• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Alleged ASUS AMD X570 Motherboard Price-list Paints a Horror Story

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
AMD dictates X570 must support PCIe 4.0.

PCIe 4.0 needs at least a 6-layer board for signaling.

6-layer (minimum) boards cost a lot more.

Do the math.

Still don't see the justification. Distinctly remember Asus and Gigabyte advertising 8/10 layer pcbs used in their MBs for their prime/deluxe/rog/ultra durable/aorus boards and those boards were $150-250 not 300-500.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
Still don't see the justification. Distinctly remember Asus and Gigabyte advertising 8/10 layer pcbs used in their MBs for their prime/deluxe/rog/ultra durable/aorus boards and those boards were $150-250 not 300-500.

How many years ago, though? Dollars lost fair bit of value since then.

Granted not that much, just saying it's a factor.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
Not long ago, 2 years ago when first gen ryzen came out, that when I was shopping mbs.

System Name The cube
Processor AMD Ryzen 5700g
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright ARO-M14
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3800mhz
Video Card(s) Powercolor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil
Storage Kingston 1TB NV2| 2x 1TB 2.5" Hitachi 7200rpm | 2TB 2.5" Toshiba USB 3.0
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G5 32" + LG 24MP59G 24"
Case Chieftec CI-02B-OP
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Extreme Audio PCI-E (SB1040)
Power Supply Corsair HX1200
Mouse Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed
Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
Software Win10 x64 PRO
Benchmark Scores Mobile: Asus Strix Advantage G713QY | Ryzen 7 5900HX | 16GB Micron 3200MHz CL21 | RX 6800M 12GB |
We're talking about Asus here. Overpriced has been their middle name for a good few years now. I'll probably be going with whichever manufacturer provides a good quality vrm setup, decent bios and good price/performance ratio. That means Asrock, Biostar or Gigabyte.

I find it funny that for years Intel and Nvidia have been purging peoples wallets and everyone has just sucked it up. Now after a decade of being the "cheap option" AMD have found parity with Intel and adjusted their pricing on products accordingly. All of a sudden people are loosing their minds. AMD are a for profit organization in a cut throat industry, what do people expect, free stuff? I will still buy AMD, and I don't mind paying a premium price for a halo product.

Amd promises only difference will be Pci-E 4.0 and no performance degregation.
But I doubt the 16 core will be good on any B-3\450 boards.
X370\470 boards should have no issues without clocking them to the moon.

12 core on even the 3 phase AB350 pro4 should be fine at stock.
Why!!?? Who will use that combination?

Last edited:

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
As a matter of fact, I do. I try to share information here, but it seems people are more interested in bickering here than to pause for a second and read up on things, as well as trying to understand why things are the way they are. Apparently sharing knowledge gets you nasty comments instead, which is great, so yes, my posts have become rude and abrupt because of it.

Eight layers, I wouldn't doubt, 10, hmmm, not so likely unless you have some super high-end workstation or server boards.

Neither am I, just pointing out that Asus is not the most expensive when it comes the X570 boards, since they seemingly got a lot of flack here.

It's not that simple, as the X570 chipset itself is comparable to Intel's Z390 in terms of cost (I'm afraid I don't have exact numbers, but same ballpark), but the addition of the PCIe 4.0 redrivers/retimers adds about $10-20 in cost to each board. On top of this, a lot of new, but maybe not very obvious board design changes have had to be developed for PCIe 4.0, which costs R&D time and money and the boards makers seemingly wants to recuperate that money as quickly as possible. This all leads to higher priced retail products, especially when the board makers knows that AMD has a good CPU coming, so they try to see what the market will bear. This happens time and time again, so nothing new there.

ASRock hasn't had anything to do with Asus for around a decade, so please update your memory banks...
ASRock is owned by Pegatron which was entirely separated from Asus in 2012 and ASRock has been independent since the split between Asus, Pegatron and Unihan in 2008.

Well please enlighten me as I'm always up for learning something new especially when it's down to my hobbie I enjoy :) Plus I can't see the point in arguing, so I prefer to just be polite and smile a lot of the time :) Easy life and all that jazz....

Oh for the motherboards I have, after a quick check, I've most are 8 and at the best 12 layered boards. Quite surprising to be honest some of them but I funnily couldn't see anything to do with any of the Asus boards (from their product pages on their site, I couldn't see anything that mentioned 6/8/10 layered PCB boards....??) only find some rough guides that they might actually be only 6 layers (Crosshair 6 Hero boards.. Any ideas?) I've honestly no idea what motherboards are in my servers (range from Dell R610's to R730's... Any ideas on how to find out?? I'll try a Google in a bit...)

I have a feeling I might possibly be going to Asrock for a lot of motherboards to be honest.. Asus as many have said, seem to be a little bit over priced... But hey, we can move on past that point now :)

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Custom WC
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200MHz C16 @ 3800MHz C16
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XTX (MBA)
Storage 2x SN770 2TB, 4x 870 EVO 4TB
Display(s) Asus MG279Q
Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 (Mods: Front mesh panel, improved top panel for airflow)
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply CoolerMaster V850
Mouse Logitech G700S
Keyboard Cherry MX-Board 3.0
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/fs/29041947 https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/84973091
C6H/C7H 6 layers, The Stilt states in his group test ASUS/Gigabyte/MSI all used 6 layers.

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Extreme and MSI X570 Godlike are 8. I think also Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi is also 8. Be interesting to see how the 6 layers fare. TBH more so looking forward to seeing how a 3000 series clocks for RAM on X370/X470.

System Name Red Bandit
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS PRIME X670E-PRO WIFI
Cooling Mo-Ra3 420 W/4x Noctua NF-A20S - 2xD5's/1xDDC 4.2
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO EXPO 6000CL30/3000/2000
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RX 6900 XT Ultimate Xtreme WaterForce WB 16GB
Storage Adata SX8200 PRO 2TB x 2
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7 32" 240HZ
Case Jonsbo D41 Mesh/Screen
Audio Device(s) Logitech Pro X Wireless
Power Supply Corsair RM1000e v2 ATX 3.0
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Corsair K70 MX RED Low profile
Software W11 Pro
You call this expensive? :D:D:D:D:D

Here in Denmark , the "Cheap" boards starts from 300 US dollars , The Asus Z390Extreme(top dog) costs 610 US Dollars

System Name Multiple - Win7, Win10, Kubuntu
Processor Intel Core i7 3820 OC@ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1333MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire ATI Radeon RX 480 8GB
Storage Samsung SSD: 970 EVO 1TB, 2x870 EVO 250GB,860 Evo 250GB,850 Evo 250GB, WD 4x1TB, 2x2TB, 4x4TB
Display(s) Asus PB328Q 32' 1440p@75hz
Case Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper
Power Supply Corsair HX750, HX550, Galaxy 520W
Mouse Multiple, Razer Mamba Elite, Logitech M500
Keyboard Multiple - Lenovo, HP, Dell, Logitech
I like to rant sometimes when I feel good, even if something's annoying sometimes it's just cool in another way. I don't even know my self to be honest, when I heard it has fans on the chipset I was like "HECK YEAH"

I'll see how much issues I'll have with the fan ... but the pricing stuff doesn't sound well, because most of the cool hand features that cost low they kinda put only on top models to make them more premium-like, even tho ALL BOARDS could have the digital numpad and buttons and LEDs for practically minimal amount of cost but they're so cheap, paying so much more to get that stuff is just such a pain in the ass, but we'll see. Also I need a lot of sata ports and I hope there's some kind of a souped-up mid level board with extra sata ports.

I think it's interesting because it's something new to experience, something new to troubleshoot, something new to FIX ... as much as I'm sick of my present computer's issues due to FAILING SATA PORTS ON THE MOBO THAT DROVE ME CRAZY FOR +1 YEAR TO FINALLY FIND THE SOURCE OF THE PROBLEM i'm still mostly a fiddle-tweak-troubleshot-maintenance guy that just likes this kind of stuff, and yes sometimes I take too much at once and kinda crash in the end, it's was what it was, I'll get more organized so I can enojy the hobby with minimal stress level.

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard ASUS Prime X470 Pro
Cooling Arctic liquid freezer II 240
Memory 2 x 16 Gb Gskill Trident Z 3600 Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3060 Ti OC
Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500 Gb / 860 EVO 1 Tb
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G703
Keyboard Logitech G513
Software Win 11
Why dont you compare launch prices for the x470 instead of current prices ?
My x470 prime pro was $185 when it launched and it didn't come with beefed up VRM or PCIE4 obviously it costs more for all the circuitry to support those two things.
Also its not like you cant use x470 or even x370 if cost is an issue in which case you wouldnt be considering x570 anyway because you cant afford raid NVME or PCIE 4.0 cards anyway.
TPU reporting is literally becoming reddit post reporting

Where did you guys get the ASRock pricing? I can’t find it anywhere.

I mean, yeah, at $360 the CHVIII is expensive, but I’ll probably still end up with one.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
I doubt ill swap this crosshair tbh.

I hope to put a 3900x in it and be done.

Look at the market, Nvidia have upsold twice in the last few years, Intel prices have increased on mainstream and because they could they made hedt platform with higher pricing.

And intel were selling us quads for years man, with socket swaps that WERE NOT needed,, theses boards run up to 16 cores, I'm telling you as an engineer , pciex 4 takes more R and D, testing and more expensive parts including more parts (redriver chip/s).

With boards from 160-700 quid i don't see your point as valid.

As I said, watch intels prices , have you seen some of the boards you can buy Now for Intel chips.

Because you don't see it? , just means you don't see it.

There's a Bit of gouging going on but it's not Amd that Makes the boards.

AM4 boards are more expensive now than...ever actually in Canada. I want a Micro Center. I wonder if I can do a kickstarter campaign to make Micro Center sale prices available to the world lol.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Don't see why pcie4 would add $100. Boards with Pcie3/usb3 didn't command a solid $100 premium when they were bleeding edge. If you want to line up and to get robbed by all means go ahead.

It doesn't, but when you have extra BOM costs of say around $30 for PCIe 4.0, you add a few other new things, you increase that BOM cost to $40, add margins, add distributor margins and reseller margins... it quickly adds up and becomes $100, unfortunately.

Well please enlighten me as I'm always up for learning something new especially when it's down to my hobbie I enjoy :) Plus I can't see the point in arguing, so I prefer to just be polite and smile a lot of the time :) Easy life and all that jazz....

Oh for the motherboards I have, after a quick check, I've most are 8 and at the best 12 layered boards. Quite surprising to be honest some of them but I funnily couldn't see anything to do with any of the Asus boards (from their product pages on their site, I couldn't see anything that mentioned 6/8/10 layered PCB boards....??) only find some rough guides that they might actually be only 6 layers (Crosshair 6 Hero boards.. Any ideas?) I've honestly no idea what motherboards are in my servers (range from Dell R610's to R730's... Any ideas on how to find out?? I'll try a Google in a bit...)

I have a feeling I might possibly be going to Asrock for a lot of motherboards to be honest.. Asus as many have said, seem to be a little bit over priced... But hey, we can move on past that point now :)

A lot of motherboards have a little "window" or indicator that shows you how many layers they have, something along the lines of this:

It's the easiest way to see how many layers the boards have. Six seems to be standard for most consumer grade motherboards, although cheap boards tend to be four and higher-end boards eight, rarely 10.

Considering you have server boards, they might be 12, but that got to be some dual socket boards or better then I'm guessing.
Layers aren't added for the hell of it, they're only added when needed or as a selling point. Generally smaller boards tend to need more layers as well, as you have less space to route the signals. This is why mini-ITX boards are often eight, rather than six layers.

You call this expensive? :D:D:D:D:D

Here in Denmark , the "Cheap" boards starts from 300 US dollars , The Asus Z390Extreme(top dog) costs 610 US Dollars

You need to start shopping online, from anywhere else within the EU it would seem...
I thought Sweden was expensive, until I realised how expensive Denmark was. Well, then there's Norway, but hey...

Thanks.
It would be interesting to have a look at Gerber data of modern mainboards to see how they do the fan-out of all impedance controlled differential and single ended lines out of processor with 6 layers. :p

Maybe my layout colleagues can learn somethings. :laugh:

Just checked with someone and apparently there already are four layer X570 boards.
Expect the sub $200 board to be four layer boards.

Last edited:

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
It doesn't, but when you have extra BOM costs of say around $30 for PCIe 4.0, you add a few other new things, you increase that BOM cost to $40, add margins, add distributor margins and reseller margins... it quickly adds up and becomes $100, unfortunately.

A lot of motherboards have a little "window" or indicator that shows you how many layers they have, something along the lines of this:

It's the easiest way to see how many layers the boards have. Six seems to be standard for most consumer grade motherboards, although cheap boards tend to be four and higher-end boards eight, rarely 10.

Considering you have server boards, they might be 12, but that got to be some dual socket boards or better then I'm guessing.
Layers aren't added for the hell of it, they're only added when needed or as a selling point. Generally smaller boards tend to need more layers as well, as you have less space to route the signals. This is why mini-ITX boards are often eight, rather than six layers.

The two boards I have that are 12 layers are the EVGA X79 Dark and the EVGA X299 Dark.. I was quite surprised. I'll have to find out what the server boards are, will be interesting to see :)

On the Asrock boards I have, they have the indicator in plain sight but the Asus boards I couldn't see anything marked on them, oh well :)

I believe the EVGA SR-2 is only 8 layer but then that's a rather old board. I'll check over the server boards and report back :)

Side note - I see PCStats, what a great forum and site that used to be :)

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
On a different note, it looks like the cheapest "tier 1" boards will be $159, apparently MSI will start at $189, hence why their CEO was so quick to go out and complain about pricing I guess...
Only expect a few models under $200 from all the board makers, as in less than a handful. So those complaining that Asus is expensive, this seems to be the new norm. :(

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
Distinctly remember Asus and Gigabyte advertising 8/10 layer pcbs used in their MBs for their prime/deluxe/rog/ultra durable/aorus boards and those boards were $150-250 not 300-500.
Asus starts at $159, what boards are you talking about?

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
On a different note, it looks like the cheapest "tier 1" boards will be $159, apparently MSI will start at $189, hence why their CEO was so quick to go out and complain about pricing I guess...
Only expect a few models under $200 from all the board makers, as in less than a handful. So those complaining that Asus is expensive, this seems to be the new norm. :(

I'm sure when things come a bit more 'normal' prices might drop down a little but I will wait and see :)

I might have to rethink the Crosshair Formula collection if the boards are going to cost $700.....

Just waiting on the reviews for the kit and CPUs now..

> Its slightly bolstered twin, the TUF

oh, this could be good

> Gaming

oh, nevermind

"The cheapest AMD X570 motherboard from ASUS is the Prime X570-P, which is priced at USD $159.99. Its slightly bolstered twin, the TUF Gaming X570-Plus will go for $169.99. A variant of this exact board with integrated Wi-Fi 6 will be priced at $184.99. This is where things get crazy. "

For the sane among us then:

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
"The cheapest AMD X570 motherboard from ASUS is the Prime X570-P, which is priced at USD $159.99. Its slightly bolstered twin, the TUF Gaming X570-Plus will go for $169.99. A variant of this exact board with integrated Wi-Fi 6 will be priced at $184.99. This is where things get crazy. "

For the sane among us then:

That's not bad on the TUF, altho I would like a couple of USB-C to the front. I could go with sticking a 3700 on that....

The X470 and B450 but even X370 and B350 are just as good as X570. It doesn't have PCI-E 4.0 which will mean zero difference in everyday performance, plus many expressed their concern about that mobo fan.

iGigaFlop

Well its the aorus master or the crosshair 7 for me their both are close in price. Im getting the 3900x i have a 2700x with a crosshair 7 and i know it would be up to the task and i was gonna get a cheap b450 board for the 2700x but the new vrm’s look pretty good. I think the aorus might be better i dont think its using doublers. But i also have an 8700k with a aorus gaming 7 great motherboard bad bios i like asus’s bios so much more so i might just get the non wifi crosshair viii.

Oh noes, I have to spend 200$ for a motherboard for a 12-core CPU. Hint, to feed that amount of cores with significant data for processing you will need 16-32GB of ram anyway.