to potential readers.

i dont understand are you trying to not upset them or something!?

this is a poor product that has a high price tag for what it is, its missing essentials tbh of a new launched case, look else where. END

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  12. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    The Shinetsu TIM was kick ass from the company, used it for my laptop for the chipset and vid card

13. tomex New Member

Thanks Received:
    Have you used one?
    I own coolermaster and NZXT cases and I can say that the quality of this case is at the same level if not better. Besides almost all companies use chinese stuff they don't own their own factories.

14. Letrip New Member

Thanks Received:
    Design problem

Hi, I just ordered one of these as a build from Chillblast. There is a design problem that the built in fan controller buzzes when the fans are turned down. Its been returned to Chillblast and they have tried 2 more with the same issue, so the fans will have to be connected to the motherboard for control instead.