• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD A10-5800K Capable of 6.50 GHz over LN2: Company

System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
As far I've played with APU, the bottleneck is the crappy memory controller, therefore the margin between those gpus isn't very big. It wasn't with G92 and RV770 like that. No magic involved. If AMD had something similar as Intel's memory bandwidth, then it would become more fun.
You can also add AMD's lack luster cache structure that they've been messing with per each generation but choose not to fix. If AMD can re-design both the IMC and cache, they'll be way better off in both efficiency and performance.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
if I went out and built another pc today and was gonna spend >600 bucks. it would be intel because I know in ~4 years that THAT 3750k I bought today will still be-able to offer good (gaming)performance. with amd its a crap shoot if you don't believe me pull of some benchmarks of a Q8400 Vrs a Phenom II 940 yes most titles are very playable and there is less then a 20Fps difference but 20Fps can make the difference between playable and a slideshow ...

< some people are still running phenomIIx4 core cpu's , some have dual graphics attached to them and this one guy would like to say shut up, learn how to setup and Oc a pc right, my Pc has zero issues playing any game maxed out and i have no issues at this time with stuttering or low fps on any something the intel Epeen crew need to consider is many are doing ok on what Amdbashers are now allegeing to be totally inadequate, stop arguing about Bs Amd work fine on the crappy ports and even pc orig games out today

i bet i could pop over to the intel hits 7Ghz thread and not sea the same people moaning about Ocing on Ln2 there or its relevance.

System Name My baby
Processor Athlon II X4 620 @ 3.5GHz, 1.45v, NB @ 2700Mhz, HT @ 2700Mhz - 24hr prime95 stable
Motherboard Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
Cooling Sonic Tower Rev 2 with 120mm Akasa attached, Akasa @ Front, Xilence Red Wing 120mm @ Rear
Memory 8 GB G.Skills 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI ASUS Crossfire 5850
Storage Crucial MX100 SATA 2.5 SSD
Display(s) Lenovo ThinkVision 27" (LEN P27h-10)
Case Antec VSK 2000 Black Tower Case
Audio Device(s) Onkyo TX-SR309 Receiver, 2x Kef Cresta 1, 1x Kef Center 20c
Power Supply OCZ StealthXstream II 600w, 4x12v/18A, 80% efficiency.
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
if I went out and built another pc today and was gonna spend >600 bucks. it would be intel because I know in ~4 years that THAT 3750k I bought today will still be-able to offer good (gaming)performance. with amd its a crap shoot if you don't believe me pull of some benchmarks of a Q8400 Vrs a Phenom II 940 yes most titles are very playable and there is less then a 20Fps difference but 20Fps can make the difference between playable and a slideshow ...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to be a AMD guy like you but then .... I got a 2500k ..... and a wakeup call

I've had my Athlon II X4 620 for over 3 years now. Not a single game it can't run maxed out. I run dual GPUs and don't suffer from poor frame rate or bottlenecking. I will most likely still run this CPU for another year. When I do replace it'll be because of my itch to upgrade rather than the performance.

So yh, 3+ years running a CPU that cost me £70 back in the day and still going strong. AMD is really ripping me off :)

Name one midrange to high end AMD CPU that did not last 4 years from its release? - That is right you can't. Sit down.

Last edited:
System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider
You can also add AMD's lack luster cache structure that they've been messing with per each generation but choose not to fix. If AMD can re-design both the IMC and cache, they'll be way better off in both efficiency and performance.

Mate, they need to design better 90% of the things in their CPU's :laugh: Let us spice up the things.

Situation right now reminds me of the late K7 days. Thunderbird, Palomino, Thoroughbred A/B and Barton... Same old guys, same old critters in terms of performance margin... I had them all, they actually so sucked tech wise, although P4 sucked also altough they are now like these tractors(couldn't hold my self with this deja vu), I loved the Tualatin much.

They need to scrap everything again. That's my only suggestion... Their hybrid path they currently are introducing is for the sake of servers, to introduce a universal computable machine model doing simple math on GPU and complex on x86 part, no additional TESLA or Larrafailbree, but they are rushing too fast in my opinion, they have not the balls for it now. To me it is all useless, they are half baked stillborns from Frankensteins lab.

And currently no useful software is made for it either OS wise. If M$ or Linux will introduce a heterogeneous OS that really uses data smartly and decides witch calculation it will be like, at last a OS from the new century. A winrar extraction, antivirus or even the heck pr0n video - hey GPU wake up and work, or even a dedicated ARM part in the CPU whatever it will be like just a simple math and same with the doing complex math CPU. Then yes yes - only apu's FTW. CPU is a dinosaur from stone age to me then as for a buyer.
So the salt is, that the data scheduler in the APU must be very tightly binded with the OS kernel. And apps should be compiled that way also with certain flags. And yes, we have a revolution. Greener world, less electricity bill, and the heck a faster cooler computer. So we are mimicking what mobile devices will actually do in near future. Still now for all mobile OS'es, GPU only does the UI part and still taxing with large I/O and memory overhead, so OS wise it is like a workaround still, not a new approach. Intel is an idiot and makes it even worse, for android introducing a recompiler on the fly to use ARM apps on their stupid/hot x86 crippled Atom. It is complete a nonsense evolution wise.

Intel can afford that due to their fab technology that currently only they had in the world. They can build a CPU like that any moment actually. But they are lazy, as there is NO competitor, they just die-shrink what they have = invest zero money in R/D and sell! = profit still counts as win, despite the stupid way how it was achieved.

AMD could do this and evolve only notebook mobile solutions and save money and R/D for desktops, and make simple behemoth chips like K8 was. It is funny to see that this chip still performs worse than a proper K10.5. I still think that the best thing was using GPU integrated in North Bridge for office home theater systems. Beat me if I am wrong...

Last edited:
System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Beat me if I am wrong...

great sugestion:wtf::p 90% of what Amd have designed is right, its the last 10% they need to perfect, and coders wont necessarily have to code specifically for either gpu or cpu if Amd get their(HSA) hypervisor Api in place and doing its job right as they plan to.:)

Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
OKAY, let me beat you :nutkick:
You make some valid points, but let me elaborate by providing a link and on why this unique CPU Architecture was the right choice for AMD's future.

Taking some lessons from the graphics arm of the company and their successful Radeon brand, AMD is applying that train of thought to processors.
For the past several decades we saw processor design follow a fairly simple routine.* A new generation of architecture is released, and there are a few minor updates to the architecture other than moving to smaller process nodes.* Around the seven year mark a brand new architecture is then introduced, updates are applied, and then the cycle starts over again.* These massive jumps in technology are complex and expensive, and they take tens of thousands of man hours to complete.* While the advantages of going with a clean sheet design are many, if a basic decision is made that turns out to be flawed or counterproductive, then years of design work are wasted.* AMD appears to be trying to move away from this design paradigm, as the risks of making such a poor decision is nearly catastrophic for the company.* Instead, AMD is looking at a more conservative, though accelerated, route.* Essentially AMD is looking at major, yearly updates for their processor architectures.* Instead of small updates over the years culminating in a massive redesign, they are taking many smaller steps in between.* Much like AMD did with their process technology, they are applying this to the design methodology.* This means small, meaningful changes on a very regular basis.* This philosophy allowed AMD to stay within spitting distance of Intel and their formidable process lead, and their products (historically) have been in the same rough performance range with similar TDPs
http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Editorial/AMD-Vishera-and-Beyond-New-Design-Philosophy-Dictates-Faster-Pace

AMD will fix this new Micro-Architecture, and by the time Excavator or even Crane comes out, AMD should be either on par or faster than Intel IMO.

System Name HELLSTAR
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Mouse Razer Basilisk
great sugestion:wtf::p 90% of what Amd have designed is right, its the last 10% they need to perfect, and coders wont necessarily have to code specifically for either gpu or cpu if Amd get their(HSA) hypervisor Api in place and doing its job right as they plan to.:)

I still suppose their APU is very very costly to make, they aren't making proper money from desktop users at all from this all FM platform in my opinion. There for I still think these processors are just a beta versions fed to the market for debugging purposes to say we are still alive(for investors). The real thing still is in the blueprints. But you know, no money no R/D no tech talents etc. They are profiting only from server cpu's. If they will suck more... ARM will soon catch them... and you know what might happen.

Supervisor? Yeah a wet dream, it would be nice I still haven't got my degree :(, life sucks in some places man. :wtf:

But we all have to agree... software in the current generation wise is bullcrap, and all overbeefed hardware is compensation for the poor coding style. It is some kind of illness and plague. BTW I've read some conspiracy stuff elsewhere that most software is written poorly for AMD due to intel bribes and is truly intentionally written poorly for AMD's memory stack. :D

AMD will fix this new Micro-Architecture, and by the time Excavator or even Crane comes out, AMD should be either on par or faster than Intel IMO.

Yeah I've told already that these current CPU's are half baked stillborns from Frankensteins lab. :D

Last edited:
I've had my Athlon II X4 620 for over 3 years now. Not a single game it can't run maxed out. I run dual GPUs and don't suffer from poor frame rate or bottlenecking. I will most likely still run this CPU for another year. When I do replace it'll be because of my itch to upgrade rather than the performance.

So yh, 3+ years running a CPU that cost me £70 back in the day and still going strong. AMD is really ripping me off :)

Name one midrange to high end AMD CPU that did not last 4 years from its release? - That is right you can't. Sit down.

I'm a little sceptical that you are not experiencing CPU's limitations with a X4-620. Every test on the the web I can find shows otherwise. Even the cheap i3 is about 25-40% faster in games (measuring minimum frame rates, and that's what's most important for gamers).
TH did a quite unbiased test on this after AMD fans raged about their infamous "sandy bridge has game" article.

I'm happy that you are satisfied with your CPU (it's a good one after all), but looking at the additional power costs you had to pay in those years and the performance you got as a return, perhaps it doesn't look that outstanding anymore if you compare it to the competition.

Last edited:
System Name HELLSTAR
Mouse Razer Basilisk
I'm a little sceptical that you not experiencing CPU's limitations with a X4-620.

Mate, it all depends on the game itself. So the subjective user experience for each of us and the taste and style how we are using our PC's. In many scenarios AMD is sufficient enough.

Mate, it all depends on the game itself. So the subjective user experience for each of us and the taste and style how we are using our PC's. In many scenarios AMD is sufficient enough.

I'm with you of course, and I understand and agree as well, but I replied to his post and look at the sentence and what it means:
Not a single game it can't run maxed out. I run dual GPUs and don't suffer from poor frame rate or bottlenecking.
He has a very good CPU indeed, and it's awesome that he is happy with it. I'm just pointing out that perhaps other good things can be also out there:)

System Name My baby
Processor Athlon II X4 620 @ 3.5GHz, 1.45v, NB @ 2700Mhz, HT @ 2700Mhz - 24hr prime95 stable
Cooling Sonic Tower Rev 2 with 120mm Akasa attached, Akasa @ Front, Xilence Red Wing 120mm @ Rear
I'm a little sceptical that you are not experiencing CPU's limitations with a X4-620. Every test on the the web I can find shows otherwise. Even the cheap i3 is about 25-40% faster in games (measuring minimum frame rates, and that's what's most important for gamers).
TH did a quite unbiased test on this after AMD fans raged about their infamous "sandy bridge has game" article.

I'm happy that you are satisfied with your CPU (it's a good one after all), but looking at the additional power costs you had to pay in those years and the performance you got as a return, perhaps it doesn't look that outstanding anymore if you compare it to the competition.

Those reviews were done at 1920x1080. Back when I bought my Athlon II X4 over three years ago very few people played at that resolution.

1920x1080p is only now becoming popular and it's still isnt the norm. I game 1440x900.

Also that review has just a single 6850, whereas currently I'm running a two 5850s (CF); And my CPU is OC'd. So my experienced might be enhanced.

My point was that even a midrange CPU 3+ years ago is still going strong. For OneMoar to imply that AMD CPUs can't last 4 years is nonsense.

Those reviews were done at 1920x1080. Back when I bought my Athlon II X4 over three years ago very few people played at that resolution.

1920x1080p is only now becoming popular and it's still isnt the norm. I game 1440x900.

Also that review has just a single 6850, whereas currently I'm running a two 5850s (CF); And my CPU is OC'd. So my experienced might be enhanced.

My point was that even a midrange CPU 3+ years ago is still going strong. For OneMoar to imply that AMD CPUs can't last 4 years is nonsense.

The lower the resolution, the higher the CPU-limitation will show, but let's forget it:)
I did not meant to offend you, and I'm really rooting for AMD to be successful and do some awesome CPUs like the SB/IB series, because the greater the competition is, the better for us:toast:

System Name My baby
The lower the resolution, the higher the CPU-limitation will show, but let's forget it:)

Yes I'm aware lower resolution put less stres on the GPU.

Generally speaking, minimum, maximum and average frame rate will still increase as you lower the resolution. e.g. Crysis 52.9 FPS at 1024x768 and only 26.2FPS at 1900x1200

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/HIS/HD_5850/10.html

I did not meant to offend you, and I'm really rooting for AMD to be successful and do some awesome CPUs like the SB/IB series, because the greater the competition is, the better for us:toast:

I'm not offended

Generally speaking, minimum, maximum and average frame rate will still increase as you lower the resolution. e.g. Crysis 52.9 FPS at 1024x768 and only 26.2FPS at 1900x1200
I just replied to what you said. What I meant is that they actually favored AMD with the high resolution, because the gap looks smaller.

I had an Athlon 64 for a long while, and boy did it serve me well. It crunched though games like butter. DOOM 3 being one of them along with Half Life II or do I have my time line wrong.

I loved the Llano chips, and am on the fence as to whether I built my HTPC with Trinity or save a couple bucks and jump into an FM1.

I think the answer is Llano / FM1.

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
Oh Yeah some more good PR from AMD. Nothing like some fluff to sell there junk.

System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
OKAY, let me beat you :nutkick:
You make some valid points, but let me elaborate by providing a link and on why this unique CPU Architecture was the right choice for AMD's future.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Editorial/AMD-Vishera-and-Beyond-New-Design-Philosophy-Dictates-Faster-Pace

Only if intel goes on vacation until then.... It haswell lives up to their claims....like most of intels cpus do then pile driver crane and steam shovel will be a moot point. Sorry......a delorean with carbon fiber is still a delorean. Amd should not market their apu or cpus as performance parts. They need the best value or the greener angle. The gpus are their performance parts.

Processor 7800x3d
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Auros Elite AX
Cooling Custom Water
Memory GSKILL 2x16gb 6000mhz Cas 30 with custom timings
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6750 XT MECH 2X 12G OC
Storage Adata SX8200 1tb with Windows, Samsung 990 Pro 2tb with games
Display(s) HP Omen 27q QHD 165hz
Case ThermalTake P3
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex Titanium
Software Windows 11 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores CB23: 1811 / 19424 CB24: 1136 / 7687
Only if intel goes on vacation until then.... It haswell lives up to their claims....like most of intels cpus do then pile driver crane and steam shovel will be a moot point. Sorry......a delorean with carbon fiber is still a delorean. Amd should not market their apu or cpus as performance parts. They need the best value or the greener angle. The gpus are their performance parts.

I know most of what we know of haswell is rumors so far, but I read somewhere that haswell was only going to be a small net increase in performance because intel would drop the tdp again. At least as stock.

System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
I know most of what we know of haswell is rumors so far, but I read somewhere that haswell was only going to be a small net increase in performance because intel would drop the tdp again. At least as stock.

I think haswell biggest problem will be that it will out perform 2011:banghead: which im in the middle of a new build. Intel dosent want to but its competing against itself and its gonna cost them money. So were getting neutered products. And yes an eight core sb e wouldve most likely been a 200watt part

System Name "Da Krawnik Six Hunnit"
Processor Intel i5 2500K @ 4.6GHz
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 EVO (B3)
Cooling H100i w/2x Bitfenix Spectre Pros + Bitfenix Spectre Pro Blue LED 1x 200mm + 1x 120mm
Memory Patriot Intel Extreme Masters Limited Edition 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 @ 1491MHz (Actual Boost) / 7.6GHz
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + 2x WD Green 2TB + 1x WD Green 1TB
Display(s) BenQ XL2430T 144Hz
Case Corsair 600T w/full custom 1/2" acrylic side panel
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
Power Supply Coolermaster Silent Pro 850w
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD (laser)
Keyboard Corsair K65 RGB
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Couldn't care less about benchmark scores.
Good article, but as for the overclock-Meh. Wake me when they get to 10GHz. Marketing to the 1% of the people that are actually extreme overclockers, does nothing for real consumers.

*moving on*

Oh Yeah some more good PR from AMD. Nothing like some fluff to sell there junk.
Yes because you rather have Intel as the only player in the game so they can wonderfully continue to Un-Innovate. So while AMD's pushing innovation through the roof whether it be successful or not, Intel will continue to copy them. Thank you AMD for giving Intel a kick in the aris once in a while.

AMD's two unfortunate situations within the CPU industry cost them time and money. But they've recovered. 1) Barcelona & 2) Bulldozer. Barcelona being a modified design based on a previous, where as Bulldozer coming from outer space and hand crafted by Aliens. :rolleyes: All AMD needs to do now is rectify this space age design and flourish.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Few posts have been cleaned due to someone not being able to not insult others in their post.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
Edit: Said some nasty things that were edited.

Angry much, jeez. Tone it down a notch or two, will you? Oh, Trinity OCs on LN2 like a mother. It's how much it OCs on LN2 because I'm willing to bet that it's going to scale just as well on air, meaning it will OC better than Llano. I agree that LN2 benchmarks are bullshit to begin with because honestly it's just a "look what I can do," move. So all in all, we should reserve judgement for when Trinity actually comes out and our friends here at TPU can do their job and provide a very sexy review on the CPU. Until then, claims are claims, nVidia did the same thing before the 680 came out and it didn't prove to be as powerful as they hyped it up to be, granted it is a very fast GPU.

So lets just hope this is an indication that AMD is starting to produce better CPUs and leave it at that. No cursing, no flaming, and an honest answer about what this article says says, because I really hope AMD can deliver. Maybe I just like the underdog, but just remember, just because AMD chips aren't as fast as Intel's in all circumstances by no means says that AMD produces a bad processor. It's important that everyone understands that. AMD and Intel are both companies that are worthy of praise, regardless of which one might be better. Respect is the name of the game.

Last edited:

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
This is the best thing since sliced bread.