• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD A10-5800K Cracks 7.446 GHz

System Name ---
Processor FX 8350 @ 4.00 Ghz with 1.28v
Motherboard Gigabyte 990FX-UD3 v4.0, Hacked Bios F4.x
Cooling Silenx 4 pipe Tower cooler + 2 x Cougar 120mm fan, 3 x 120mm, 1 x 200 mm Red LED fan
Memory Kingston HyperX DDR3 1866 16GB + Patriot Memory DDR3 1866 16GB
Video Card(s) Asus R9 290 OC @ GPU - 1050, MEM - 1300
Storage Inland 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD for OS, WDC Black - 2TB + 1TB Storage, Inland 480GB SSD - Games
Display(s) 3 x 1080P LCDs - Acer 25" + Acer 23" + HP 23"
Case AeroCool XPredator X3
Audio Device(s) Built-in Realtek
Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Modular
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Oh, yeah? You were quite happy running your RAM underclocked for the longest time so that doesn't surprise me, you seemed quite offended when I tried to assist you in setting up your OC. Remember?

You must remember because looking at your sig you took my advice :cool:

lol

Rule No.1 - When you see posts like this, just disregard it, or you are going have a headache like this :banghead:

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
Rule No.1 - When you see posts like this, just disregard it, or you are going have a headache like this :banghead:

Another person that did NOT READ my last post!
#1 Rule - When posting PLEASE READ! :banghead:

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
so they got a screen of of it booted into windows at 7Ghz big woop they had to run 2.0v and disable two cores to get it ...
seriously btarunner quit posting these nobody here cares and amd needs to be made to understand they we don't care else they won't ever fix the problems
I am betting I it would be quiet easy to get a 2500k to post at 7.5Ghz the reason you don't see it is because unlike AMD intel did there jobs correctly and there chips don't need to clock 10Ghz to get acceptable performance and they don't draw 500 Watts while doing it

Last edited:
System Name m1dg3t | DeathBox | HairPi 3
Processor 3570k @ 4.0 1.15v BIOS | q9550 @ 3.77 1.325v BIOS
Motherboard Asrock z77e iTX | p5q Dlx 2301 BIOS
Cooling Custom Water | D-14 & HR-03gt | Passive HSF
Memory Samsung MV-3V4G3D 4g x 2 @ 1866 1.35v | OcZ RpR 2g x 4 @ 1067 2.2v
Video Card(s) MSi 7950 tf3 @1000 / 1350 | Asus 5870 V2 @ 900 / 1275
Storage Adata sx900 256Gb / WD 2500 HHTZ | WD 1001 FALS x 2
Display(s) BenQ gw2750hm | 46" Sharp Quatron
Case BitFenix Prodigy - m0dd3d | Antec Fusion Remote MAX
Audio Device(s) Onboard Toslink > Yamaha HTR 6290 | Xonar HDAV1.3 > Yamaha DSP z7
Power Supply Ocz mXp700w | Ocz zx850w | Cannakit 5v 2.5a
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G9x - Cable Repaired
Keyboard TT Meka G1 - Black w Cherry Blacks| Logitech G11
Software Win7 Home | Xp sp3 & Vista ultimate | Raspbian
Benchmark Scores Epeen!! Who needs epeen??
Okay you missed my point. I think that as it is cool and all it is impractical if you can not use it. Is this OC being used for 24/7 use? NO IT IS NOT! It can not even run a BM! So other than the Epeen what is the real gain? I just do not see it. This also goes for any INTEL chip being overclocked beyond what you can USE it at! It is worthless! Nothing more. Yeah I can AND DO use mine 24/7 with the OC I have, It is WORKING and I see it as a good thing. This however is nothing more than an Epeen OC. :respect:
Oh and I do not recall me being offended at any thing you said. I took all the advice that was given and it worked out great for that I thank You all!

The point is; To show the architecture/technology is capable of achieving those speeds. At the pricepoint this chip is in I think it's quite the feat :cool:

I thought this was a tech forum? :confused:

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
so they got a screen of of it booted into windows at 7Ghz big woop they had to run 1.8v and disable two cores to get it ...
seriously btarunner quit posting these nobody here cares and amd needs to be made to understand they we don't care else they won't ever fix the problems

+1! :toast:

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
The point is; To show the architecture/technology is capable of achieving those speeds. At the pricepoint this chip is in I think it's quite the feat :cool:

I thought this was a tech forum? :confused:

Okay. But what GOOD is it if you can not use it? I Just see no point.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
AMD is probably using hand picked samples and I would bet my next paycheck that they are having to make quiet a few attempts to get it to boot into windows long enough to start cpu-z submit the validation

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
its not capable of these speeds
the first time you apply ANY-LOAD at that voltage/speed its either gonna
1: crash
2: smoke the chip
I can post my old AM2+ machine at 4.2Ghz if I run 1.6v though the crappy old Althlon II
this is why AMD gets away with this garbage is because people see a screen shot and don't understand that getting it to boot for the 15 seconds it takes to click CPU-z Validate's button is very easy
what CPU-Z needs todo is add a Mild-stress test routine to the validation check say .... 60 seconds at full load .... should be enough to stop this kind of asshattery

I agree. It is NOT capable of running at them speeds.

Last edited by a moderator:

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
let me put it another way
if I put a gaming machine up on TPU: for sale and said
this machine comes pre overclocked to to 4.6Ghz on the cpu and 1200Mhz on the gpu
you get it and it crashes in every single benchmark and game and only boots 50% of the time
what would you do ? I be pissed for having been sold something that wasn't what I was tould it was ... this is what AMD is doing ... there taking advantage of people that don't know any better

AND to add insult to injury the chips from intel are just as fast as this one that is with its two core gimped ness and 7Ghz(assuming you could even get it to survive a 3Dmark run )
1. not stable
2.won't last
3.draws Probably close to X3 the power that a 3750k would
4.has two of its cores disabled
just makes no sense for AMD to post this garbage they seem to think we are idiots ...
the tech community needs to band together and say enough is enough
AMD needs to get back to hand building chips and letting there engineers do there jobs

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard AsRock z77 Extreme 6
Cooling Thermalright Venemous X
Memory 2 x 8GB Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 480
Storage A-Data 128GB SSD, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Display(s) HANNspree 25" 1080p 2ms
Case Lian Li PC-9F
Audio Device(s) Creative XFI
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling Silencer MKII 750w
Software Win 7 pro x64
so they got a screen of of it booted into windows at 7Ghz big woop they had to run 2.0v and disable two cores to get it ...
I am betting I it would be quiet easy to get a 2500k to post at 7.5Ghz the reason you don't see it is because unlike AMD intel did there jobs correctly and there chips don't need to clock 10Ghz to get acceptable performance and they don't draw 500 Watts while doing it
Speak for yourself fanboy.
I personally DO want to see ridiculous overclocks like these because it's cool to see. I'm glad that you fap to your 2500k. What you fail to realize is that a lot of the wonderful things you use and take for granted today WAS CREATED BY AMD (64bit and the integrated memory controller most notably) and makes Intel what it is today.
let me put it another way
if I put a gaming machine up on TPU: for sale and said
this machine comes pre overclocked to to 4.6Ghz on the cpu and 1200Mhz on the gpu
you get it and it crashes in every single benchmark and game and only boots 50% of the time
what would you do ? I be pissed for having been sold something that wasn't what I was tould it was ... this is what AMD is doing ... there taking advantage of people that don't know any better to add insult to injury the chips from intel are just as fast as this one that is
1. not stable
2.won't last
3.draws Probably close to X3 the power that a 3750k would
4.has two of its cores disabled
just makes no sense for AMD to post this garbage they seem to think we are idiots ...
the tech community needs to band together and say enough is enough

Funny I thought this was a tech forum where people overclock and try and set new records. Your arguing that a 7.4GHz machine isn't 24/7 is about the dumbest shit I've read on a tech based forum IN YEARS! When I read your posts I seriously wanted to facepalm.
The point of the overclock is to show the possibilities of the chip and that it can clock seriously high. Only an idiot would argue about stability at that clock speed. Stupidest argument in years......seriously.

You should have your techie status removed and replace it with Intel fanboy.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Speak for yourself fanboy.
I personally DO want to see ridiculous overclocks like these because it's cool to see. I'm glad that you fap to your 2500k. What you fail to realize is that a lot of the wonderful things you use and take for granted today WAS CREATED BY AMD (64bit and the integrated memory controller most notably) and makes Intel what it is today.

Funny I thought this was a tech forum where people overclock and try and set new records. Your arguing that a 7.4GHz machine isn't 24/7 is about the dumbest shit I've read on a tech based forum IN YEARS! When I read your posts I seriously wanted to facepalm.
The point of the overclock is to show the possibilities of the chip and that it can clock seriously high. Only an idiot would argue about stability at that clock speed. Stupidest argument in years......seriously.

You should have your techie status removed and replace it with Intel fanboy.

WOW, I remember a time (Here on TPU) that people would say if your OC is NOT stable 24/7 than it is NO good. Now AMD comes out with this and you say it is all good? Makes me think just what we have become! My Chip can reach speeds of 4.5GHz but was not stable and was at one time discounted as a "True" Over clock. But NOW since this is an AMD chip it some makes it a true over clock.
Name calling and degrading others is not allowed on TPU, so lets all play nice.
The only thing that would make me change my mind about this AMD over clock is if it was stable on ALL CORE AND 24/7 as well. This means NOTHING at all and does not show any one just how well it really will OC on ALL CORES!

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel i7 3770K
Case Lian Li PC-9F
Software Win 7 pro x64
WOW, I remember a time (Here on TPU) that people would say if your OC is NOT stable 24/7 than it is NO good. Now AMD comes out with this and you say it is all good? Makes me think just what we have become! My Chip can reach speeds of 4.5GHz but was not stable and was at one time discounted as a "True" Over clock. But NOW since this is an AMD chip it some makes it a true over clock.
The only thing that would make me change my mind about this AMD over clock is if it was stable on ALL CORE AND 24/7 as well. This means NOTHING at all and does not show any one just how well it really will OC on ALL CORES!

My patience runs thin with fanboy's. Doesn't matter which side they're on.

Regardless, it's fairly obvious that what the guy did was a suicide run. Nothing more and nothing less. Literally seeing what could be pulled out of said chip. I would never deem that a "true" or stable overclock. So don't assume that that's what I meant.

Neither the title nor the first post mentioned anything about stability, just stating the speed.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
My patience runs thin with fanboy's. Doesn't matter which side they're on.

Regardless, it's fairly obvious that what the guy did was a suicide run. Nothing more and nothing less. Literally seeing what could be pulled out of said chip. I would never deem that a "true" or stable overclock. So don't assume that that's what I meant.

Neither the title nor the first post mentioned anything about stability, just stating the speed.

But it is misleading. It gives people a false sense that if they had this chip they would reach heights never before seen and be able to use it. Witch is just NOT the case at all.
Now why not enable all the cores and do this and see just what it can do in reality not just some useless CPU-Z BS. And Yes CPU-Z is BS. Validating a TRUE over Clock is what should be allowed not some thing like this.

System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Cooling AC NexXxos XT45 360, RayStorm, D5T+XSPC tank, Tygon R-3603, Bitspower
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600C8
Video Card(s) GTX 780 SLI (EVGA SC ACX + Giga GHz Ed.)
Storage Kingston HyperX SSD (128) OS, WD RE4 (1TB), RE2 (1TB), Cav. Black (2 x 500GB), Red (4TB)
Display(s) Achieva Shimian QH270-IPSMS (2560x1440) S-IPS
Case NZXT Switch 810
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek yawn edition
Power Supply Seasonic X-1050
Software Win8.1 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3.5 litres of Pale Ale in 18 minutes.
Speak for yourself fanboy.....a lot of the wonderful things you use and take for granted today WAS CREATED BY AMD (64bit and the integrated memory controller most notably) and makes Intel what it is today.
Before you get totally carried away by the capslock addiction, it's also worth noting that AMD exists now because they started out reverse engineering Intel processors. AMD pretty much took off as an IHV because of Intel licences (8086/8088).

Anyhow, nice OC. I'm sure it should balance out the news of AMD's impending Q3 loss quite nicely.

Hustler

You make no sense! Why would you compare a highend CPU with a budget CPU?

Piledriver cores...which are going in the new refreshed line of FX CPU's, I was just making the point that even these new,supposedly improved cores are still going to suck in the non budget AMD range CPU's.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
I am trying to figure why Intel chips make any difference to an AMD record who cares if Intel X, Y, Z is better. This is an AMD feat if this bothers that its not stable or not benchmarkable or whatever STOP POSTING YOU MISSED THE ENTIRE POINT.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel i7 3770K
Case Lian Li PC-9F
Software Win 7 pro x64
But it is misleading. It gives people a false sense that if they had this chip they would reach heights never before seen and be able to use it. Witch is just NOT the case at all.
Now why not enable all the cores and do this and see just what it can do in reality not just some useless CPU-Z BS. And Yes CPU-Z is BS. Validating a TRUE over Clock is what should be allowed not some thing like this.
Come on now, you've been around long enough to know that any ridiculously high overclock is not stable no matter how much LN2 or LHE you throw at it.
While it may mislead some newbies, anyone that's been around longer than a month will know that.
And yes, CPU-z is BS. Most world records have to, at least, run Super-Pi.
Before you get totally carried away by the capslock addiction, it's also worth noting that AMD exists now because they started out reverse engineering Intel processors. AMD pretty much took off as an IHV because of Intel licences (8086/8088).

Anyhow, nice OC. I'm sure it should balance out the news of AMD's impending Q3 loss quite nicely.
Well technically, I'm not sure if they actually reverse engineered anything. From what I know, IBM, at first, commissioned intel to make their CPUs'. So technically Intel is/was using IBM technology. And because IBM didn't want to get stuck having only one developer, they commissioned AMD to make their chips as well.

WHY DON'T YOU LIKE CAPS?????? ;)
I am trying to figure why Intel chips make any difference to an AMD record who cares if Intel X, Y, Z is better. This is an AMD feat if this bothers that its not stable or not benchmarkable or whatever STOP POSTING YOU MISSED THE ENTIRE POINT.

Bingo. :toast:

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Thread has been cleaned of inappropriate posts. There will be no warnings, if you chose to post in an inappropriate manner, you won't be posting for long.

Thanks for your cooperation.

-erocker

System Name As Himself
Processor 2700X
Motherboard Asrock 370X ThaiChi
Cooling Custom Liquid
Memory 4133MHz Team
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Storage Samsung 512 SSD's
Display(s) Asus "24 144Hz
Case Tt P5
Audio Device(s) Asus Essence One Muses/Sparkos
Power Supply EVGA 1200
Mouse RAT ProX
Keyboard Drop CTRL
Software W10 steam futuremark

intel most definatly did this.....it just so happened sandy bridge hits a cold wall and does not do well under sub zero conditions....

pushing things is what we do as humans....you say why.....i say why not

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506

Do you really see the need to keep on about these ocs every time, its a pr stunt obvious, and avg joe wont even see this pr so calmner

System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Cooling AC NexXxos XT45 360, RayStorm, D5T+XSPC tank, Tygon R-3603, Bitspower
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600C8
Video Card(s) GTX 780 SLI (EVGA SC ACX + Giga GHz Ed.)
Storage Kingston HyperX SSD (128) OS, WD RE4 (1TB), RE2 (1TB), Cav. Black (2 x 500GB), Red (4TB)
Display(s) Achieva Shimian QH270-IPSMS (2560x1440) S-IPS
Case NZXT Switch 810
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek yawn edition
Power Supply Seasonic X-1050
Software Win8.1 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3.5 litres of Pale Ale in 18 minutes.
intel most definatly did this.....it just so happened sandy bridge hits a cold wall and does not do well under sub zero conditions....

The only thing Sandy Bridge hits is a maximum multiplier of 59 (57 with the original board BIOS's) and a clock generator that ties every bus (PCI-E, RAM, DMI, cache, SPI, PCI, SATA, USB as well as core ) to a 100MHz default. Overclocking limitation is more a product of the multiplier cap and the inability to independently overclock core frequency- as evidenced by the compressed frequency range at the top of SB's OC rankings.

I would have thought that these limitations would be fairly well known by now.

And yes, if there is PR at stake you can guarantee that Intel-as well as any other processor producer and board maker will gladly reap some free marketing/advertising.

System Name As Himself
Processor 2700X
Motherboard Asrock 370X ThaiChi
Cooling Custom Liquid
Memory 4133MHz Team
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Storage Samsung 512 SSD's
Display(s) Asus "24 144Hz
Case Tt P5
Audio Device(s) Asus Essence One Muses/Sparkos
Power Supply EVGA 1200
Mouse RAT ProX
Keyboard Drop CTRL
Software W10 steam futuremark
The only thing Sandy Bridge hits is a maximum multiplier of 59 (57 with the original board BIOS's) and a clock generator that ties every bus (PCI-E, RAM, DMI, cache, SPI, PCI, SATA, USB as well as core ) to a 100MHz default. Overclocking limitation is more a product of the multiplier cap and the inability to independently overclock core frequency- as evidenced by the compressed frequency range at the top of SB's OC rankings.

I would have thought that these limitations would be fairly well known by now.

And yes, if there is PR at stake you can guarantee that Intel-as well as any other processor producer and board maker will gladly reap some free marketing/advertising.

hence the need for the cap.....

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
This thread is full of douchebaggery. It is almost overwhelming.

That is all.

Man that is so incredible! Way to go Intel! Say what you will this was a great run for the chip!

OK if Intel uses liquid nitrogen and doesn't quite hit 7Ghz on a chip cos its Intel? Or because you are obviously a fanboi?

No it was not! They also used LN not air. No test were done at the 8+GHz at all! Show me some that were done! At least they ran a test on this one at the speed they got. Also they ran ONE CORE on the BD not all of them!

Careful, the nets don't forgets. ;)

On a serious note, my impression of the Trinity in the new laptop is good. I haven't started overclocking it yet though. But boost speed of 3.2Ghz in a laptop, and hard use of flash and the laptop ran for 5 hours.