• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Alienware Upgrades Laptop Lineup and Unveils Aurora Ryzen Edition R10 Desktop

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
Alienware, the gaming division of Dell Technologies, has today announced a lineup refresh, meaning that all of the existing products will get upgraded to versions with the latest hardware. And to start off, the company has equipped their thin and powerful Alienware m15 R4 and m17 R4 laptops with the latest hardware we saw announced just yesterday. The laptops are equipped with 12-phase voltage regulation modules to power the newest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3000 series of mobile GPUs. To pair with a strong GPU, Alienware decided to use 10th generation Intel Comet Lake-H designs. These new laptops can be equipped with up to 4 TB of PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD storage and up to 32 GB of 2933 MHz RAM. For display, options range from FHD LCD to a 4K OLED panel and 360 Hz refresh rate for the m17 R4 model.

Besides the new laptop upgrades, Alienware has prepared some new desktops. With AMD's newest generation of Ryzen processors, the 5000 series, the company has decided to offer a machine in their lineup called Alienware Aurora Ryzen Edition R10. The Ryzen Edition R10 is a PC with a configuration of up to 16 cores, and AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT series graphics card, or NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3000 series graphics card options. We don't know why the AMD GPU configuration goes only up to RX 6800 XT and not the faster RX 6900 XT GPU, however, you can surely configure the right solution for you here.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Magnificent! Another overpriced Alienware series proudly offered by Dell, the market leader in warranties!

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
Magnificent! Another overpriced Alienware series proudly offered by Dell, the market leader in warranties!

Dunno may you had bad experience, but from all the laptop brands I've had in my life, Dell has been the most long lasting. Yes, they release a BIOS update once in a blue moon and yes some design choices are questionable. But compared to an Asus, that fell apart and Lenovo, that couldn't fix their USB 3.0 drivers and artificially limited their GPU clocks to stop it from overheating...yeah I'd take that Dell again.

Dunno may you had bad experience, but from all the laptop brands I've had in my life, Dell has been the most long lasting. Yes, they release a BIOS update once in a blue moon and yes some design choices are questionable. But compared to an Asus, that fell apart and Lenovo, that couldn't fix their USB 3.0 drivers and artificially limited their GPU clocks to stop it from overheating...yeah I'd take that Dell again.
Dell laptops are fine, their warranty can suck my epeen though.