• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Opens New Global Design Centre in Hyderabad

System Name barely hangin on...
Processor Intel I5 4670K @stock
Motherboard Asus H81m-cs (nothing else available now)
Cooling CM Hyper 212X (in push-pull)
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 1866MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RX 580 4GB Dual
Storage WD Blue 1TB, WD Black 2TB, Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
Display(s) Acer KG241QP 144Hz
Case Cooler Master CM 690 III (Transparent side panel) - illuminated with NZXT HUE RGB
Audio Device(s) FiiO E10K>Boom 3D>ATH M50/Samson SR850/HD599SE
Power Supply Corsair RM 850
Mouse Redragon M901 PERDITION 16400 DPI Laser Gaming Mouse
Keyboard HyperX Alloy FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Cherry MX Brown)
Software 7-64bit MBR, 10-64bit UEFI (Not Multi-boot), VBox guests...
You didn't say they were less capable though.
He said that right at the start. About us not having the right caliber. But I'm given to understand that he is not normally like this. So, like I said, let's end it right here.

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
I did read that particular post carefully, and that was sort of what you said. The westerners do the complex tasks, the indians (or whatever they might be) do the easy stuff. You didn't say they were less capable though.

You, Nabarun, are taking the price for stupidity though. Calling people Hitler is not productive in any way.

In short I have no idea why you are arguing. They are opening a design centre in Hyderabad. That is good. End?

lol thats ripe stuff :roll::roll:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
I did read that particular post carefully, and that was sort of what you said. The westerners do the complex tasks, the indians (or whatever they might be) do the easy stuff. You didn't say they were less capable though.
Corporations are not going to pay someone in one country $40k and someone in another country $20k to do the same job if they can help it. The cost of living differences dictate that it must happen (e.g. both locations need janitors). In order for a corporation to see value in keeping the more expensive location open, they need to see results to match the extra cost or they're going to move. Experience weighs heavily on that.

I don't know if AMD is cutting any more staff with the opening of this facility. If they aren't, that means AMD is growing which is good for everyone (except Intel and NVIDIA).

Last edited:
Case Cooler Master CM 690 III (Transparent side panel) - illuminated with NZXT HUE RGB
Get some rest, dude. I quit. Now I will be pondering over the "Golden Rule of Prog..." After that I will be delivering IM injections and SC saline to some of my cats who are suffering from nephritis. I recently had to euthanize one. They need me. So I quit. You win. I quit. TaTA :)

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
He said that right at the start. About us not having the right caliber. But I'm given to understand that he is not normally like this. So, like I said, let's end it right here.

Hooboy he is like this. It's his thing. He has facts (or think he does have facts anyway) and then he will not budge, and you end up talking about different things. Sometimes he's good, often he's just plain annoying and sometimes he extrapolates. Discussing with him is like talking to an autistic wall.

Get some rest, dude. I quit. Now I will be pondering over the "Golden Rule of Prog..." After that I will be delivering IM injections and SC saline to some of my cats who are suffering from nephritis. I recently had to euthanize one. They need me. So I quit. You win. I quit. TaTA :)

It was fun seeing someone insulting him though. I have said horrible things to him in the past, now I just can't bring myself to care, generally.

Corporations are not going to pay someone in one country $40k and someone in another country $20k to do the same job if they can help it. The cost of living differences dictate that it must happen (e.g. both locations need janitors). In order for a corporation to see value in keeping the more expensive location open, they need to see results to match the extra cost or they're going to move. Experience weighs heavily on that.

I don't know if AMD is cutting any more staff with the opening of this facility. If they aren't, that means AMD is growing which is good for everyone (except Intel and NVIDIA).

It's more than that, you have the cost of relocating, the benefits they get from that country to stay (tax breaks for instance, didn't New York do that not to long ago?), publicity and so on. In the end it is money, obviously, but there several paths that lead to that money.

System Name My baby
Processor Athlon II X4 620 @ 3.5GHz, 1.45v, NB @ 2700Mhz, HT @ 2700Mhz - 24hr prime95 stable
Motherboard Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
Cooling Sonic Tower Rev 2 with 120mm Akasa attached, Akasa @ Front, Xilence Red Wing 120mm @ Rear
Memory 8 GB G.Skills 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI ASUS Crossfire 5850
Storage Crucial MX100 SATA 2.5 SSD
Display(s) Lenovo ThinkVision 27" (LEN P27h-10)
Case Antec VSK 2000 Black Tower Case
Audio Device(s) Onkyo TX-SR309 Receiver, 2x Kef Cresta 1, 1x Kef Center 20c
Power Supply OCZ StealthXstream II 600w, 4x12v/18A, 80% efficiency.
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
They do that so there is less downtime in researching. They do 8-10 hour shifts in the USA/Canada then source another 8-10 hour shift on the other side of the planet. It increases research pace by 50-80% which means keeping up/getting ahead of the competition.

Come on its to save money. If money wasn't a factor they'll just hire their USA/Canadian labour to work nights when the USA/Canadian day labours clock off.

It's really no different from using call centers in India to handle the night-load when no one in USA/Canada wants to work. It's smart business practice, even if it isn't the most optimal. Case in point: the high skill in engineering comes from the people in the design department. They stamp out the framework for how it is going to work and likely have to work on many components of that but, for every complicated task only a handful of people can do, there's a dozen other tasks almost anyone with a basic understanding of the subject can do. The people in the "West" do the former and while they're away from work, the people in "East" do the latter. The people in the "East" are doing tasks that are too expensive in the "West." The relationship is mutually beneficial but the majority of the high skill laborers are still in the "West."

Don't you think there are high skilled non-Americans working in America as high skilled engineers?

IBM gets credit because it owns the IP. IBM is a US corporation.

Exactly. Which proves my point.

An American firm can hire Indian or foreign labour and still praise the credit.

Yes they would.

Because corporations hire people in the thousands to tens of thousands, saving of 20k per year for 10,000 people is a significant saving. And if the labour is 20k in Asia for the locals is big money in their currency, so it's win/win. There is less pressure as far as tax obligations, maintaining good working conditions, working hours, paying health insurance, giving competitive bonuses and other basic necessities expected by American Citizens.

I'd think one of the many reasons American companies don't move their entire operation to say China is because they need one foot in a proper democracy. For example if Apple completely relocated to China they'd have no protection as far as intellectual property as copyright laws are not respected and enforced. As well as quality control, legal protection, transportation issues, weak currency issues etc.

Last edited:
System Name Coffee | Maximus
Processor Intel Core i7 9700K @ 5.2 GHz with AVX, 4.8 GHz cache clock | i7 9700KF @ 5.0 GHz/4.7 GHz cache
Motherboard ASUS Maximus X Formula | ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger (modded BIOS for Coffee Lake)+TPM2.0 module
Cooling Cooler Master ML240 Illusion | Cooler Master ML120L RGB
Memory 2*16 GB (32 GB) Kingston Fury Beast @3600 MHz CL17 | 4*8 GB (32 GB) HyperX Fury @3200 MHz CL14
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB Twin Edge | Galax RTX 2060 Super 8 GB
Storage Samsung PM981a 1TB NVMe+480GB SATA SSD+2 TB HDD | Crucial P5 1TB, Crucial P1 500GB+2.5TB HDDs
Display(s) LG OLED 55 G3, 4K 120 Hz, VRR, ALLM, GSync, FreeSync | Samsung 43AU9070 4K TV, VRR, ALLM
Case Corsair Crystal 460X RGB | Lianli Lancool 215
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z SE | Realtek ALC1150 (Supreme FX)
Power Supply ASUS ROG Strix 750G (80+ Gold) | Cooler Master MWE 650 V2 (80+ Bronze)
Mouse Cooler Master MM731 19000 DPI gaming mouse
Keyboard Cooler Master CK721 65% mechanical gaming keyboard (tactile)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 |Windows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R20 MT 4200,ST 547 CPU-Z MT 4871, ST 620 | R20 MT - 4158, ST - 534, CPU-Z MT 4798, ST 603
2 years more and I am coming with my CV. :)

NOTE: While most of the Indian students are too much bookish, many of them have the finest brains. Also academic performance is not everything. So if AMD checks the skills and knowledge, smartness besides marks of the students and then recruits them, then we Indians will surely make AMD shine.

Also this is a good advantage for us. All these years, we didn't have ANY MAJOR semiconductor industry in India. Now that AMD is coming, things can change.
Very good news. :) I will deliver my best to be there. Wish me luck everyone. :)

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Don't you think there are high skilled non-Americans working in America as high skilled engineers?
Of course. That's why we (and most countries) have work visas and foreign exchange student programs. XD

2 years more and I am coming with my CV. :)

NOTE: While most of the Indian students are too much bookish, many of them have the finest brains. Also academic performance is not everything. So if AMD checks the skills and knowledge, smartness besides marks of the students and then recruits them, then we Indians will surely make AMD shine.

Also this is a good advantage for us. All these years, we didn't have ANY MAJOR semiconductor industry in India. Now that AMD is coming, things can change.
Very good news. :) I will deliver my best to be there. Wish me luck everyone. :)
This isn't the first one. AMD has another one in Bangalore. Good luck.
Of course. That's why we (and most countries) have work visas and foreign exchange student programs. XD

Most under-developed "third world" countries do too. But what's the point? Didn't have enough of this ?:confused:

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
Guys relax. I can understand the frustration of the US guys because recently all big corporations are only opening fabs outside the US. This means less jobs for the US citizens and even less income for the country. All the moneys instead of going to US are going to countries like China, India, Taiwan, Mexic, etc. This is extremely bad for the US economy, one with the biggest domestic and foreign debt in the world.

Guys relax. I can understand the frustration of the US guys because recently all big corporations are only opening fabs outside the US. This means less jobs for the US citizens and even less income for the country. All the moneys instead of going to US are going to countries like China, India, Taiwan, Mexic, etc. This is extremely bad for the US economy, one with the biggest domestic and foreign debt in the world.

That is not quite accurate. The big US giants can only afford to invest overseas because they already have enough capital to do so from their business at home. The more profit they make, the bigger they become, and this in turn means more income for their homeland (although many are opposed to Obama's tax theories... they just wanna crush the poor and keep making money without paying any substantial tax.) But the thing is, THIS is capitalism and open market. US are the biggest sponsors of this. And this policy doesn't just apply to manufacturing and design labs - it applies equally to their Wall Mart/McDonald's/... etc etc. They just don't want to see that. And some are just plain stupid.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
And this policy doesn't just apply to manufacturing and design labs - it applies equally to their Wall Mart/McDonald's/... etc etc. They just don't want to see that. And some are just plain stupid.

You're confusing franchises for branch factories...

Outsourcet jobs means less jobs in the homeland, taxes payed in the country where the factory operates, while the profit is exclusively to the Company (not sure 100% about this thou...).

No, I am not confused. I am saying that if they have no problem with those, then they shouldn't have problems with these either. Americans don't seem to complain about all the Asian companies' US branches, do they? What about all these PC hw manufacturers who are almost all Asian, but have similar factories/centers in the US? What about the camera manufacturers? Just think of all the major electronics brands - almost ALL are Asian. Americans never think that they are robbing Asian jobs/money, do they? I think I am far from confused.

System Name My baby
Processor Athlon II X4 620 @ 3.5GHz, 1.45v, NB @ 2700Mhz, HT @ 2700Mhz - 24hr prime95 stable
Cooling Sonic Tower Rev 2 with 120mm Akasa attached, Akasa @ Front, Xilence Red Wing 120mm @ Rear

You're confusing franchises for branch factories...

Outsourcet jobs means less jobs in the homeland, taxes payed in the country where the factory operates, while the profit is exclusively to the Company (not sure 100% about this thou...).

This is only true if the factory was once in USA but shutdown and migrates offshore. Then jobs are lost

But if an American based company sets up factories offshore to begin with then there is no impact on current jobs for US Citizens.

By cutting costs with offshore labour will allow for the company to grow in revenue, net worth, stock prices etc. This means they'll pay more tax domestically and offshore overall. The company would be in a better position to maintain and expand its remaining infrastructure in the USA thus creating new job opportunities too.

No, I am not confused. I am saying that if they have no problem with those, then they shouldn't have problems with these either. Americans don't seem to complain about all the Asian companies' US branches, do they? What about all these PC hw manufacturers who are almost all Asian, but have similar factories/centers in the US? What about the camera manufacturers? Just think of all the major electronics brands - almost ALL are Asian. Americans never think that they are robbing Asian jobs/money, do they? I think I am far from confused.

Very true, plenty of Taiwanese, Chinese, Hong Kong and other South-East Asian technology companies whom have migrated to USA. American Citizens are happy to accept their jobs and income tax but pull hissy fits when American companies migrate to Asia. Double standards.

Last edited:
plenty of Taiwanese, Chinese, Hong Kong and other South-East Asian technology companies whom have migrated to USA. American Citizens are happy to accept their jobs and income tax but pull hissy fits when American companies migrate to Asia. Double standards.

You forgot Japan and Korea :roll::laugh:
And I think Hong Kong is part of China since 1997 (Well, it was originally theirs to begin with, but the Brits took it for a while... :) )

Last edited:
System Name My baby
You forgot Japan and Korea :roll::laugh:
And I think Hong Kong is part of China since 1999 (Well, it was originally theirs to begin with, but the Brits took it for a while... :) )

I said "and other South-East Asian technology companies" so that includes Japan, Korea, Philippines, Thailand etc

China and Hong Kong are two different countries with different laws, language, culture, currency and government. It shares a boarder with China, Shenzen. HK Citizens are mostly of Chinese decent. On paper I guess it belongs to China but in practice China has no control over the country.

A good example is in China it's illegal to protest. But protesters often go to HK where they're protected by their governments free speech laws.

Last edited:
You are technically correct about the companies, but I was just saying that Japan and Korea usually come first to mind when thinking about electronics :) And yes, Hong Kong is different from the mainland for obvious reasons, but it's part of China. It does have some bs "special powers", but Chinese it is. Not different countries :)

System Name My baby
You are technically correct about the companies, but I was just saying that Japan and Korea usually come first to mind when thinking about electronics :) And yes, Hong Kong is different from the mainland for obvious reasons, but it's part of China. It does have some bs "special powers", but Chinese it is. Not different countries :)

Believe me they operate as two different countries. China is a partial communist, HK is a proper democracy.

Crimes which would get you locked up in China for life or sentenced to death or kidnapped is 100% accepted in HK. For example in China Buddhist Monks are harassed and beaten by the police daily, Government controls the news and internet and blocks certain social media, whereas in HK their government is liberal and accepting.

It's not BS powers, If China breaks the Treaty, they'll risk starting a war with Britain and it's allies and they'll be shutdown my the United Nations. They don't want that headache.

This talk is now moving way from the topic. But let me assure you - HK is Chinese and Britain will NEVER attack China. Not for HK. Not for ANYTHING! Although if there is an ongoing war, they may just tag along, but because they would have little choice. And the UN is basically US. They are just business partners. And China is no Sudan. So, war, shutdown etc these will only happen in discussions like these - not in real life.
Now, all those things you said about HK's governance are fine. But at the end of the day, HK is a city in China. It's an island outside the mainland, but it's Chinese nonetheless.

System Name My baby
This talk is now moving way from the topic. But let me assure you - HK is Chinese and Britain will NEVER attack China. Not for HK. Not for ANYTHING! Although if there is an ongoing war, they may just tag along, but because they would have little choice. And the UN is basically US. They are just business partners. And China is no Sudan. So, war, shutdown etc these will only happen in discussions like these - not in real life.
Now, all those things you said about HK's governance are fine. But at the end of the day, HK is a city in China. It's an island outside the mainland, but it's Chinese nonetheless.

Britain wouldn't successfully attack China because starting a war is difficulty. There would be empty threats from politicians on both sides. Plenty of mediation and UN intervention etc.

Also there is a lot of trade of goods between China and Britain, more importantly a lot of trade between China and European Union. China wouldn't risk upsetting the treaty and messing up their economy.

USA have already threatened Military action against China and Russia for different reasons, any disruption with Hong Kong with give them the perfect excuse to go in, especially after China threatened war on Japan whom USA are militarily responsible for.

Hong Kong isn't just a city in China. I've given you plenty of examples of how their independent countries, it's only fair you give one example to justifies your statement.

Last edited:
System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Britain wouldn't successfully attack China because starting a war is difficulty. There would be empty threats from politicians on both sides. Plenty of mediation and UN intervention etc.

Also there is a lot of trade of goods between China and Britain, more importantly a lot of trade between China and European Union. China wouldn't risk upsetting the treaty and messing up their economy.

USA have already threatened Military action against China and Russia for different reasons, any disruption with Hong Kong with give them the perfect excuse to go in, especially after China threatened war on Japan whom USA are militarily responsible for.

Hong Kong isn't a city in China. I've given you plenty of examples of how their independent countries, it's only fair you give one example to justifies your statement.

Jees where the hell have you taken a thread about a building , so effin what world wide expansion into expanding markets is wise and good .. .....

Hong Kong isn't a city in China. I've given you plenty of examples of how their independent countries, it's only fair you give one example to justifies your statement.

Sure man! :)
1. Google,
2. Wikipedia,
If you read this thoroughly and yet have doubts, then open another thread.
3. If the above two are too much to read, then here is a list of Chinese cities.

System Name My baby
Sure man! :)
1. Google,
2. Wikipedia,
If you read this thoroughly and yet have doubts, then open another thread.
3. If the above two are too much to read, then here is a list of Chinese cities.

That link is according to People's Republic of China. If China said HK was a mountain or a desert island surrounded by water it wouldn't mean it's true.

China is bitter it lost HK, even when Britain owned it China still considered it "theirs". To take HK off their list would be to prove they lost. Chinese people have too much pride for that.

You've proven it's a city within China, according to the People's Republic of China. But you haven't proven that HK doesn't operate as a different country.

Last edited:
Oh, come on, man! What link is Chinese? Google or Wikipedia? I cannot prove HK is a country because it is not. It is a Special Administrative Zone inside China. If you cannot believe Google or Wikipedia, my only suggestion would be that you contact the United Nations. Now, I really don't care whether HK is Chinese or African or Martian, so, I'm gonna stop replying to this thread, because at this point as we Bengalis say, "The Story's Cow Has Climbed The Tree". Please have a GR8 day. I'm gonna try to take a very urgent nap right now, and try not to dream about WW3 :D

System Name My baby
Oh, come on, man! What link is Chinese? Google or Wikipedia? I cannot prove HK is a country because it is not. It is a Special Administrative Zone inside China. If you cannot believe Google or Wikipedia, my only suggestion would be that you contact the United Nations. Now, I really don't care whether HK is Chinese or African or Martian, so, I'm gonna stop replying to this thread, because at this point as we Bengalis say, "The Story's Cow Has Climbed The Tree". Please have a GR8 day. I'm gonna try to take a very urgent nap right now, and try not to dream about WW3 :D

No you're going to stop replying because you know what you're saying ignorant.

Opinion polls of Hong Kongers show that the majority of HK Citizens consider Hong Kong as a independent country and want to keep it that way. Citizens feel their nationality is Hong Kong first and Chinese second. If you call a Hong Konger Chinese or a Chinese person a Hong Konger they will be offended. To consider them one is actually racist.