• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Announces Ryzen 5 2400G and Ryzen 3 2200G with Vega Integrated Graphics

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today introduced the world's most powerful graphics on a desktop processor with the release of two Ryzen Desktop processor with built-in Radeon Vega graphics models.1 Now available, AMD Ryzen 5 2400G and AMD Ryzen 3 2200G processors combine four of the latest "Zen" CPU cores with advanced Radeon "Vega" architecture on a single chip, offering leadership levels of system and graphics performance at their respective $169 USD SEP and $99 USD SEP price points.

"When we launched our first Ryzen processors a year ago, we began driving innovation and competition across the PC market. We remain dedicated to this mission throughout 2018, as we further strengthen our Ryzen portfolio by adding two leadership APUs designed to meet the varying needs of today's PC users," said Jim Anderson, senior vice president and general manager, Computing and Graphics Business Group, AMD. "AMD Ryzen Desktop APUs are a perfect example of the innovation we bring to market for consumer and commercial PC users. Combining our high-performance CPU and GPU architectures, this new category of Ryzen desktop processors is designed to deliver a smooth overall computing experience, as well as the ability to enjoy true 1080p HD gaming, eSports or advanced display features through the visual fidelity of the built-in Radeon Vega graphics."

An advanced feature set further enhances the performance of Ryzen desktop APUs. Improved AMD SenseMI technology enables lower power usage at higher frequencies and reduced memory latencies. The new APUs also support Precision Boost 2, a multi-core boost algorithm that enables higher frequencies in gaming and real-world applications. And, with their built-in graphics, these new processors are compatible with Radeon FreeSync technology and compatible displays for effortlessly smooth gameplay.

The Ryzen 5 2400G processor delivers
  • The same graphics performance in a single processor as combining the $199 USD Intel Core i5-8400 with an $89 USD NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 discrete gaming GPU
  • Up to 156% more graphics performance than the Intel Core i5-8400
  • Up to 21% more system performance than the Intel Core i5-8400
  • Up to 39% faster graphics performance when overclocked
Continuing the commitment to long-term stability with an exemplary customer experience in mind, Ryzen Desktop APUs support the same Socket AM4 infrastructure as Ryzen Desktop CPUs. Therefore, the new processors are compatible with the existing AM4 ecosystem of 120+ motherboards, requiring only a simple BIOS update.

Like all AMD Ryzen Desktop processors, Ryzen Desktop APUs are unlocked for performance tuning of CPU, DRAM, and GPU settings through the AMD Ryzen Master overclocking utility to enable even more performance for users who appreciate the freedom to overclock.

Ryzen Desktop Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics are globally available today through etailers and retailers for use with the wide selection of AM4 motherboards currently in market. Exciting OEM systems with Ryzen Desktop Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics are expected in market in the coming months.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

And sadly places like Newegg are bending over customers with a +$30 price on the Ryzen 3 model and +$20 on the Ryzen 5 model. :mad:

Durvelle27

Staff member
System Name Black Prometheus
Processor |AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
Motherboard ASRock B550M Pro4|MSI X370 Gaming PLUS
Cooling Thermalright PA120 SE | AMD Stock Cooler
Memory G.Skill 64GB(2x32GB) 3200MHz | 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4
Video Card(s) |AMD R9 290
Storage Sandisk X300 512GB + WD Black 6TB+WD Black 6TB
Display(s) LG Nanocell85 49" 4K 120Hz + ACER AOPEN 34" 3440x1440 144Hz
Case DeepCool Matrexx 55 V3 w/ 6x120mm Intake + 3x120mm Exhaust
Audio Device(s) LG Dolby Atmos 5.1
Power Supply Corsair RMX850 Fully Modular| EVGA 750W G2
Mouse Logitech Trackman
Keyboard Logitech K350
Software Windows 10 EDU x64
System Name My Ryzen 7 7700X Super Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling DeepCool AK620 with Arctic Silver 5
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 EXPO (CL30)
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE
Storage Samsung 980 EVO 1 TB NVMe SSD (System Drive), Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB NVMe SSD (Game Drive)
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV272U (DisplayPort) and Acer Nitro XV270U (DisplayPort)
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH C
Audio Device(s) On-Board Sound / Sony WH-XB910N Bluetooth Headphones
Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/liwjs3
This might be the answer to gamers, 1080p strength gaming that won't break your bank account. Granted, you won't be able to play the games at the highest settings possible but at least they will be playable.

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
I wouldn't buy it NO WAY! Useless and will be a very poor performer I can all but guarantee that!

D

Deleted member 67555

And sadly places like Newegg are bending over customers with a +$30 price on the Ryzen 3 model and +$20 on the Ryzen 5 model. :mad:
And microcenter is giving you $30 off with the purchase of a mobo that is already cheaper than Newegg.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
And microcenter is giving you $30 off with the purchase of a mobo that is already cheaper than Newegg.
Newegg should just GIVE the POS away it is WORTHLESS GARBAGE! I really think I am going to SMASH the hell out of them both this weekend I will youtube post the video of it all being smashed into a pile of crap that it truly is! And I will use the Q9650 to edit the video too! Irony!

D

Deleted member 67555

Newegg should just GIVE the POS away it is WORTHLESS GARBAGE! I really think I am going to SMASH the hell out of them both this weekend I will youtube post the video of it all being smashed into a pile of crap that it truly is! And I will use the Q9650 to edit the video too! Irony!
The 2400g is giving you the same performance of an I7-2600k with a GTX 470 with all the modern instruction sets and it's doing so at 65w... That's amazing...
It's literally better than a high end system from 2011...
Personally I feel that's pretty dam impressive.

I really don't think you should smash your system...
I guarantee it's better than your q9650 in lots of ways... You're just not looking at it the right way.

System Name My Ryzen 7 7700X Super Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling DeepCool AK620 with Arctic Silver 5
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 EXPO (CL30)
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE
Storage Samsung 980 EVO 1 TB NVMe SSD (System Drive), Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB NVMe SSD (Game Drive)
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV272U (DisplayPort) and Acer Nitro XV270U (DisplayPort)
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH C
Audio Device(s) On-Board Sound / Sony WH-XB910N Bluetooth Headphones
Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/liwjs3
My troll alert is going off.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
The 2400g is giving you the same performance of an I7-2600k with a GTX 470 with all the modern instruction sets and it's doing so at 65w... That's amazing...
It's literally better than a high end system from 2011...
Personally I feel that's pretty dam impressive.

I really don't think you should smash your system...
I guarantee it's better than your q9650 in lots of ways... You're just not looking at it the right way.
Thank you for that but I have done the tests and this is far worse than a core i5! How is that better? This is a new line right? Just came out and all right? Why is it not even performing against a 6 year old core i5? Tell me that? If the tests I have run are not accurate then please enlighten me. I see this as more than a POS sub-par CPU line in fact it is WORTHLESS BEYOND COMPARE! oh and FYI the Q9650 is 9 years old and is only in one test 50% slower than this new one! HOLY it should be like 100% -300% faster! 9 years and I get this? Jesus!

Attachments

• asdf.jpg
    asdf.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 358
D

Deleted member 67555

Thank you for that but I have done the tests and this is far worse than a core i5! How is that better? This is a new line right? Just came out and all right? Why is it not even performing against a 6 year old core i5? Tell me that? If the tests I have run are not accurate then please enlighten me. I see this as more than a POS sub-par CPU line in fact it is WORTHLESS BEYOND COMPARE! oh and FYI the Q9650 is 9 years old and is only in one test 50% slower than this new one! HOLY it should be like 100% -300% faster! 9 years and I get this? Jesus!
Intel goes Pentium, Celeron, I3, I5, I7, I9
AMD goes R3, R5, R7
So you have to go by price segments...
If you had purchased the Intel price compared part the I3-7100 you would be far worse off than you are...

Well well well, looks like Newegg got with the program and dropped the prices on these to where they should be: $99.99 and $169.00. They probably had a pile of people with their virtual pitchforks complaining to them. :D

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Well well well, looks like Newegg got with the program and dropped the prices on these to where they should be: $99.99 and $169.00. They probably had a pile of people with their virtual pitchforks complaining to them. :D
LOL.

Is that sarcasm or did you miss that whole thing right after he was inaugurated?
https://gadgets.ndtv.com/laptops/ne...ld-trump-to-tout-arizona-chip-factory-1657523
You missed the joke. The guy sounds exactly like Trump. Am I the only one noticing? It's only missing the "SAD!" at the end.
Your tests are imaginary. I just checked Anandtech. Ryzen beats a 2600K in pretty much every single benchmark and with a pretty good margin. And I only checked to humor the pitiful trolling. Unless you mean to imply your Q9650 is faster than Sandy bridge? Or even Haswell which is where Ryzen lands in IPC. Keep in mind the IPC increases from Sandy to Coffee aren't all that great but there is a significant boost clock increase (I'd say 15-30% IPC depending on workload - that's from 2011 till now). With Pinnacle Ridge in April the clock speed playing field should be more even. That's where things will really get interesting.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
You missed the joke. The guy sounds exactly like Trump. Am I the only one noticing? It's only missing the "SAD!" at the end.

Your tests are imaginary. I just checked Anandtech. Ryzen beats a 2600K in pretty much every single benchmark and with a pretty good margin. And I only checked to humor the pitiful trolling. Unless you mean to imply your Q9650 is faster than Sandy bridge? Or even Haswell which is where Ryzen lands in IPC. Keep in mind the IPC increases from Sandy to Coffee aren't all that great but there is a significant boost clock increase (I'd say 15-30% IPC depending on workload - that's from 2011 till now). With Pinnacle Ridge in April the clock speed playing field should be more even. That's where things will really get interesting.
You mean I am imagining the test results in front of my eyes? LOL whatever.
I will be adding RAM I will just beef up what I can and see what happens from there. SO far VERY disappointing! Very.

And calling me ignorant or wrong is hurtful and disrespectful. I have in NO way made this personal with any TPU members, But some how it would seem that it is fine for other members to pile on me and treat me with disrespect.
Don't see mods doing anything about that. I have NOT taken this issus out on any TPU member nor have I even said it was anyones fault for me making such a bad choice, and instead of HELPING me get the MOST out of the CPU the MOD's would rather lock me out of threads and members would rather talk down to me. Cdwall has a core i5 6 years old and he got it free it destroys this piece of shit!

System Name Liquid 2022
Processor Intel i7-12700k
Motherboard Asus Strix Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4
Cooling Custom loop with 9x120mm radiator area
Memory Team 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4@4133 C18-18-18
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce RTX 2080ti on nickel Heatkiller IV block with Aluminum backplate
Storage 10TB SSD: Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (OS), Samsung 980 PRO 2TB, ADATA SX8200 PRO 2TB/500GB, 4TB/1TB MX500
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 1440p G-SYNC, Samsung Odyssey
Case Phanteks ENTHOO 719 (grey)
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5, Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Power Supply Cooler Master V1200, custom sleeved white cables
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux RGB
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (maybe 11 soon?)
I will be adding RAM I will just beef up what I can and see what happens from there. SO far VERY disappointing! Very.

And calling me ignorant or wrong is hurtful and disrespectful. I have in NO way made this personal with any TPU members, But some how it would seem that it is fine for other members to pile on me and treat me with disrespect.
Don't see mods doing anything about that. I have NOT taken this issus out on any TPU member nor have I even said it was anyones fault for me making such a bad choice, and instead of HELPING me get the MOST out of the CPU the MOD's would rather lock me out of threads and members would rather talk down to me. Cdwall has a core i5 6 years old and he got it free it destroys this piece of shit!

Have you looked at my comment in the CPU-Z thread yet? It appears as though your testing methods are flawed.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/share-your-cpuz-benchmarks.216765/page-46#post-3797803

Either it's made up or the methodology is wrong. Pick one.

Ryzen is equivalent to Haswell so your claim is basically that your Core2Q is faster than Haswell. Does that make sense to you? That's the objective issue. The subjective one is the ridiculous rhetoric and constantly regurgitating falsehoods and the aforementioned exaggerated language.

Look at any benchmark made by a person with competence. You'll quickly find it conflicting with your findings. This is like the anti vaxxing movement in that it's all based on one study (and a flawed or even falsified one) versus countless studies saying the opposite. Educate yourself before going on a tirade and educate yourself before purchasing something. It saves you trouble.

And if what someone just said was true; that you compare one single benchmark with differing versions and differing scoring systems then you really need to read more.

Also, what doesn't it do that you want it to do and what can a Core2Q do that Ryzen cannot? You imply that it simply isn't able to do the work you require of it. Or is this just a numbers game?

And no insults have been levied. You may interpret it as such and honestly rightfully so. I've only said you sound like a certain president because quite frankly you do and remarkably so. Make of that what you will. Oh and I also questioned your results because they make no sense and it appears I had every right to do so.

But please do explain to me how you came to the conclusion that Ryzen was slower; the test systems and the benchmarks used including version numbers.
I'm genuinely curious. Both how this was achieved and why you aren't critical of it?

System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce 3060 XC Black Gaming 12GB
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data 1 and 2), ASUS BW-16D1HT
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2
@trickson: what might help improve the performance of your machine:
What model 3 TB HDD are you running? Have you considered getting a second DIMM of DDR4 so you are running dual channel. Your Ryzen should be similar to a 2600K in performance and your 1050 should be similar to a 670. I would expect that what could be causing you problems is running a single stick of ram or having slow storage. Or it could be something is set wrong in the bios.