• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Infuses Corporate Brand with the Power of ''Fusion''

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
AMD today launched a new corporate brand campaign under a new tagline, "The Future is Fusion." The campaign is intended to focus on how the unique AMD combination of technologies, coupled with close relationships with computer manufacturers and a deep understanding of customer needs, results in exciting next-generation capabilities and experiences at work, at home, and at play.

"Fusion is AMD's way to express how we blend our customers' needs, dreams and desires with our unique passion for enabling innovation," said Nigel Dessau, AMD senior vice president and chief marketing officer. "While this unique approach has always been our practice, 'Fusion' is the most focused articulation yet of how AMD marries innovation with collaboration in ways that can yield benefits to the marketplace greater than the sum of its parts."

The adoption of the "Fusion" brand and the accompanying global campaign, which is expected to run through the end of the year, are among several steps AMD is taking as part of a broader transformation designed to sharpen its focus around its core microprocessor and graphics technology businesses. AMD recently signed an agreement to sell its Digital TV business to Broadcom as part of its efforts to better focus resources on its core computing and graphics businesses.

The new company brand and the campaign were designed to address marketplace directions that AMD identified through internal research, and by working closely with its strategic customers and partners who depend on AMD's microprocessors to offer choice to consumers worldwide.

"We anticipate that AMD's new 'Fusion' campaign will spark new opportunities in the market," said Michael Mendenhall, senior vice president and chief marketing officer for Hewlett Packard. "For some time, we've enjoyed a successful collaborative relationship with AMD that's helped our business offer differentiated solutions that address our customers' most pressing challenges."

At the heart of the campaign is the "Fusion" brand concept: a unique energy created by connecting AMD people and technology with those of its partners. Fusion is the AMD working philosophy that marries innovation with collaboration, and is the process by which AMD and its partners can enable next-generation technologies that change the way we live, work and play.

An example of "Fusion" in the AMD product roadmap is its Fusion Architecture - the stated intent to combine the photo-realistic imagery made possible by its graphics processing units with the processing power of its central processing units. The company believes its new "Fusion" brand concept captures the benefits of this same collaborative initiative across a range of technology platforms, partner relationships, employee teams, and market segments.

"At work, Fusion means delivering leading server performance against real-world workloads with best-in-class performance-per-Watt and powerful virtualization capabilities," Dessau said. "At home, Fusion means enabling people to share the full range of digital content on any screen they choose. At play, Fusion builds on the AMD and ATI record of leadership in providing the first 3-D graphics processing unit and driving the graphics for both the Microsoft Xbox 360 and Wii by Nintendo game systems."

AMD has a history of technology breakthroughs in the work, home and play segments. For example:
  • In the workplace, the company was the first to demonstrate both the world's first x86 dual-core processor and the first native quad-core x86 processor.
  • In the home, AMD invented 3DNOW! Technology, the first x86 innovation to significantly enhance 3D graphics and multimedia for PCs. It was also the first to break the 1GHz (one billion clock cycles per second) barrier with its AMD Athlon processor.
  • At play, industry-leading ATI Radeon graphics cards, AMD 7-Series chipsets and AMD Phenom multi core processors combine for balanced, high-performance gaming platforms. Fused with unique software utilities such as AMD OverDrive and ATI Catalyst Control Center, AMD platforms empower gamers everywhere to push the boundaries of performance.

Consumers, especially PC gaming fans, can see and experience the power of Fusion on their PC desktop in a new and exciting way. Available today for download, the AMD Fusion for Gaming utility beta2 is designed to allow gamers to experience greater performance on AMD processor-based PCs with a simple click of a button. It works by temporarily reducing resource-consuming background services while boosting compute performance with advanced acceleration technologies, including:
  • Auto-Tune for AMD processors and chipsets, which is designed to optimize platform performance while maintaining system stability;
  • Clock Multiplier Control and Advanced Clock Calibration from within the AMD Overdrive utility allows gaming enthusiasts to customize the performance level of their processor and platform.
  • AMD Overdrive is able to monitor the temperature, frequency and stability of the processor and platform to allow users to find the optimal settings for the task at hand;
  • Auto-Tune for ATI graphics from within the award-winning Catalyst Control Center software, providing complete control of the performance and visual quality of your ATI Radeon graphics for a personalized visual experience on the PC; and
  • Hard Drive Acceleration to decrease data seek time and increase hard drive performance.

This tool is currently being released in a beta form and is designed to help gamers experience the power of AMD Fusion by creating an easily attained performance optimization previously reserved for a highly technical PC enthusiast community. Advanced users may then customize profiles by selecting specific processes for temporary disablement and degrees of hardware tuning depending on usage scenarios.

For more details about the new advertising campaign, visit http://fusion.amd.com and to download the AMD Fusion for Gaming utility beta version for AMD processor-based PCs, visit http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_fusion.aspx.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Blue Monolith (working on name)
Processor AMD Phenom II 1090T... on H2O
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD7
Cooling EK-Supreme with 2 radiators for the moment ~ 22 celsius
Memory Kingston HyperX 2x2GB DDR3 1600mhz 8-8-8-24 KHX1600C8D3K2
Video Card(s) hd 6870 Sapphire 1GB
Storage 8x 500GB Seagate Barracuda on LSI controller
Display(s) Samsung 206BW
Case Aplus Black Pearl WCR with water cooling mounts :)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Platinum Fatal1ty Champion
Power Supply Gigabyte ODIN GT-800 (that with software)
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores WORKING IN PROGRESS P10464 in VANTAGE(this is the old score)
beta...

beta dont work on vista x64 with sp1

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Okay so what this basically does with AMD processors is that it shuts down some processes, jacks up CPU priority to the game's process, and uses some "AMD Boost" (that red dot in the green circle for AOD) to increase CPU performance so games are playable run faster.

I didn't find more than 1~2% increase with Everest Ultimate CPU tests with the boost mode enabled (under AOD). Instead, my 42-ish °C Phenom scorched at 55 °C.

System Name Fedora-bluesky
Processor AMD FX 8350
Motherboard Asus 970A Pro Gaming
Cooling Noctua U14S
Memory Kingston 2x8192MB 667MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 960TI
Storage 2 x WD RED 2TB, 64GB SSD
Display(s) Dell 1920x1200 24"
Software Ubuntu, Fedora, Open Source Software...
I thing boost mode only disables CnQ, so you don't hit the Phenom's CnQ culprit with single threaded games/apps.

btarunr

Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Software Windows 11 Pro
I thing boost mode only disables CnQ, so you don't hit the Phenom's CnQ culprit with single threaded games/apps.

No, boost doesn't play with CnQ. With CnQ disabled (in the BIOS), the CPU still idles at ~42 °C for me. The bus speeds/multipliers HT Link / CPU-NB voltage, all are the same. Including vCore (according to Everest Ultimate). It's still a mystery what this boost mode does that the CPU reaches 55 °C.

Baam

Processor AMD FX-8120@4.5Ghz
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
Cooling Thermalright Venomous X Black
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB
Video Card(s) ATI 5850 crossfire
Case COOLER MASTER HAF 912
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi
Power Supply Antec TPQ-850
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Bah no Vista 64. Anyone tested this with a spider setup?

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Motherboard H170I-PLUS D3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Mushkin DDR3L-1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1050ti
Storage 512GB Corsair SSD
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Case Lian Li PC-Q01B Mini ITX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 450W
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Keyboard Custom bamboo job
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Finished Super PI on legendary mode in only 13 hours.
System Name MSI apache ge62 2qd
Processor intel i7 5700HQ
Memory 12 Gb
Video Card(s) GTX960m
Storage 1TB
Display(s) Dell 24'
Okay so what this basically does with AMD processors is that it shuts down some processes, jacks up CPU priority to the game's process, and uses some "AMD Boost" (that red dot in the green circle for AOD) to increase CPU performance so games are playable run faster.

I didn't find more than 1~2% increase with Everest Ultimate CPU tests with the boost mode enabled (under AOD). Instead, my 42-ish °C Phenom scorched at 55 °C.
What does it idle at? My friend says his phenom gets stuck if it goes over 32 °C.
Did you check the clock speed while running it?Check with Cpu-z rather than everest(though you don't need telling).
Does CnQ even work for you in XP?
I'll test with my x2 soon. 20 Mb will take some time.

btarunr

Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Software Windows 11 Pro
What does it idle at? My friend says his phenom gets stuck if it goes over 32 °C.
Did you check the clock speed while running it?Check with Cpu-z rather than everest(though you don't need telling).
Does CnQ even work for you in XP?
I'll test with my x2 soon. 20 Mb will take some time.

5 minutes of idling in boost mode (red box in the tray shows CPU pin-1, green shows NB).

Boost is the secret of my energy™ [consumption]

MadCow

Processor Athlon 64 X2 4400+ @2.6 GHz
Motherboard DFI LanParty UT CFX3200
Cooling 120mm Yate Loon fan intake, 82mm ex-PSU fan exhaust
Memory 2048 mb. of cheap DDR400 RAM w/cheap heatspreaders
Video Card(s) Sapphire+HIS X1950 PRO, Crossfired@635/709
Storage WD 250 GB SATA
Display(s) Samsung 216BW
Case No-name ATX case (modded to hell)
Audio Device(s) SB X-FI OEM
Power Supply Nikao Cool Power 500W (34a@12v)
Software Windows XP PRO SP2
Wow, that program just completely locks up my system. Probably because my mobo is barely even half-working, but still.

Memory 12 Gb
Video Card(s) GTX960m
Storage 1TB
Display(s) Dell 24'
Fusion on my sytem
Wprime with basic mode no gain in performance+ temp jumps from 32 to 38(just jumps no intermediate) and goes higher
with expert it went through the shutdow process
Advanced- 2 sec advantage in wprime for a total of 15-18 temp increase.
and for the lol

Amd is kind enough to warn you that you will see the powerfull capabilities of their CPU :laugh:

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Motherboard H170I-PLUS D3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Mushkin DDR3L-1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1050ti
Storage 512GB Corsair SSD
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Case Lian Li PC-Q01B Mini ITX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 450W
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Keyboard Custom bamboo job
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Finished Super PI on legendary mode in only 13 hours.
No, boost doesn't play with CnQ. With CnQ disabled (in the BIOS), the CPU still idles at ~42 °C for me. The bus speeds/multipliers HT Link / CPU-NB voltage, all are the same. Including vCore (according to Everest Ultimate). It's still a mystery what this boost mode does that the CPU reaches 55 °C.

Could it be doing something funky like disabling your fan? Could be something as simple as that -- no way to tell if it's actually consuming more power unless you've got a Kill-A-Watt measuring current draw.

Memory 12 Gb
Video Card(s) GTX960m
Storage 1TB
Display(s) Dell 24'
Could it be doing something funky like disabling your fan? Could be something as simple as that -- no way to tell if it's actually consuming more power unless you've got a Kill-A-Watt measuring current draw.
My fan always runs at 100% and no changes in voltages plus as Bta said there is not much gain.

PCpraiser100

System Name REBEL R1
Processor Core i7 920
Motherboard ASUS P6T
Cooling Stock
Memory 6GB OCZ GOLD TC LV Kit 1866MHz@1.65V 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) Two Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X Xfire'd and OC'd (920/1330)
Storage Seagate 7200.11 500GB 32MB
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D1 PCI Sound Card
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 500W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Benchmark Scores 16585 Performance Score on 3DMark Vantage
Now this is what I'm talking about. True, honest demonstration on how powerful the Ohenom really are when it comes to all cores. Screw the game benchmarks, if they enable all four cores the Core 2 series will be left in the dust.

evil bill

System Name Main Rig | Second Rig
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo Wolfdale E8200 @ 3.2Ghz | Pentium 4 530J 3.0Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P5KC @ 1,600Mhz FSB | Asus P5P800
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
Memory OCZ 4GB DDR2-800 (2x2GB) 5-4-4-15 | Corsair 1GB XMS DDR-400 (2 x 512MB)
Video Card(s) MSI NX8800GT 512MB Pre-OCd @ 660/950 | Powercolor X850 Pro 256MB AGP
Storage 500GB WD Caviar SATA300 | Hitachi Deckstar 80GB SATA
Display(s) LG 22" W2252TQ
Case Antec 900 | ATX Window case
Audio Device(s) Onboard High Definition Audio | Soundblaster Audigy SE
Power Supply Hiper 730W HPU-5M730-SE | Tagan 480W
Software Vista 64-bit SP1 | Windows 7 32-bit RC1
lol I read the headline as "AMD Confuses Corporate Brand with the Power of "Fusion""

:eek:

btarunr

Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Software Windows 11 Pro

I can see all my fans spinning. On a side note, yes, Windows XP does have all proper software for CnQ and C1E support enabled. Regarding power draw, the fact that the chip runs that much hotter, at the same CPU parameters (including vCore) shows something is fishy. It's logical to assume the power draw goes up (how else is the CPU heating up?).

Abu Assar

check out this blog post about fusion :
http://blogs.amd.com/patmoorhead/archive/2008/09/17/fusion-for-gaming.aspx

Using some canned benchmarks, I saw the following:

* 3D Mark: 15% overall score improvement in 3DMark
* World In Conflict: Based on the setting, improvements in frame rates were 55% for the “average” setting, 157% for the “minimum” setting and 116% for the “maximum” setting
* Lost Planet: 5.8% “Snow” and 24% “Cave” scene frame rate improvement

it is very impressive if these numbers can be easily done .

System Name HOMECOMPUTER
Processor Intel i9 - 9900k @ 5.1Ghz - 1.31v
Motherboard Asux ROG Maximus XI Hero Wifi
Cooling ek supremacy evo full nickle, 2xEK 360 Radiators, ek d5 pump/res combo, ek full cover 2080ti block
Memory 16GB DDR 3600 Trident Z RGB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 2080TI
Storage 1xWD black NVME 500GB, 1xSamsung 970 Evo Plus NVME 1TB
Display(s) 2 Dell Gaming 27" 1440P Gsync
Case Lian LI PC-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Evga P2 1200Watt
Mouse Zowie FK1+
Keyboard Corsair Strafe rgb silent
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i'm working on that
man why does this come after i upgrade to vista 64 and it doesn't support vista 64. jesus amd why!!!!

Memory 12 Gb
Video Card(s) GTX960m
Storage 1TB
Display(s) Dell 24'
I can see all my fans spinning. On a side note, yes, Windows XP does have all proper software for CnQ and C1E support enabled. Regarding power draw, the fact that the chip runs that much hotter, at the same CPU parameters (including vCore) shows something is fishy. It's logical to assume the power draw goes up (how else is the CPU heating up?).

Did you try the Basic,expert and advanced setting. The UI is pretty bad for this thing.
If you don't find the Basic,expert and advanced setting just minimize it to tray(You'll find a small arrow pointing downward along with a x button on the right top corner). Now right click the tray icon and hover the mouse on turn fusion on and it'll give you the options.

My processor is heating up more than what it did when I gave it a 200Mhz increase and just like then there was no gain in performance. Seriously something fishy. With the temps rising like that I'm definitely not going to be using it.

Last edited:
System Name MASTER
Processor Core i7 3930k run at 4.4ghz
Motherboard Asus Rampage IV extreme
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 4x4G kingston hyperx beast 2400mhz
Video Card(s) 2X EVGA GTX680
Storage 2X Crusial M4 256g raid0, 1TbWD g, 2x500 WD B
Display(s) Samsung 27' 1080P LED 3D monitior 2ms
Case CoolerMaster Chosmos II
Audio Device(s) Creative sound blaster X-FI Titanum champion,Creative speakers 7.1 T7900
Power Supply Corsair 1200i, Logitch G500 Mouse, headset Corsair vengeance 1500
Software Win7 64bit Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 3d mark 2011: testing
so i have only amd 6000x2 cpu with nforce mobo and nvidia card . did this program useful for me

Memory 12 Gb
Video Card(s) GTX960m
Storage 1TB
Display(s) Dell 24'
Nope. Not at all.
AMD needs to get better coders.

System Name HOMECOMPUTER
Processor Intel i9 - 9900k @ 5.1Ghz - 1.31v
Motherboard Asux ROG Maximus XI Hero Wifi
Cooling ek supremacy evo full nickle, 2xEK 360 Radiators, ek d5 pump/res combo, ek full cover 2080ti block
Memory 16GB DDR 3600 Trident Z RGB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 2080TI
Storage 1xWD black NVME 500GB, 1xSamsung 970 Evo Plus NVME 1TB
Display(s) 2 Dell Gaming 27" 1440P Gsync
Case Lian LI PC-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Evga P2 1200Watt
Mouse Zowie FK1+
Keyboard Corsair Strafe rgb silent
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i'm working on that
has anybody been able to figure out exactly why the processor seems to heat up, i mean i've got a nake 5000 be under an ultra120 extreme that is lapped super super smooth lol. my cpu went from 32 to 40 idle but the load doesn't seem to go any higher then i would without it installed. I did notice a significant increase in performance in games like WoW and a small performance in 3dmark and cod4. all and all a cool idea, saves me time not having to disable all of those services. the temp is a small issue, but i wish i had a better idea behind the curtains as to what is going on.

Memory 12 Gb
Video Card(s) GTX960m
Storage 1TB
Display(s) Dell 24'
if any one has an option to disable Oc'ing in bios it might help.